maylan thread

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Latest on Maylan??

Post by bluenote »

Anybody have anything new on Maylan and their continued search for instructors? I submitted a resume without any response, even though I heard from other guys that worked there and moved on to other better schools that they would hire someone that is qualified, I guess I did not make an impression.

Any other info on this school would be appreciated, I know it has been beaten to death but anything new.

bluenote
---------- ADS -----------

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Latest on Maylan??

Post by indieadventurer »

I submitted a resume to them about 2 or 3 weeks ago and just got a call for an interview couple days ago. They are hiring, send your resume again to the email they have in their job add.

tzu
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tzu »

Stay away from that shit-show.

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

Indieadventurer

what class of instructor rating do you have and what are your approximate times so I can make a comparison.

thanks

bluenote

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

bluenote wrote:Indieadventurer

what class of instructor rating do you have and what are your approximate times so I can make a comparison.

thanks

bluenote
brand new class 4 and 230 TT, so nothing impressive. they probably just haven't phoned you yet.

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

Stay away from Maylan!

Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

bluenote wrote:Anybody have anything new on Maylan and their continued search for instructors? I submitted a resume without any response, even though I heard from other guys that worked there and moved on to other better schools that they would hire someone that is qualified, I guess I did not make an impression.

Any other info on this school would be appreciated, I know it has been beaten to death but anything new.

bluenote
Read all of the previous threads on Maylan before you get too disappointed you didn't get called.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=54149&hilit=maylan

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51754&hilit=maylan

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53406&hilit=maylan

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50356&hilit=+maylan

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47649&hilit=+maylan

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47134&hilit=+maylan

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46843&hilit=+maylan

There's more just use the search function at the top, if after those posted above aren't enough to convince you guys

Lurch

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Of course you could say its the perfect school for a class 4 in this industry, as you will get a shit load of hours real quick and once you get your time you can just leave for better pastures since they are so messed up you feel no loyalty to them.work your 100 hours a month for 4 -6 months if you are fresh out of flight school you now can write your ATPL's and get out of there. Not that I am condoning such a thing........

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Do your research on them, and be careful what you sign. There are a lot of unhappy ex-staff and ex-students out there, that usually tells you something. If you do pack your bags and join them, you can't blame anyone but yourself now as the information is out there. Good luck.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Tango01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Maylan

Post by Tango01 »

Before I get flamed away, I want to say that I DID use the SEARCH function and read all about it. Can somebody tell me why is it that bad??? I might have a shot working there and want to make the best of it if I get it. Just want to be ready for the unexpected... but what the hell. Fresh Class 4 in the worst economic times. Beggers can't be choosers right?

Timing is everything.
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Maylan

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Tango 01

Since you said you used the search function, what part of the consistant theme of lies /deceit/corruption/instructor abuse that is described in the many posts over numerous threads regarding Maylan......didn't you understand ?

Tango01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tango01 »

BPF

I understand that (that's why I asked) but was hoping for specific examples of things they do to their instructors. How they run the school, the maintenenace, etc. Everyone talks bad about the place, but nobody provides the "WHY"

Thank you for your reply.

Timing is everything.
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Personally, I was told what to expect with employment there, when I showed up it turned out to be flat out lies so quit. If you need more details then is already available in these forms you've already decided you're going to apply anyhow. So, when you go there, remember it is you being there to get some instructing hours and hopefully some reinbursement and get out. Watch your back, they'll screw you over in a heart beat if it is in their interestets. By that I mean anything, wages, weather, paperwork, maintainence, they will cut corners to save a buck and you will be the one on the receiving end.

So, go ahead, try it out, times are bad, you started this thread with your mind already made up I figured so just go in with your eyes opened and be warned. A month or so from now when you leave bitter and angry, tell us how it went.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Tango01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tango01 »

Thanks guys. Turned it down.

Timing is everything.
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

You'll find something better. The economics are slowly recovering and there are a lot of guys wanting to move up the ladder that will create vacancies at the bottom.

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

what a frickin sh!t show this Maylan operation is.

steer clear

airplane lover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airplane lover »

This Place is a s*** Show laid off all maintenance except for DOM and 3 others and got rid of everyone with any knowledge of aircraft. Word is the students are going to be stuck here with nothing and the place is grasping for straws

dragonflyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

How you guys know about Maylan Fight Academy

Post by dragonflyer »

It`s in london airport(CYXU),lots of DA-20.How is it,anybody knows it?

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: How you guys know about Maylan Fight Academy

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

Put it this way. I would rather chew off my own legs from the toes up than to associate myself with them again. If you were smart you'd stay away from them.

flyer150
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How you guys know about Maylan Fight Academy

Post by flyer150 »

This is the same group from China that got shut down in Newfoundland....

Return to “General Comments”