Feast Results

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ATC12345
Rank 0
Rank 0

Feast Results

Post by ATC12345 »

Hello everyone,

I completed the feast in September and received an email 2 weeks later stating that I’ve passed for FSS but not ATC. I just received an email saying that will now be considered for both FSS and ATC.

Does anyone know if this is common, or if anyone else had received the same email?

I’d love to get an IFR offer so I’m hoping it wasn’t sent to me by mistake.

Thanks everyone!
---------- ADS -----------

Okinawa1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Feast Results

Post by Okinawa1 »

I'm in the same boat. I received the same email last week. My FEAST was in October.
I believe sone people got their results reviewed too, based on a recent Reddit post.

FoxtrotHL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FoxtrotHL »

I recently got my results back (just under a week after FEAST to my surprise) that I was only eligible for FSS. I personally think I didn't do well enough for ATC but now you're giving me hope lol

ATC12345
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATC12345 »

Thanks for the reply Okinawa,

What FIR? I wrote my feast in YQX.

Goodluck the rest of the way! Hopefully you’ll get an interview.

Okinawa1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Okinawa1 »

Best of luck to all of us!
I hope we'll get interviews soon, but the odds are slim. We are probably stack ranked based on our FEAST scores, and only those at the top of list are invited to the next step.

Last edited by Okinawa1 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATC12345
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATC12345 »

Yes we’re definitely at or near the bottom of the list, but we will have a better chance for an interview if we qualify for both fss and atc.

Also, It wouldn’t make sense to make us eligible for ATC if none of us will get an interview for it. So hopefully they need more people for the next step. That could be why they reviewed everyone’s results.

nrgxlr8tr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nrgxlr8tr »

From what I know everyone who passed Feast gets an invitation to an interview. The issue is that it's first come first serve, and there are typically fewer interview slots than invitees. So in terms of getting an interview spot, how early you open that email is as important as how highly you scored. So download your email mobile app and turn notifications on. Now, after the interview, if you become eligible for offer, your Feast results probably matter - how much so, only the hiring team knows.

Now, if you open the link and all the spots are taken, you have a few options:

1. Keep opening the link every day. Sometimes people cancel and you can take their spot.
2. Wait until the next interview round. Usually this will be within 6 months. If they're doing an interview round for Moncton IFR, you might get one earlier in your ACC as they've been recruiting nationwide. If you really want an IFR spot and don't mind Atlantic Canada, Moncton might offer less competition. This is also why the interview spots get taken up fast, since people from the previous Feast round who didn't make it to an interview also get that email.
3. Email NAV and ask to be considered for other FIRs. You might get an earlier interview spot in another location but you'd have to travel.

ATC12345
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATC12345 »

Thanks for the reply! This is good to know. Gander is my first pick, but I would move to moncton in a heartbeat if I could get an IFR offer.

I see you mentioned that everyone who passes feast will get an email for an interview. Is this only for people who pass FSS and ATC, or also people who are only eligible for FSS? I’m asking because I believe there was interviews in Gander in November and I didn’t get an invite. Maybe I didn’t get invited because my test results were being reviewed.

Fingers crossed I’ll get an interview in the new year!

Okinawa1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Okinawa1 »

nrgxlr8tr wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:08 pm From what I know everyone who passed Feast gets an invitation to an interview. The issue is that it's first come first serve, and there are typically fewer interview slots than invitees. So in terms of getting an interview spot, how early you open that email is as important as how highly you scored. So download your email mobile app and turn notifications on. Now, after the interview, if you become eligible for offer, your Feast results probably matter - how much so, only the hiring team knows.

1. Keep opening the link every day. Sometimes people cancel and you can take their spot.
2. Wait until the next interview round. Usually this will be within 6 months. If they're doing an interview round for Moncton IFR, you might get one earlier in your ACC as they've been recruiting nationwide. If you really want an IFR spot and don't mind Atlantic Canada, Moncton might offer less competition. This is also why the interview spots get taken up fast, since people from the previous Feast round who didn't make it to an interview also get that email.
3. Email NAV and ask to be considered for other FIRs. You might get an earlier interview spot in another location but you'd have to travel.
Thank you! 😊

nrgxlr8tr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nrgxlr8tr »

ATC12345 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:31 pm Thanks for the reply! This is good to know. Gander is my first pick, but I would move to moncton in a heartbeat if I could get an IFR offer.

