layoffs at Wasaya???

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: layoffs at Wasaya???

Post by mattedfred »

keep your chin up WSG. please thank your MEC for the flight bag tag. i will display it with pride until this ordeal is behind you.

"we don't work for free"
---------- ADS -----------

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

Mustard wrote:RW as your chief pilot? I feel sorry for those employees already.
X2!

Yes Doc, he shoots from the hip and you KNOW when he doesnt like you. Hes a decent driver, but would NOT make a good CP candidate... Too hot tempered and too unpredictable. Ive been called alot of things too.. and many by RW...and your right that most were to my face lol.

All the best to ya RW if your reading this.. just lighten up! Remember, I saw another (good) side of ya!

Fly safe all.
All the best to the Wasaya crew!

SmokinJoe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SmokinJoe »

RW would give you the shirt off his BACK if he had to. He's one hell of a person, if he dosen't like you than there's probably a reason. He does say it like it is and what's wrong with that? If that hurts your feelings than that's too bloody bad, change the tune then. He knows his work, he know's what needs to be done, he gives everyone a fair shot, and if you don't cut the mustard then he'll let you know. Is that not fair? I for one would gladly have RW as my chief pilot.

I should also add that I have been called many things by RW and he was probably right about them at that time but it made me realize that maybe he's right and I should change this or that, but I have also told RW to *uck off more than once, he'll respect you more if you have a pair than being a leming and not thinking for your self.

-Rockin In The Free World
Jastapilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Jastapilot »

SmokinJoe wrote:RW would give you the shirt off his BACK if he had to. He's one hell of a person, if he dosen't like you than there's probably a reason. He does say it like it is and what's wrong with that? If that hurts your feelings than that's too bloody bad, change the tune then. He knows his work, he know's what needs to be done, he gives everyone a fair shot, and if you don't cut the mustard then he'll let you know. Is that not fair? I for one would gladly have RW as my chief pilot.

I should also add that I have been called many things by RW and he was probably right about them at that time but it made me realize that maybe he's right and I should change this or that, but I have also told RW to *uck off more than once, he'll respect you more if you have a pair than being a leming and not thinking for your self.
If the RW I'm thinking of is right, then SmokinJoe nailed it. Yes, he's rough around the edges, but he's a great guy and i'm glad to have known him! It's refreshing to know someone who cuts through the BS with a machete in each hand!

Aft CofG
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aft CofG »

Which "unofficial" company is this?

And for what it's worth, RW would make a fantastic CP. I'd be quite happy to work for him any day. You won't find a more straight-up guy.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I have said too much and in order to keep my sources open i have agreed not to divulge which partner of the Limited Partnership will be starting the New companies.Maybe one of the TC guys can drop a hint as the paperwork has to go past them first :wink: :wink:

WaldoPepper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WaldoPepper »

this whole rumour is bs btw

Mustard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mustard »

Wasaya isn't laying anyone off?

WaldoPepper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WaldoPepper »

Mustard wrote:Wasaya isn't laying anyone off?
...the RW rumour :roll:

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

WaldoPepper wrote:this whole rumour is bs btw

Or....is it......?? :smt040

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

RW is not taking the position as he would lose his severance pay for his many years of faithful service and dedicated hard work that the company would have to pay him.Besides the fishing is good in Red .

Although another "Rumour " has surfaced from Sour outlook : a previous 1900 operator from the peg (now based in sour outlook) may be getting some 1900's basing them at sour outlook far from the gaze of the peg stazi.
I cannot substansiate this as i just made it up for entertainment or did i ?
Someone has to maintain the essential service :wink: :wink:

wheresmybox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wheresmybox »

mattedfred wrote:keep your chin up WSG. please thank your MEC for the flight bag tag. i will display it with pride until this ordeal is behind you.

"we don't work for free"
hahahahahaha! Sorry, I fully support that union Wasaya's got going, but I've seen those tags around and frankly that has to be the dumbest tagline I've ever read.

frankfrank
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by frankfrank »

wheresmybox,

The Union probably appreciates your support because the pilots of wasaya definitely needs a union. As for your take on the "we don't work for free" slogan if you happened to do the work these pilots do, you would appreciate that slogan. A guy at wasaya told me that when you get hired on at wasaya as a HS748 F/O will give a cheque in an amount of $15,000 to the VP of Finance and then not recieve pay untill your first revenue flight which may take at minimum a month to do and would not recieve the cheque for yet another month for a total of 2 months. The first month was a loyal donation to the company by the employee.That is what is meant by "we don't work for free" or should I say we shouldn't work for free.

and by the way Canada doesn't give out food stamps!!!

WaldoPepper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WaldoPepper »

...tip of the iceberg on that one

dutyday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dutyday »

frankfrank wrote:wheresmybox,

The Union probably appreciates your support because the pilots of wasaya definitely needs a union. As for your take on the "we don't work for free" slogan if you happened to do the work these pilots do, you would appreciate that slogan. A guy at wasaya told me that when you get hired on at wasaya as a HS748 F/O will give a cheque in an amount of $15,000 to the VP of Finance and then not recieve pay untill your first revenue flight which may take at minimum a month to do and would not recieve the cheque for yet another month for a total of 2 months. The first month was a loyal donation to the company by the employee.That is what is meant by "we don't work for free" or should I say we shouldn't work for free.
Your statement above is correct. In fact any initial ground school you get from Wasaya is free of charge. The company still believes that they are abiding by the law. I can tell you that any other company I have worked for in the past has paid me while in training. It is part of a cost that a company incurs when hiring new employees. However they would argue the point. Backwards thinking only worked when the pilots were not willing to stand up for themselves and demand a fair deal.

1202 hauler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 1202 hauler »

Hey 2r! If you know RW well enough to spread "unofficial" rumours about him I am sure you know him well enough to have talked to him about it. Your rumour has potenial to affect his current employment given ther right conditions.
What severance do you think the boys at wasaya would ever see?

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

I'd heard RW was set to fly the new DASH 8? :smt040

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

1202 hauler wrote:.
What severance do you think the boys at wasaya would ever see?
:smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 He said "SEVERANCE" :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 At, where was that now? Oh yes, Wasaya! :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040

pilotbc69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotbc69 »

Times are tough...Look after numer one.

Last edited by pilotbc69 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MudFarmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MudFarmer »

pilotbc69 check your pm's

Return to “General Comments”