Must Wonder

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Must Wonder

Post by Doc »

Every time I watch a movie about the Titanic, the bloody boat sinks. Matters not that I'm "telling" the Captain to slow down, or turn to miss the bergs. The ship never has enough lifeboats! It always hits the berg and sinks.
Aviation, is sort of like Titanic. At least, in my little corner of the world. The weather goes for a dump, and everybody's airmanship/common sense/ability to adhere to limits, goes out the window with it.
So, rather than involve myself in "rants" that do nothing to improve safety in the industry, I officially, no longer give a rat's ass. I just don't care any more. Roll 'em up in balls. Leave the gear up. In short, go CFIT yourselves. I don't care anymore.
---------- ADS -----------

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Must Wonder

Post by Dh8Classic »

Doc wrote:So, rather than involve myself in "rants" that do nothing to improve safety in the industry, I officially, no longer give a rat's ass. I just don't care any more.
I suspect the majority of us will consider this a good thing.

Finally

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Doc.

I salute you.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

I suspect the majority of us will consider this a good thing.

Finally
If the majority here do not understand Doc's frustration with reading about all these accidents that in many cases can be prevented by flying within the rules and the abilities of flight crews then the accidents will only increase.

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

Doc is just reeling from the scolding he got from his latest rum soaked inappropriate rant. He'll get over it.

mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

Rum soaked or not, his rants usually have better content and more entertainment value than most others (mods included).

Doc,

I'm getting around to setting up that thing we talked about. Been busy mudding the drywall in my basement.

pilotidentity
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotidentity »

Yes Doc I understand you are talking about. Its not that you don't care, you just have no control over what others do. Instead of getting frustrated, I find it entertaining to watch now. All we can do is fly safe ourselves.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Doc wrote:Every time I watch a movie about the Titanic, the bloody boat sinks. Matters not that I'm "telling" the Captain to slow down, or turn to miss the bergs. The ship never has enough lifeboats! It always hits the berg and sinks.
Aviation, is sort of like Titanic. At least, in my little corner of the world. The weather goes for a dump, and everybody's airmanship/common sense/ability to adhere to limits, goes out the window with it.
So, rather than involve myself in "rants" that do nothing to improve safety in the industry, I officially, no longer give a rat's ass. I just don't care any more. Roll 'em up in balls. Leave the gear up. In short, go CFIT yourselves. I don't care anymore.

You don't really expect that your rants were going to change safety in this industry do you? Were you hosting seminars across the country and speaking to colleges and airlines, or were you just expecting to accomplish it by posting on a forum?

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."

A quote from a famous person.

Anyway Doc, you are certifiable so none of us expect you will keep your word, nor do we wish you to.

Happy New Year from a fan (as opposed to a propellor).

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

You can't expect people to change by ranting at them on Avcanada, Doc. If a person reads your post and says to themselves "Doc's right, I better keep my wits about me", chances are they already have the proper approach to avoid the items that you rant about (ie your CFIT and gear ups) . The other group reads your posts and says "what a dink, that'll never happen to me, that's for people that aren't awesome, I got into Sandy Lake the other day when no one else could, I'm a rock-star". You can't save that group by slugging it out on Avcanada with them, you read some of the garbage that gets spewed here, you know that.

Have a drink, have a Happy New Year and try not to let it get you down.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

This thread is pointless, and now it's closed. Happy New Year everyone!

Return to “General Comments”