X-post - Need Reputable Avionics Shop in Southern AB or S

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

X-post - Need Reputable Avionics Shop in Southern AB or S

Post by JAHinYYC »

As per this post to the Maintenance forum:

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 27&t=41359

I am looking for a good shop outside the CYBW area - both shops there are booked solid until mid May...
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by JAHinYYC on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wookie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: X-post - Need Reputable Avionics Ship in Southern AB or S

Post by wookie »

Western Avionics @ YYC????

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

See? Here's where poor spelling gets you. I was going to recommend several good avionics ships in the area only to find that you were looking for an avionics SHOP. Let's pay attention to our spelling, people!!!

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by The Old Fogducker »

Hello Meatservo:

Like you, proper spelling and use of the English language to communicate ideas and concepts has always been a point of mine and I can thank my saintly English grandmother for that trait. Your attempts to increase "the appearance of professional qualifications" of your aviation peers is indeed admirable, and enjoys my support.

Cast your eyes downward at your qwerty style keyboard. You will see the I and O keys are side by side.

Consider the greater probability, is this more likely to be typo or a spelling error?

As they sometimes say in the US Marines "Is this the hill you want to die for?"

Fog

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

I considered that, and it caused me to think twice, believe me.

If I were to be completely honest, I would tell you that the spelling around here seems to have gotten a lot better, and this post, whether or not it was a typo, was the only thing I could find to pick on today. I feel a little smaller, and a little humbler, now that you have forced me to admit it.

However, I would rather wrongly accuse a thousand sloppy typers than allow one bad speller to go free.

Or, to use another military saying, "kill 'em all, and let God sort 'em out"

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
snowshoe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by snowshoe »

although the distance may scare you off, Aerotronics in BIL runs a good shop. workmanship was top shelf and customer service some of the best i've seen.

Q: How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: It cannot be done. You will need to upgrade your house.
JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: X-post - Need Reputable Avionics ShOp in Southern AB or S

Post by JAHinYYC »

Meatservo wrote: I would rather wrongly accuse a thousand sloppy typers than allow one bad speller to go free.
You mean an avionics shop and and avionics ship are not the same thing? :roll:

A thousand pardons my fastidious attention to spelling friend :oops: I shame facedly cried myself to sleep last night for the embarassment I have caused myself.

A long time ago, my grade nine English teacher, Ms. Bartel, told me that I was a terrible speller, but was quite smart and that I should expect to rise up the corporate ranks to a level where I wood hav eh sekrutary ho kud . meye spulling four mee.

Apparently the little mynx was having coffee and I had to write the post myself.

Last edited by JAHinYYC on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: X-post - Need Reputable Avionics Shop in Southern AB or S

Post by Meatservo »

Your deliberately bad spelling is making that little pain behind my left eyeball throb.

I think we can all agree that having a secretary obviates the need for good personal spelling etiquette. Why don't you get one of those little tape-recorders, and make "notes to self" that she can then transcribe at her convenience?

On another note, I was thinking that an avionics SHIP would be really sweet, considering how difficult it is to find a good SHOP. Limited use in the prairies, I admit, but you could travel around in your avionics ship to where you were most needed.

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

There's no such thing as a "reputable" avionics shop.

:wink:

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

Meatservo wrote:Your deliberately bad spelling is making that little pain behind my left eyeball throb.
I am pleased you enjoyed it. I was hoping to coerce a vein to pop out on your forehead, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
Meatservo wrote: I think we can all agree that having a secretary obviates the need for good personal spelling etiquette. Why don't you get one of those little tape-recorders, and make "notes to self" that she can then transcribe at her convenience?
Have you ever done dictation for real? It is aweful, you feel like a total putz making a permanent record of your inability to express a cogent thought.
Meatservo wrote:On another note, I was thinking that an avionics SHIP would be really sweet, considering how difficult it is to find a good SHOP. Limited use in the prairies, I admit, but you could travel around in your avionics ship to where you were most needed.
Personally, I am holding out for a Starship. As in Enterprise....

shitdisturber
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by shitdisturber »

JAHinYYC wrote:
Meatservo wrote:Your deliberately bad spelling is making that little pain behind my left eyeball throb.
I am pleased you enjoyed it. I was hoping to coerce a vein to pop out on your forehead, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
Meatservo wrote: I think we can all agree that having a secretary obviates the need for good personal spelling etiquette. Why don't you get one of those little tape-recorders, and make "notes to self" that she can then transcribe at her convenience?
Have you ever done dictation for real? It is aweful, you feel like a total putz making a permanent record of your inability to express a cogent thought.
Meatservo wrote:On another note, I was thinking that an avionics SHIP would be really sweet, considering how difficult it is to find a good SHOP. Limited use in the prairies, I admit, but you could travel around in your avionics ship to where you were most needed.
Personally, I am holding out for a Starship. As in Enterprise....
That's "awful"

Return to “General Comments”