New IFR topic posted

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

zulutime
Rank 3
Rank 3

New IFR topic posted

Post by zulutime »

I thought I just posted my first topic but can't seem to find it anywhere within the forum. Would one of the administrators be able to help?
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: New IFR topic posted

Post by ahramin »

For starters, you posted your question in the employment forum. I have moved it to the flight training forum. Secondly as it is your first post it had to be approved by a moderator before it became visible. This was clearly stated before and after you submitted it.
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
Being a bad pilot can have very bad consequences. One of the qualities necessary to become a good pilot is the ability to read and understand what you have read. I'd start working on that right now, in the form of the Canada AIM:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/p ... u-3092.htm

GARRETT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GARRETT »

Being a bad pilot can have very bad consequences. One of the qualities necessary to become a good pilot is the ability to read and understand what you have read. I'd start working on that right now, in the form of the Canada AIM:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/p ... u-3092.htm
Seriously? The new guy posts in the wrong forum and you imply he might be a bad pilot? Really? That's a bit harsh.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Ironically, that's what I'm talking about Garrett. The admonition was about not being able to read and understand what was read. The location of the post was included simply so that zulutime could find it.

frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by frozen solid »

I miss the A.I.P. The A.I.M. seems less substantial and more...well, American. On an unrelated note, how come all of the advertisements in the margins of AvCanada have suddenly changed? They used to all be about middle-aged women looking for love in all the wrong places, and now it's all model helicopter parts, and, absurdly, windshield wiper blades. What gives? I liked the cougars!

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Now there's a nice warm Avcanada welcome if I've ever seen one!

MUSKEG
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by MUSKEG »

Looks like " do as I say not as I do" treatment. How about a self imposed timeout. Unfortunately Garret this is what you can expect on here. Ridicule and belittling.

GARRETT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GARRETT »

I guess I just expected a more professional and mentoring reply from a moderator. Zulutime, please don't be turned off of asking questions on Avcanada, there are a lot of really sharp pilots on this site that can answer almost any question you have.

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

suddenly changed? They used to all be about middle-aged women looking for love in all the wrong places, and now it's all model helicopter parts, and, absurdly, windshield wiper blades. What gives? I liked the cougars!
do people actually see the ads -- I never noticed any until you mentioned it -- damn now I have to erase it all again :axe:

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
zulutime
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by zulutime »

Thx all,

Good thing I have broad shoulders!

Dear moderator, I will sincerely try to do better next time. The only perfect person I ever knew was nailed to a cross many years ago!

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

zulutime wrote:Thx all,

Good thing I have broad shoulders!

Dear moderator, I will sincerely try to do better next time. The only perfect person I ever knew was nailed to a cross many years ago!
Was he one of the guys who started the union at west wind?

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

The only perfect person I ever knew was nailed to a cross many years ago!
Was he one of the guys who started the union at west wind?

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:

Return to “General Comments”