Yul LNAV 06L

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yul LNAV 06L

Post by skyhighh »

Hi Yul atc,

Quick question for you. On the jeppesen plate it clearly says in the note that we cannot shoot an rnav lnav approach onto 06l of simultaneous approach are in progress. Since the lpv and lnav/Vnav are notamed anybody who read their plate has to deny the rnav 06L approach.
Many aircraft including Encore, Rouge, AC, etc... Told arrival this and still for the past weeks I have heard continuously atc clearing aircraft for these approaches and have them even advertised in the ATIS. My understanding is that some pilots clearly don't read their approach plates and still do the approach not knowing they can't... But ATC has been notified about this and still ask pilots to do it (even heard an arrival controler getting very frustrated with an encore guy refusing the 06L last week).

Has there been any update on this? Is it up to the pilot to deny it everytime? Is the note on the Canadian plates as well or just the jepps?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Yul LNAV 06L

Post by indieadventurer »

It's on LIDO charts as well, LNAV NA during SIMUL OPS.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

You aren’t wrong, thing is we are allowed to do 3nm between the runways on LNAV minimums. The note is because usually we can reduce to using 2nm if you are flying LPV or LNAV/VNAV. Because of the current shitty runway configuration we are trying to maximize capacity so we’d prefer to put 3nm between both runways than to switch to single runway ops.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Braun wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:29 pm You aren’t wrong, thing is we are allowed to do 3nm between the runways on LNAV minimums. The note is because usually we can reduce to using 2nm if you are flying LPV or LNAV/VNAV. Because of the current shitty runway configuration we are trying to maximize capacity so we’d prefer to put 3nm between both runways than to switch to single runway ops.
Forgot to mention that the note was added to the approach plates to avoid us applying 2nm separation instead of 3nm if an aircraft flew the LNAV without telling us. Since we know you are for flying the LNAV we will apply regular 3nm spacing in this situation.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Braun answered my question, just as I submitted my post....

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate. Any chance we could relay this info to the airlines so that we as pilots get a document allowing us to shoot the lnav 06L and therefor avoid confusions and backlog? Cause unless we get that, the only info we get us to not do the approach. (We have no idea that you are using 3nm or 2nm separation and/or atc spacing limitations).

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

skyhighh wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 pm Thanks for the reply, I appreciate. Any chance we could relay this info to the airlines so that we as pilots get a document allowing us to shoot the lnav 06L and therefor avoid confusions and backlog? Cause unless we get that, the only info we get us to not do the approach. (We have no idea that you are using 3nm or 2nm separation and/or atc spacing limitations).
Just throw some white out on the iPad screen over that part of the plate and call it good.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

skyhighh wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 pm Thanks for the reply, I appreciate. Any chance we could relay this info to the airlines so that we as pilots get a document allowing us to shoot the lnav 06L and therefor avoid confusions and backlog? Cause unless we get that, the only info we get us to not do the approach. (We have no idea that you are using 3nm or 2nm separation and/or atc spacing limitations).
I’ll check to see at work tomorrow what has/will be done. I can’t guarantee anything as this stupid configuration is already confusing enough. Standby!

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 pm Just throw some white out on the iPad screen over that part of the plate and call it good.
:lol: that would be so much easier!

Thanks Braun!

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

I’m told the companies have been contacted for further explanation and that they are looking into changing the wording on future approach plates.

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

Thank you very much for this. Hopefully they will come up with a comm soon so we can be all on the same page while these constructions last. Like the airport itself wasn't enough of a nightmare for you already... :(

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Yeah, it’s a pretty crap set up, will get worse if it snows. Unfortunately we are going to be in these weird configurations for a couple years I think. So far everyone has been really cooperative with the runways and respecting runway assignments etc..there will always be little bugs and kinks to work out! Despite what some may think, at least here in YUL, we really do our best to operate maximum capacity with what we have to work with!

FishSticks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FishSticks »

Disregard

Return to “ATS Question Forum”