KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. At our facility in Southport, Manitoba, we support the Royal Canadian Airforce (RCAF) by providing state-of-the-art Pilot training.
Are you waiting for just the right opportunity to get your career as an AME off the ground? Looking for a place that provides a progression through the TC (Transport Canada) Aircraft Maintenance Program while working with a team of AME professionals? That opportunity is right here with KF Aerospace Defence Programs!
As an AME Apprentice, you will have these responsibilities:
Project Maintenance: The AME – M Apprentice works under a Crew Chief’s supervision to carry out maintenance including unscheduled inspections, troubleshooting, servicing/repairing of aircraft and aeronautical products in accordance with the appropriate performance rules. The AME - M Apprentice will:
o Acquire knowledge of various systems – air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel, and pneumatics – on multiple aircraft.
o Report to the Crew Chief any unserviceable condition discovered
Demonstrated Technical Skills: The AME – M Apprentice will be able to demonstrate his/her ability to perform the following technical functions:
o Identify, obtain, use, and test appropriate tools for assigned tasks
o Complete daily inspections
o Perform component changes
o Install flight controls
o Be familiar with and capable of the safe operation of ground equipment
Safety: The AME – M Apprentice will apply the following safe work practices in all job duties:
o Wear all appropriate personal protective equipment
o Understand and apply the company’s Risk Management System
Documentation: The AME – M Apprentice is expected to become familiar with the general Aerospace paperwork and parts ordering which involves ensuring appropriate documentation is complete and submitted to an endorsed AME or Crew Chief for ACA approval.
• Graduate from or currently enrolled in a TC accredited approved “Aircraft Maintenance Program”
• Basic understanding of aircraft systems – air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel and pneumatics
• Valid Manitoba’s Driver’s License
• Valid Canadian passport or ability to obtain one
• Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
• Ability to work within structured repair guidelines
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Work well within a team
• Interpersonal and customer service skills
• Basic computer and math skill
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work 40 hours a week in rotating shift work environment, days and evenings with occasional weekends.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Works and Government Services enhanced Reliability Clearance.
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As an AME Apprentice with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. We offer a competitive wage, with bi-annual performance and wage reviews.
• Medical and Dental Coverage
• Health Spending Account
• Disability, Critical Illness, and Life Insurance
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employee Pension
• Personal Time Off and much more
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the AME –M Apprentice at kfaero.ca today!