World Financial Group

This forum is for all you story tellers to have a place to tell us your adventures like Duke Elegant once did.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TwinOtterFan
Rank 1
Rank 1

World Financial Group

Post by TwinOtterFan »

Hello all,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this WFG? I have been approached recently by someone that I have known for years and do trust, but most of the stuff I find online with them seems to be negative and such. Just figured I would check on here if anybody has any first hand experience with them?
---------- ADS -----------

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: World Financial Group

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

TwinOtterFan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm Hello all,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this WFG? I have been approached recently by someone that I have known for years and do trust, but most of the stuff I find online with them seems to be negative and such. Just figured I would check on here if anybody has any first hand experience with them?
Yes. Avoid them like the plague they are. WFG is essentially a ponzi scheme selling "financial services". There is nothing they'll try to "teach" you that you can't learn from a half decent book, or a half decent, actual financial advisor, and there is nothing they can sell you that you can't find a better alternative to elsewhere.

We were approached by a former colleague of my wife's a few months back. I looked into them, and we basically don't talk to that colleague anymore. She sees every social interaction as an opportunity to push this steaming pile of bullshit. WFG's entire business model depends on convincing financially illiterate fools that they've finally seen the light, and convincing them to then convince everyone they know. It's almost cultish. It's quite effective at abusing people's trust in longtime friends, and quite effective at destroying it, too.

Do not walk away from this. Run. Run far, far away. Shut down every conversation this person initiates about WFG, and shut it down immediately. Make it crystal clear that you are utterly uninterested.

To be fair - what they sell is legal, but they will sell you shit you don't need, and what are otherwise objectively, measurably bad products.

I would suggest, if you're looking for a financial advisor, get some recommendations from friends. Personally we work with an Edward Jones agent and we're quite happy with both him and the firm he represents. But I cannot stress this enough - stay the hell away from WFG.
---------- ADS -----------

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.

Return to “Around the Camp Fire”