Sun Wing.....top marks! Great service!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Sun Wing.....top marks! Great service!

Post by Doc »

You either give your passengers leg room. Or turn a very slight profit. You can't do both. If you want lots of room, fly Air Canada business class, and take out a second mortgage to buy the tickets with.
---------- ADS -----------

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

All very good points. However, you should have spelled "champagne" a little more carefully.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

Holy crap, meatservo! Do you actually have enough time to sit and play spelling nazi on this site! That's two posts back-to-back! Make a contribution for chrissakes!!

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Oh, God, I'm so bored. I don't consider myself to be a Nazi, that implies some kind of unfriendliness. I'm just trying to contribute, in my small way, to the overall literacy on this board. By the way, your spelling has really improved, Airtids. Keep up the good work!

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

Thanks. Always trying to do better...

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
CP
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CP »

You either give your passengers leg room. Or turn a very slight profit. You can't do both. If you want lots of room, fly Air Canada business class, and take out a second mortgage to buy the tickets with.
You know what? I think I will use ac vacations next year. We payed the $25 per seat each way for the extra leg room on sunwing which was glorious.I felt sorry for the other 180 or so in regular seating. Sky service was just as bad. Do all ac seats have respectable leg room or just business class? I notice on domestic flights both major carriers are about the same. Very roomy. Do they cram you on sun destinations like the charter companies?

E-Flyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by E-Flyer »

Air Transat also packs their passengers on their A330. Not an uncommon thing to see. These companies are trying to maximize their revenue by taking those extra 50 passengers. Imagine Marline Travel selling 50 more 1000 dollar tickets for a week in cancun. 50 grand / week ain't too bad of a deal. Obviously that's not how the industry works as it's never a constant, but a rough idea :)

Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

Typically it's a charter thing. When I worked at Canada 3000 it amazed me that people wanted to fly with us, given the lack of seat room.

For vacationers, they must just book on price point and say to heck with being comfortable for 4 hours. If it's only once a year, unlike scheduled passenger service, perhaps a business can continue to offer the cramped seating.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

E-Flyer wrote:Air Transat also packs their passengers on their A330. Not an uncommon thing to see. These companies are trying to maximize their revenue by taking those extra 50 passengers. Imagine Marline Travel selling 50 more 1000 dollar tickets for a week in cancun. 50 grand / week ain't too bad of a deal. Obviously that's not how the industry works as it's never a constant, but a rough idea :)
There was a press release a few weeks ago.
Air Transat increases legroom on entire fleet:
http://www.airtransat.com/en/promo.asp?pos=2&n=1

Return to “General Comments”