Cador for this?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Cador for this?

Post by Donald »

What's the reason?
CADORS Number: 2008O1812 Reporting Region: Ontario

Occurrence InformationOccurrence Type: Incident Occurrence Date: 2008/08/18
Occurrence Time: 2330 Z Day Or Night: day-time
Fatalities: 0 Injuries: 0

Canadian Aerodrome ID: CYXU Aerodrome Name: London
Occurrence Location: London (CYXU) Province: Ontario

Reported By: Local media AOR Number:
TSB Class Of Investigation: TSB Occurrence No.:
Event InformationOther operational incident
Aircraft Information
Detail InformationUser Name: Donaldson, John
Date: 2008/08/19
Further Action Required: No
O.P.I.:
Narrative: The London Free Press reported that a hot air balloon had a bumpy landing on a grassy area beside the London International Airport (CYXU) parking lot (near dusk). No further details available.
---------- ADS -----------

philknight29
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Cador for this?

Post by philknight29 »

To please the press???

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

SMS baby, everything needs to be reported and documented and added to pile of B/S gathering in the corner. It's only getting worse. If the airport terminal floor is wet, coffee cold or to hot. Now thats a real hazard. What if that spilled in your lap. Bammmm everyone dead. Fill out the form. If you can't beat them join them. Make that safety officer work for there money.

my rant for the day

ohhhhhhhh that ramp rat looked at me the wrong way. Let me get my pen............

skyboy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skyboy »

Last edited by skyboy on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Adam Oke »

The Mole wrote:SMS baby,
What is this "SMS" thing that everyones been saying now. Maybe I'm out of the 'hip' lingo already... :(

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

What's wrong with reporting things like that? It doesnt hurt anyone, does it? It might be a little overboard, but, it's better than not reporting anything...

Going for the deck at corner
Unit 969
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Unit 969 »

Thats it. I will submit an SMS report about this thread.
:)

Knowing is half the battle
Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

The runway was closed while the F.O.D. was picked up and normal operations resumed at 0044Z.
What they failed to add here was that it was picked up by the AC catering department. :D

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

You really haven't been on an AC flight in quite awhile. They stopped offering something as good as a dead skunk quite awhile ago

Bank Angle
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bank Angle »

Adam Oke wrote:
The Mole wrote:SMS baby,
What is this "SMS" thing that everyones been saying now. Maybe I'm out of the 'hip' lingo already... :(
SMS = Safety Management System, an attempt for TC to have all companies police themselves through reporting, evaluation, corrective action, and follow up of all safety concerns and possible violations that happen within the company.

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

I also saw a cador about a King Air 350 that had a sick passenger on board and required priority. IT WAS A FRIGGEN AIR AMBULANCE. Of course it had a sick passenger, that's what air ambulances are all about!!!!

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Can someone help me out here?

Not having flown in Canada for many years I am not sure what exactly these CADOR's are for, is there some limit on when or why they are issued or can any occurrence such as a bounced landing generate one?

Are they like the police radar traps, just another fishing hole to generate charges and another source of money for the government?

Has anyone here had one issued on a flight you were in charge of and if so was there any follow up?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Spinner
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Spinner »

Most CADORS are generated through Nav Canada I think Cat. Mostly occuring for out of ordinary circumstances such as rejected takeoffs, turnarounds, not following clearances or flight plans etc. They are also created by TSB for incidents and accidents. They can be generated through companies reporting incidents such as weather related incidents or irregularities with Nav Can. There is probably a few other ways.

I deal a lot with maintenance issues where an aircraft may have equipment failure just prior to takeoff or things such as fire warning lights in flight or a failed instrument that causes the aircraft to turn around. Usually I am contacted by TC for details on what happened. The explanation is plugged into the Cador. If there is something that requires a procedure to be changed within the company then there may be followup by the Inspector.

As for this particular CADOR it seems a little strange. However there may have been injuries that are not in the original report. In this case there probably is no follow up as it states no further action to be done.

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING
SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING"

WOW... WHAT A RIDE
square
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by square »

Yeah we get a bunch, one of our airplanes had 5 cadors in one day for a misfunctioning transponder, plus many more on other days. I think TC actually came by a little while to chat about it, no fine or anything. Another time a rampy took a quad on the taxiway to deliver bags, so a snow plower came and told him that was a no no. FTUs get calls from tower about them to inform instructors what their boys are doing on solos. It's generally just a small peek or phone call about a CADOR, if anything at all.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

So it is sort of a big brother system looking at your every move?

Which means someone such as me or Hedley can be targeted by TC and be at the receiving end of a phone call from enforcement?

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
The Dark Side
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by The Dark Side »

No Cat. You have it all wrong. Enforcement, under the new SMS, is self imposed. You are to report what you did wrong, how you are not going to it wrong again, and when you plan not to do it again by and TC will look at it and say yes that looks like it is in the spirit of SMS or not.

Think of it like driving on the highway. There are no more police officers on the side of the road catching speeders. Now when you speed you are to go to the cop shop and report yourself. The only way you get in trouble is if you don't report yourself.

That is a re-enactment of how it was told to me.

Anyone?

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Here is a basic overview:
The Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting System (CADORS) is a national database which stores information on aviation occurrences. Aviation Safety Intelligence gathers data on irregularities, incidents and accidents from various sources such as Nav Canada, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, police services, other Transport Canada departments and the public. The data is then consolidated and entered in the national database in order to provide Transport Canada's senior managers with factual and timely information. Trimestrial and annual reports on trends are also created from that data.

When an accident or a reportable incident occurs, it has to be reported to the Transportation Safety Board as required by the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act.

It is now possible for anyone to report an event by completing the Aviation Incident Report form available on the Transport Canada web site. This information will be verified and then added to the database.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

No Cat. You have it all wrong. Enforcement, under the new SMS, is self imposed. You are to report what you did wrong, how you are not going to it wrong again, and when you plan not to do it again by and TC will look at it and say yes that looks like it is in the spirit of SMS or not.
I am more confused than ever now, in that I am not working commercial pilot in Canada due to being denied the right to work in commercial aviation in Canada by TCCA why in hell would I submit any report to TCCA?

Are the CADOR's and SMS connected and what impact do they have on private flying?

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

:mrgreen:

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

CD:

Unfortunately my revulsion for TCCA is not sarcasm, far from it.

My revulsion for TCCA comes from the fact that they did me more personal and monetary harm that any criminal organization ever did or could have done.

Had a criminal done me such harm I would have had the right to seek protection from the Justice system through a Judge or jury.

When dealing with coc.suckers like Preuss and his minions ( that is my personal opinion ) one is dealing with a Kangaroo court that is above the law therefore far more dangerous to ones welfare.

Therefore should I ever again be approached by any TCCA official I know that I am at far more risk than if I were being approached by a street criminal.

And I will take whatever action I feel is best for me to avoid these thugs who are above the law.

And please do not take this to mean that I fear them...far from it I just feel revulsion for them.....

Return to “General Comments”