Overseas Controller Recruitment

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

LondonATCO
Rank 0
Rank 0

Overseas Controller Recruitment

Post by LondonATCO »

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a bit of help / advice please.....

I am a UK based Area Controller. However, due to being born in Canada, I have dual citizenship.

Do you know if Nav Canada accepts applications from experienced overseas Controllers? And, if so, the best way to go about applying?

Many thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Overseas Controller Recruitment

Post by kevenv »

LondonATCO wrote:Hi Guys,

I am looking for a bit of help / advice please.....

I am a UK based Area Controller. However, due to being born in Canada, I have dual citizenship.

Do you know if Nav Canada accepts applications from experienced overseas Controllers? And, if so, the best way to go about applying?

Many thanks!
Hiring is done regionally now, so I think your best bet would be to decide which ACC you would prefer and then contact the training manager there directly. In Moncton ACC, I believe that a military controller did that very thing and is now on a specialty course. Unfortunately I don't have a number handy but I'm sure if you contacted the Customer Service Center (http://www.navcanada.ca/en/Pages/contact-us.aspx) they could furnish you with an email or phone number. Be sure you specify that you want the training manager for whatever ACC you are interested in. Good luck.

LondonATCO
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LondonATCO »

Thank you!

RexKrammer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RexKrammer »

There's one controller from Heathrow tower currently training at Pearson, and a fair few ex NATS controllers throughout Canada, certainly several in the YYZ FIR. Do you know any of them? If so maybe drop them a line as there's a referral scheme running which might help get your foot through the door.

Geoff Vader
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Geoff Vader »

I am one of said English imports. Drop me PM with your details/experience and I will have a word with someone to see if there is any movement in recruiting overseas.
I know YYZ tower is short staffed on a daily basis if that's your preferred destination. Whoops just re-red your post and your area......they are short there too though.
The referral programme is supposedly friends and family but hey I might even know who you are....I doubt it though :)

LondonATCO
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LondonATCO »

Thanks again all.

Geoff Vader - I will pm you.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Geoff Vader. Best name choice ever! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Married a Canadian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Married a Canadian »

London ATCO...send me a pm.

I can say that Nav Canada no longer has an "experienced controller program". However there are other ways to apply.

icj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by icj »

Hi,

Just signed up as a new user as I can't access old account. I'm a UK based tower controller who has been trying to get into NavCanada for several years now (Canadian wife...). I'm interested in any back doors that might be able to be opened. I'm mainly interested in BC+Alberta but I think we'd consider anywhere.

As I'm too 'new' to be allowed to PM, if anyone could give me any help I'd be eternally grateful. Even just an address to fire my CV off to.

Thanks!

Geoff Vader
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Geoff Vader »

Look a few posts back, kevenv supplied a link to the customer service centre and that would be a good initial contact point. Like he said specify which area you are interested in. If no joy pm me when you can as I don't think its right for me to post names and addresses on an open forum.

Good luck in your search.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”