Excellent service from TC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Excellent service from TC

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Total time from submitting paper work for my glider license on Sept 15 and getting the sticker in my mail box: 14 calendar days

Total time from doing my flight instructor renewal and getting the sticker in my mail box: 15 calendar days

I think by any measure that is a pretty good turn time.
---------- ADS -----------

Taiser
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Excellent service from TC

Post by Taiser »

Better than what I've been getting on my medical (+ 3 months now) OR my float endorsement paperwork... :( Your region office is obviously more efficient than mine!

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AWOS »

Don't even get me started. I've waited up to seven months for paperwork to be processed by Winnipeg. They don't even answer the phone anymore.

X-Savior
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by X-Savior »

You don't want them to call you back, it will be short... Rude.... And if your lucky answer your question.

eh3fifty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eh3fifty »

Regarding Winnipeg - you now have to make an appointment to just talk to them. Want to just pick up a form and walk out? - need an appointment. Want to check the status of your application? - need an appointment. It's ridiculous.

“No one can realize how substantial the air is, until he feels its supporting power beneath him. It inspires confidence at once.”

-Otto Lilienthal
Jack Klumpus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jack Klumpus »

With such a big organization, the level of service differs dramatically. 90% of my experience has dealt with the Hamilton office, and I must say, it was pleasant. I've enjoyed doing all my written and some flight exams out there.

If anyone's here from the Hamilton office, keep it up!

When I retire, I’ll miss the clowns, not the circus.
CALGARYFLYER1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CALGARYFLYER1 »

Recently called the Calgary office as I had my sticker returned with errors. They could not assist me so I was transferred to the Winnipeg office. Got their voicemail which indicated it was full. Sent e mail the same day with my phone number and was called back several days later. As I have pointed out before they are extremely efficient when requesting their fee after a Medical but no so when making general enquiries but I guess it differs with region by the sound of things.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I believe winnipeg is about 2-3 months to get anything back and a 3 day delay just to get your voicemail returned. It sounds like this isn't their fault as much as staffing cut backs catching up to them. What I don't understand is why one region can't send stuff to another region because apparently Hamilton has much less workload.

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

eh3fifty wrote:Regarding Winnipeg - you now have to make an appointment to just talk to them. Want to just pick up a form and walk out? - need an appointment. Want to check the status of your application? - need an appointment. It's ridiculous.
You must not have got the memo (seriously, there was a memo) all TC offices are now that way. They were pretty much that way before, but now its official.

Either way, right now the Winterpig office is operating at about 120 days for service right now, at least that seems to be the case with all the applications I've sent in this year.

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Yes, I received my new license booklet in just over two weeks of it going in to TC. I can certainly be happy with that service!

cyeg66
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cyeg66 »

My ATC license renewal (YEG via Winnipeg) took only about a month. We had been warned that it may take up to 3 months, and so to send it off early. Was surprised to see it in my mailbox in comparatively so little time. Maybe my handwriting was a little more legible than others. :wink:

Turn right/left heading XXX, vectors for the hell of it.
kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

I dropped my ATC renewal off at the TC office in downtown Vancouver (a 5 min walk from my place) and received the new book in the mail 2 and a half weeks later.

checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by checkremarks »

Big Pistons Forever wrote:Total time from submitting paper work for my glider license on Sept 15 and getting the sticker in my mail box: 14 calendar days

Total time from doing my flight instructor renewal and getting the sticker in my mail box: 15 calendar days

I think by any measure that is a pretty good turn time.
Makes you feel good than about paying the $55.00 feee for medical. Maybe this is a way for them to entice you paying that $55.00 for good service

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"
"Why don't you knock it off with all them negative waves"
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

I've always had good service at the Winnipeg office... Then again I last dealt with them in 2010...
The ADB renewal was pretty quick in the Pacific region last year! Maybe they're going after people who don't promptly paying the $55... Lol. JK.. :P

@BPF, where did you do your glider training?

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

2 months here in Ontario, but well within their service standard. We'll see how long it takes for my night rating to be processed, it was just sent it.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

I had my night rating sticker in about two weeks too. I wasn't in a hurry for it and didn't call them every day asking for an update though. Maybe the quiet wheel gets the fastest service...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I have had over the years the most pedantic, disgracefully pathetic service from one TC inspector in particular, but also had the most excellent service from outstanding TC inspectors who had the ability to cut through bullshit and get to the point.

Like any organization it has its good and bad.

SmokinJoe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SmokinJoe »

Make a complaint to the ombudsmen of your province. Will do more than complaining on here.

-Rockin In The Free World
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Last job I had to call for stickers for 4 different guys, all about to overdue their 90 days. First reaction was "there in the mail carry on" followed by an insistence for a temporary at TC's expense. On the whole good service in TC is the exception, not the rule.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

My experience in the last few years is the service and peoplle have improved tremedously. But , as Rockie pointed out it is a big organization beset by cutbacks at the lower levels, and the experience may differ by regions.

To those at TC doing a great job.
Please keep it up. We do appreciate it.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post

Return to “General Comments”