DC X11

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Pete
Rank 7
Rank 7

DC X11

Post by Pete »

I've read old reviews saying the noise canceling feature starts to fade after a while and the volume gets really low. Has DC looked into this or has anyone bought a pair over the last year and had problems with them?

I like the brand...my 13.4's have lasted a long time, and are still going. But time for change and I like the looks of these suckers...not too sure to invest in them if this flaw is still lingering.
---------- ADS -----------

Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: DC X11

Post by Maritimer »

Not sure about the problem you are talking about here however I have owned an X11 for 3 years and I enjoy it. It's light weight and like all of the other ANR headsets the PNR is quite poor so always have some spare AA's kicking around somewhere. As well, after about two years, the ear cup bracket broke and even though I did not have the receipt (and actually bought it second hand) DC paid for me to ship it to them in the US. That's not even the best part. As I waited for my repaired set from DC to arrive in about a month, I checked my mail only to find a brand new set just two weeks later! Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

A Downside? Well if you operate in a cold climate like so many of us do, and you really let it freeze, the sound becomes very "tinny". But, that only lasts until your head warms it up a bit!

I have no regrets in buying one, but if $ wasn't a factor, I would likely go for a Bose………it's all personal preference

Hoov
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hoov »

I'm on my third pair. Customer service has been great in dealing with repairs, but for the money you're paying its not worth it. I know 3 other people with X-11's that have had problems and needed to send in for a repair as well. If you can get a used set for $300 I would consider it.

I carry my crucifix
Under my deathlist
Forward my mail to me in hell
Liars and the martyrs
Lost faith in The Father
Long lost in the wishing well

Wild side
tvguru
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tvguru »

I have had the X11 for about 4 years. I have had to send it back twice and each time gotten a brand new set. The first one broke at the hinge after about a year not sure why it broke as I treated it very well. Second one the left ear's ANR stopped working again after a year. The one I currently have showed up with a high pitch wine in the left ear if the temps are around the freezing mark or lower and when the batteries die I can't hear anything from my crew or atc with no indication that this has happend other then my copilots lips moving.

Their support has been great, but I wouldn't make the purchase again.

I may gave gotten a lemon, but on the third lemon.

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

I've had a pair for 2 years.

I love them.
Like the others, the hinge broke after several months of rough daily wear. Like the others, a brand new pair arrived 1 week later. I used to listen to music during the flight, and the batteries would last about 2-3 days (about 8 flying hours/day).

When the battery dies, I can still hear ATC if I turn the box off.

I left them in the bird in January when it was -20 out, and it let me know it didn't like being cold. But once the janitrol and my enormous ego warmed the cabin, it was back to normal.

I've noticed a difference in the planes that I've flown:
Singles, it does really well.
piston twins: it's pretty good.
Jet: I could hear a pin drop.

If I had to pony up the dollars again, I'd buy it again more so for the customer support. Bose is a great headset, but the customer support is no where near David Clarks.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Go Juice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Go Juice »

ZULU PPL ZUUUULUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A device is yet to be invented that will measure my indifference to this remark.

Return to “General Comments”