Project: Parkland Airport - West of Edmonton

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Aunty Aerodrome
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Project: Parkland Airport - West of Edmonton

Post by Aunty Aerodrome »

rac007 wrote:How can the AAC say they don't want their tax dollars going towards the future operation of a tower at Parkland and yet they don't have any qualms about the Enoch using other people's tax dollars to finance a court case against PADC. Bunch of hypocrites.
Indians using Canadian taxpayer dollars to try and destroy Canadian infrastructure. That's Canada for you.
Where do the AAC say that?
---------- ADS -----------

ScreaminBanshee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ScreaminBanshee »

Curtis on 10/06/2013 at 11:03am on the AAC forum:

"I cannot believe that somebody can just lie lie lie and still sleep good at night. This whole thing just reminds me off a bunch of spoiled rich kids who don't care about anybody or anything except there own interests. Yes this is against my interests but the fact is that we already closed one airport, tax payers have invested millions into two others that are very close to this aerodrome. Why should my taxes have to be used to build and support local infrastructure for a third aerodrome/airport or what ever loop hole term it is that you care to use for today."

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I think that comment was directed to tax dollars paid to upgrade access roads, water supply and whatnot.

However I object to my tax dollars being used to upgrade the access roads and water supply to *that* poster's favourite shopping mall, cinema, the ice-rink his son skates at, and the donkey sanctuary at which his daughter rides.

Who do I write to?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

ScreaminBanshee wrote:Curtis on 10/06/2013 at 11:03am on the AAC forum:

"I cannot believe that somebody can just lie lie lie and still sleep good at night. This whole thing just reminds me off a bunch of spoiled rich kids who don't care about anybody or anything except there own interests. Yes this is against my interests but the fact is that we already closed one airport, tax payers have invested millions into two others that are very close to this aerodrome. Why should my taxes have to be used to build and support local infrastructure for a third aerodrome/airport or what ever loop hole term it is that you care to use for today."

Your tax dollars have been leased to a corporation that runs the Airports and has an agenda that is not GA friendly, they charge $52.00 plus 10.25/seat to use there airport, don't care if you are based there and they closed the only affordable option that was City Center in order to get there numbers and revenue up.

They do not care about the GA side of the business that represents 80% or more of all aviation conducted in North America.
There really is no Tax dollars going in, it's just user fee's. They have the land rent jacked so high it costs 350.00/night to put your piston small plane in a hanger out there and 30.00/sq. ft. to lease for a month. Owners are paying $3000 to $25000.00 to park in a hanger for a month.

Vill is too far out and is not an option for anyone based in Leduc, Nisku South Edmonton, and Devon, etc. The Parkland option is a much needed venue and will be a great fit for the Edmonton area. When there are too many rocks in the stream, it meanders and unfortunately for you it meandered out into your area. It is a much needed and affordable alternative and will be a great asset to the area.

Last edited by Prodriver on Fri May 01, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I need a time machine"
RatherBeFlying
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RatherBeFlying »

Why should my taxes have to be used to build and support local infrastructure for a third aerodrome/airport or what ever loop hole term it is that you care to use for today
When property is developed in a municipality, the assessment and resultant municipal taxes go up -- which goes to guess what infrastructure and its maintenance :mrgreen:

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Latest installment in the Parkland saga:

Letter to the Editor in Devon Dispatch. It's second one down on this link:

http://www.devondispatch.ca/2014/05/16/ ... the-editor

Feel free to submit a Letter to the Editor back. Much of the claim in this letter has been disputed already (impact on waterfowl, crops, fire safety, runoff, etc).

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

CPL6 is in full construction mode, its kinda funny people are still trying to stop it

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ThatArmyGuy »

Looks like the parking lot is getting paved today and they're bashing on with the apron paving tomorrow.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

They do not care about the GA side of the business that represents 80% or more of all aviation conducted in North America.
That is a lot of ASM that GA is flying these days

Hipster Exterminator
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hipster Exterminator »

I still eagerly await any FBO related news out there, I strive to steer as much business away from YEG and ZVL as is within my power to do so.

I would like to believe that the markets in Edmonton and Calgary are strong enough to support a Henriksen Jet Center type facility like those in Texas.

In the meantime I'm enjoying watching the hipster retards get a lesson in realpolitik from the City of Edmonton. And the City of Edmonton get a lesson in why you do due diligence before shoveling a $100,000,000 into a hobo underpass fire.

YXD: Never Forgive, Never Forget.
Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

The main apron is paved and looks great, as well as a new fuel system is installed. We finally have a real option developing in the Edmonton area. Nice job guys!!

"I need a time machine"
skymarc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skymarc »

Any Jet A?

Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

Talk of jet a in the near future, cardlock by the sounds of it

rac007
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by rac007 »

Actual cardlock where you need a fuel card? Or just a credit card terminal?

Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

Credit card tml in the future

Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

They have a facebook page, updated weekly, "friends of parkland airport - cpl6"

Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

They have Jet fuel and the runway is well on it's way to 5300 ft.

"I need a time machine"
Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

Yep, looking good, lots of airplanes showing up now, all they need is to make a bigger ramp!

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

Looks like they are getting ready to finish the runway extension and taxi ways, looks good out there.

"I need a time machine"

Return to “General Comments”