If Nav Canada can't reach you via phone to give you a course offer, will they send you an offer by email?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

fanman888
Rank 1
Rank 1

If Nav Canada can't reach you via phone to give you a course offer, will they send you an offer by email?

Post by fanman888 »

I'm already placed into the candidate pool for the IFR stream in the YWG IFR. There's a course that's starting in March and I was told to expect a course offer (dependant on the pool) by phone sometime in Dec/Jan. Just wondering if it would be advisable to go on vacation for Christmas break? According to the Nav Can website, they only send an email once they have a vocal confirmation; I don't think they would give an offer by email.

Or would Nav Canada not be sending out offers during Christmas break anyways and I'm overthinking it? :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: If Nav Canada can't reach you via phone to give you a course offer, will they send you an offer by email?

Post by Braun »

fanman888 wrote:I'm already placed into the candidate pool for the IFR stream in the YWG IFR. There's a course that's starting in March and I was told to expect a course offer (dependant on the pool) by phone sometime in Dec/Jan. Just wondering if it would be advisable to go on vacation for Christmas break? According to the Nav Can website, they only send an email once they have a vocal confirmation; I don't think they would give an offer by email.

Or would Nav Canada not be sending out offers during Christmas break anyways and I'm overthinking it? :rolleyes:
Call them and let them know of your situation. Don't give up a vacation just for that.

RexKrammer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: If Nav Canada can't reach you via phone to give you a course offer, will they send you an offer by email?

Post by RexKrammer »

Take your phone with you and look out for a call from a 613 area code or voicemail.
The few dollars it will cost you if you're out of the country are worth it for the sake of getting a training offer confirmed.
Chances are you won't be called during the Christmas break, but if you are, look at the bigger picture; the cost of a call or two to get a great job is likely less than what you'd pay for a couple of beers.

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

I understand that this process can be exciting and stressful. But honestly this is the sort of thing that you should be directing to the company, not an online forum. Do what Braun said, call them and then post the answer here for the benefit of others. Good luck.

johnny_paints
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by johnny_paints »

I was in the exact same situation. I phoned them I let them know the dates I'd be away and they said that would be no problem.

navcanhopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by navcanhopeful »

My course offer came on December 24th

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

navcanhopeful wrote:My course offer came on December 24th
Well, if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!

TA/RA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TA/RA »

My course offer came to my cellphone which I answered while in a pool in Mexico. My phone never left my side and that call made the trip so much better.

fanman888
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by fanman888 »

I ended up just staying in Canada; visited my parents. Vacations can wait, potential job offer with NavCan cannot.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”