Project: Parkland Airport - West of Edmonton

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

boogs82
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Project: Parkland Airport - West of Edmonton

Post by boogs82 »

I love when people throw out that they're all for something. But they won't voice the caveat "as long as it doesn't affect me." That's the part that is quite clear regardless of whether it's said or not.
---------- ADS -----------

Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

Lol here we go again, just when i thought she disappeared for a while

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ThatArmyGuy »

+1 8)

ScreaminBanshee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ScreaminBanshee »

The Cree can't eat money? Read this article if you want to read into the ethics of the Enoch: http://www.edmontonsun.com/comment/colu ... 59521.html

In a nutshell, the chiefs pay themselves in excess of 300,000 per year tax free while man y of the 2,000 residents are on social assistance.

Also Aunty (Do your nephew's and Niece's call you Aunty Aerodrome too?), your information is contradicting itself. Was that Class 1 agricultural land? Or was it a wet land? It can't be both. Wetlands do make prime agricultural land but they have to be drained which maybe was done 100 years ago I'm not sure but either way. All I know is if you are building a runway, you do NOT want to build it on spongy soil. I'm guessing that this topographical information you are using is Google and the that the spots you are seeing are low levels that collected large puddles in a melt. The way you describe the flooding of roads and other properties, it would have to be an 80 acre lake they took out. I'm sure the PADC did soil analysis with engineers instead of looking at Google Earth for their information before they invested millions.

Why aren't you worried the Acheson Industrial park taking prime land? The new subdivisions in Spruce Grove? Ellerslie road was farm land not too long ago? Where were your signs? Why didn't you protest the Villeneuve runway extension this spring? It took out 1500' of prime land. What about EIA's 10,000' third runway? That will wipe out prime land. What about the twinning of Hiway 19? the Extension of the Whitemud to Stony Plain? All this will wipe out prime land. So no, you may not be against aviation or development because clearly you didn't care about prime land there. Don't use a double standard argument because you are in fact just a NIMBY and don't want to admit it.

There was a great other option for a location for this airport. It was called City Centre Airport.

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Great response, Banshee. :smt023

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

ScreaminBanshee wrote:The Cree can't eat money? Read this article if you want to read into the ethics of the Enoch: http://www.edmontonsun.com/comment/colu ... 59521.html

In a nutshell, the chiefs pay themselves in excess of 300,000 per year tax free while man y of the 2,000 residents are on social assistance.

Also Aunty (Do your nephew's and Niece's call you Aunty Aerodrome too?), your information is contradicting itself. Was that Class 1 agricultural land? Or was it a wet land? It can't be both. Wetlands do make prime agricultural land but they have to be drained which maybe was done 100 years ago I'm not sure but either way. All I know is if you are building a runway, you do NOT want to build it on spongy soil. I'm guessing that this topographical information you are using is Google and the that the spots you are seeing are low levels that collected large puddles in a melt. The way you describe the flooding of roads and other properties, it would have to be an 80 acre lake they took out. I'm sure the PADC did soil analysis with engineers instead of looking at Google Earth for their information before they invested millions.

Why aren't you worried the Acheson Industrial park taking prime land? The new subdivisions in Spruce Grove? Ellerslie road was farm land not too long ago? Where were your signs? Why didn't you protest the Villeneuve runway extension this spring? It took out 1500' of prime land. What about EIA's 10,000' third runway? That will wipe out prime land. What about the twinning of Hiway 19? the Extension of the Whitemud to Stony Plain? All this will wipe out prime land. So no, you may not be against aviation or development because clearly you didn't care about prime land there. Don't use a double standard argument because you are in fact just a NIMBY and don't want to admit it.

There was a great other option for a location for this airport. It was called City Centre Airport.

Very well said. Start the pro-aerodrome cooperative. You have my vote

Hipster Exterminator
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hipster Exterminator »

Cessna driver wrote: McEwen's - Closed for good (the aviation side that is)
EFC will be having a new building built in the spring.
I hope their new building is as nice as the old one.

I can't tell you how gratifying it is to see this being pulled off.

How soon do you think a real FBO will be operating out there?

YXD: Never Forgive, Never Forget.
ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ThatArmyGuy »

Any time frame on EFC's hangar door being installed and the cement being poured so EFC can begin to operate again?

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

ThatArmyGuy wrote:Any time frame on EFC's hangar door being installed and the cement being poured so EFC can begin to operate again?
That are not operating out of their temporary hanger?

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re:

Post by ThatArmyGuy »

Beefitarian wrote:That are not operating out of their temporary hanger?
not yet, the proposed 2 week shutdown has become a 6 week plan with more possible pushbacks.

Aunty Aerodrome
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aunty Aerodrome »

not yet, the proposed 2 week shutdown has become a 6 week plan with more possible pushbacks.
I wouldn't think that has anything to do with the upcoming court appearances in January or Enoch's polite refusal to negotiate compensation.

Probably just the weather.

Tom H
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Tom H »

Long as you're on line Aunty...

I have had a number of people of the area in question (mostly non aviation types) tell me the AAC meetings are closed to only those who oppose the Parkland Airport.

Is that true?

Curiosity

ScreaminBanshee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ScreaminBanshee »

Aunty Aerodrome wrote:
I wouldn't think that has anything to do with the upcoming court appearances in January or Enoch's polite refusal to negotiate compensation.

Actually, from what I understand it has something to do with their maintenance certification being transferred to the new site. But thanks for fear mongering about stuff you don't know about again Aunty.

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Tom H wrote:Long as you're on line Aunty...

I have had a number of people of the area in question (mostly non aviation types) tell me the AAC meetings are closed to only those who oppose the Parkland Airport.

Is that true?

Curiosity
That's what they said on their posters.

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

ThatArmyGuy wrote:
Beefitarian wrote:That are not operating out of their temporary hanger?
I hope they get everything sorted out.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I think we should all go and crash. I could wear my "I hate planes" t-shirt and my "down with Cessna" patch, as a disguise. Everyone else could come as vegetarians.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Plane hater I can do but....

I_Drive_Planes
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by I_Drive_Planes »

Perhaps we could all fly in for the meeting.

Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

Aunty Aerodrome wrote:

Again, engage brain brain before reading biased news articles around edmonton, there was only 4-5 DECENT weather days, lots of -20 to -30 days, would you like to work in those conditions? From what IVe heard, EFC has nothing to do with Enoch.

That was a short reply, which was nice. I usually dont read more than your first paragraph. That usually tells me how much time you've spent reading corrupt information.

Aunty Aerodrome
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aunty Aerodrome »

Tom H wrote:Long as you're on line Aunty...

Is that true?

Curiosity
Tom, I assume you meant "open to only those who oppose Parkland Airport".

My understanding from the last community meeting on November 11th was that it was open only to members of the Anti-Aerodrome Cooperative because the AAC had retained legal counsel who was going to address the members as clients. Thus client solicitor privilege was a concern.

Return to “General Comments”