The Dash 8 100/300 Training Captain will be responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the aircraft while providing customer service and giving on-time performance due consideration. The Dash 8 100/300 Training Captain maintains primary responsibility for the flight, supervises crew and conducts Line Indoctrination. The Dash 8 100/300 Training Captain reports directly to the 705 Chief Pilot.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of company aircraft as Pilot in Command;
• Perform Line Indoctrination and Line Check programs;
• Participate in training programs including Pilot Proficiency Check (PPC), Instrument Flight Rating, Crew Resource Management, etc.;
• Conduct pre-flight checks including pre-flight inspection of aircraft;
• Ensure all the engines, systems and on-board safety and navigation equipment are in working order;
• Conduct in-flight tests and monitor functioning of aircraft equipment and systems during flights, maintain communications with flight
dispatchers and Air Traffic Controllers;
• Assist with coordination of customer service requirements, maintenance events, and flight planning;
• Prepare flight evaluation reports;
• Adhere to CARs and Pivot Airlines Policies and Procedures;
• Any other responsibilities and duties assigned by the 705 Chief Pilot.
• Total time: 3500 hours; 1500 MPIC (500 PIC on Type);
• Current Dash 8 100 or 300 Type Rating;
• Past or current experience conducting Line Indoctrination or training on the Dash 8 100 or 300;
• Valid Canadian Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and TC Category I Medical Certificate;
• Ability to obtain and maintain Transport Canada Security Clearance;
• Legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Ability to operate aircraft domestically, trans-border and internationally without restriction;
• Fluency in English language;
• High school diploma required, post secondary education preferred;
• Effective communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills;
• Flexible and willing to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends;
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
ABOUT PIVOT AIRLINES
We are a regional and charter airline based in Toronto, Canada, dedicated to providing the best possible air travel experience for our passengers.
HOW TO APPLY
Resumes can be submitted to HR@flypivot.com by April 14, 2021. Please note Dash 8 100/200 Training Captain in the subject line.
Pivot Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status and disability.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Pivot Airlines.