Air Command Weather Manual pdf

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

omgwereallgoingtodie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Command Weather Manual pdf

Post by omgwereallgoingtodie »

if anyone ever wanted to PDF "From the ground up" I'd be a happy student :)
---------- ADS -----------

Ki-ll
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Ki-ll »

Thank you!

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

Does anyone have a link for the Air Command Workbook that goes with the reference text?

doorhandle27
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by doorhandle27 »

Am I the only one that never got past the first 10 pages before falling asleep?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

No you're definitely not the only one. Quite a few pages in mine have face prints and drool on them... Was our Met text book in college.

sr22hm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sr22hm »

Thanks !

Roar
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roar »

I'm no lawyer, but isn't it against copyright laws to duplicate a copy written document then distribute it online without written permission? In this case Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada, as represented by the minister of National Defense.

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
Meddler
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Meddler »

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Are you sure you aren't a lawyer? :)

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Roar

The copyright is expired. Thanks for keeping everyone honest though. ..perhaps you can apply for a constable position with the guard police.

bobm
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bobm »

Probably dating myself but I studied this manual along with "Weather Ways" and a bit from "Handling the Big Jets" (CAT) before I wrote my 4 ATR exams. No course to "give you" the answers in those days....(mid 70's) There used to be 4 exams....

Anyhow, the Wx. Command Manual helped me big time. I was lucky enough to get 98 on the MET exam.

Still trying to figure out wx. though. We need to watch the wx. on the East Coast (Canada) while we are here in the Caribbean. The swells generated make their way here so it takes planning on where we want to be days in advance.

Never looked at the weather that way B4.

Roar
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roar »

Bede wrote:Roar

The copyright is expired. Thanks for keeping everyone honest though. ..perhaps you can apply for a constable position with the guard police.
Well Bede let's analyze what I wrote:
Roar wrote:I'm no lawyer, but isn't it against copyright laws to duplicate a copy written document then distribute it online without written permission? In this case Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada, as represented by the minister of National Defense.
I qualified my comment by stating I am not a subject matter expert on law. Then I proceeded to ask a question ( that's what this ? symbol means). Nor was it a rhetorical question. I was wondering about the legality of copying and distributing copyrighted material. I thought it was against the law.
Your answer of the copyright has expired would have sufficed. Their was no need for the ignorant comment after.
Since you want to be like that, I did a quick online search of Canadian copyright law ( granted it was a Google search and I acknowledge the info could be erroneous) but it says " A work will fall into public domain 1. 50 years after publication, in nearly all cases, if it was subject to Crown Copyright".
Looking at the scanned copy you posted I couldn't help but notice the copyright page was conveniently absent, but I did see on page i Air Command Headquarters Forward there is a date of 1 October 1984.
I also see on numerous pages CFACM 2-700 and Ch 1-1987-02-18. I consulted the copy of the Air Command Weather Manual I own ( a 2004-12-17 version, copyrighted in 2004) as to the meaning of those numbers. It states my copy "supersedes B-GA-007-00/PT-DO1 Change 1 dated 1987-02-18 also known as CFACM 2-700 dated 1987-10-30". I'm left to concluded the copy you posted is a 1987 copyright. Which is 28 years not 50.
I am more than willing to listen to any intelligent comments you may have regarding this and if you can show me where my understanding of Canadian copyright law is wrong or incomplete in relation to the above issue I will happily admit my error because as I've already stated I'm no expert, but if all you have is more smart ass remarks please keep them to yourself.
Cheers,
Roar

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Roar, does it really matter? You'd think the stolen copies are coming out of your pocket. Don't give me the "I pay taxes" line either, there are significantly bigger wastes of tax dollars you can concern yourself with if that is your beef. If the publisher is not going to get with the times and produce a digital version, then private enterprise is. Welcome to the Internet.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
Roar
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roar »

The only beef I have is having an ignorant comment directed at me for asking a question.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

http://www.carl-abrc.ca/en/public-polic ... right.html

“Great news! Crown Copyright and Licensing (CCL) is pleased to announce that permission to reproduce Government of Canada works is no longer required, in part or in whole, and by any means, for personal or public non-commercial purposes, or for cost-recovery purposes (fees for recovering printing and related costs), unless otherwise specified in the material you wish to reproduce.” (http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/news ... 7-eng.html)."

Roar
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roar »

Thank you, for posting that CpnCrunch. That answers my question fully. Much appreciated.

waliduss
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by waliduss »

hello guys !
can i still use this copy of the air command weather manual for a ppl/cpl in 2017 ? thank you all.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Speaking from experience Jeppesen’s Aviation Weather by Peter F. Lester, is by far and away superior to Weather Works and Weather Ways (now known as Air Command Weather).
I found it to be a much easier way to study and learn Aviation Weather.
... your choice.

Gino

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"

Return to “General Comments”