I see you mentioned that everyone who passes feast will get an email for an interview. Is this only for people who pass FSS and ATC, or also people who are only eligible for FSS? I’m asking because I believe there was interviews in Gander in November and I didn’t get an invite. Maybe I didn’t get invited because my test results were being reviewed.

I can only speak for a double pass, I am not sure for single stream passes. Keep in mind FSS recruits fewer than ATC. If your test results were being reviewed that may be why there was no invite. After some time I would suggest emailing Nav and ask to be considered for Moncton, if that is your intention. They are looking for candidates willing to stay there.

There have also been reports of people who originally passed for FSS only who had their scores revisited and now are eligible for ATC too. So those people should be looking out for invites as well.

ATC12345
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATC12345 »

nrgxlr8tr wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:49 pm [quote=ATC12345 post_id=<a href="tel:1291237">1291237</a> time=<a href="tel:1702845082">1702845082</a> user_id=102941]
Thanks for the reply! This is good to know. Gander is my first pick, but I would move to moncton in a heartbeat if I could get an IFR offer.

I can only speak for a double pass, I am not sure for single stream passes. Keep in mind FSS recruits fewer than ATC. If your test results were being reviewed that may be why there was no invite. After some time I would suggest emailing Nav and ask to be considered for Moncton, if that is your intention. They are looking for candidates willing to stay there.

There have also been reports of people who originally passed for FSS only who had their scores revisited and now are eligible for ATC too. So those people should be looking out for invites as well.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply!

When I said that I was having my results reviewed I didn’t mean that I didn’t receive them yet. I had only passed for fss when my results were sent to be in October. I’m one of the people who recieved an email a few weeks back saying I’m eligible for atc now aswell.

I’m hoping the reason I didn’t get invited for an interview before Christmas was because the hiring team knew I could be eligible for atc soon aswell. When I wrote the Feast in September they told my group that the next round of interviews should be taking place in late November-early December.

aspire_navigator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aspire_navigator »

Anyone appeared for Feast in December 2023 for YYZ and got their results?

aspire_navigator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aspire_navigator »

FoxtrotHL wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:45 am I recently got my results back (just under a week after FEAST to my surprise) that I was only eligible for FSS. I personally think I didn't do well enough for ATC but now you're giving me hope lol
When was your Feast scheduled?

FoxtrotHL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FoxtrotHL »

aspire_navigator wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:30 pm
FoxtrotHL wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:45 am I recently got my results back (just under a week after FEAST to my surprise) that I was only eligible for FSS. I personally think I didn't do well enough for ATC but now you're giving me hope lol
It was on the 8th of Dec

Tbiss
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tbiss »

FoxtrotHL wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:40 am
aspire_navigator wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:30 pm
It was on the 8th of Dec
Weird, I did my FEAST on the 8th as well and I am still waiting for the results.

Robotnik
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Robotnik »

I haven't recieved an email like this. Applied in April, still waiting to hopefully recieve an offer!

RoadToAtc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RoadToAtc »

I did not qualify for FSS or ATC... Do you think i have a chance to receive such kind of email ? :smt040

Robotnik
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Robotnik »

I imagine that there's a chance that you could qualify still if they were to adjust their standards. I'd still focus on building up alternative careers though while you're waiting.

lyingcyan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lyingcyan »

Nothing like this has ever been sent to me before. I submitted my application back in January and am now patiently awaiting a response.
coreball

Okinawa1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Okinawa1 »

nrgxlr8tr wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:08 pm From what I know everyone who passed Feast gets an invitation to an interview. The issue is that it's first come first serve, and there are typically fewer interview slots than invitees. So in terms of getting an interview spot, how early you open that email is as important as how highly you scored. So download your email mobile app and turn notifications on. Now, after the interview, if you become eligible for offer, your Feast results probably matter - how much so, only the hiring team knows.

Thank you for the tips. This is an update on my application. I did receive an interview invite, but my invite arrived a few days later than the invites for other candidates. I kinda screwed up my interview though so no hope for me. Good luck to everyone else :D

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”