Westjet pax way more disruptive

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Westjet pax way more disruptive

Post by pelmet »

What gives?

"The vast majority — 60 per cent — of disruptive passengers can be found on WestJet flights."

"Despite flying nearly twice as many passengers, Air Canada — along with its Jazz and Rouge affiliates — appears only 80 times."

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1146205 ... in-canada/
---------- ADS -----------

salt water cow poke
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Westjet pax way more disruptive

Post by salt water cow poke »

Must be all the sweat/pajama pants that the typical WestJet "guest" wears!! Because who gives a shit when you dress like a slob.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

It would definitely not explain every situation however a larger portion of AC's pax are business travellers. WS is much bigger than AC in the friends and family flying to Cancun/PVR/Varadero crowd. I would assume that "typically" this is the crowd to get in trouble. Note that Sunwing have had their fair share of issues. I would assume that Rouge will probably see a higher rate (say per pax flown) than mainline. Westjet is much bigger than Sunwing/Canjet.

As for Transat, I feel people would probably be abusing alcohol more on the 4 hour flights to an all inclusive resort than 7 hours to Europe.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

There is a definite increase in the number of problem passengers on cheap southern vacations.

sh*t magnet
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sh*t magnet »

[quoteThere is a definite increase in the number of problem passengers on cheap southern vacations][/quote]

We see it at this airport all the time, the pax show up 3 or 4 hours early, check in and then head for the bar because they are on vacation...a lot of em are gassed before they go through security.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

Could be because you don't dare step out of line on Air Canada with the attitudes of some of their FA's. On a good day you sit and wonder if you will walk off with your head still attached.

HeadingAltitudeSpeed
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by HeadingAltitudeSpeed »

AC has the fix out of Edmonton. Apparently decided they needed to lock up the "popular" booze in the lounge. Bailey's, Crown Royal, and Grand Marnier all under lock and key, need to find service staff to pour you a shot when you get thirsty. The reason, too many drunks on the airplane.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

The AC lounges have become a joke. Premium plaza is the way to go. They have to pour your booze but at least the food is hot and its NOT just salad , soup and crackers.

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Let's just remember what the traveling public has become. The lowest fare, going to cheap, all you can stuff into your pie-hole destinations will always bring out our best and brightest. Money definitely doesn't by class or tact; I am more than aware of that. Spoiled rich kids with no clue are an entirely different thread.

We live in a society where the spectacle of poor behaviour is always rewarded.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

WTF... What a friggin idiot

Hope he was not walking bare feet .

Return to “General Comments”