JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
COMPANY: Coulson Aircrane Ltd.
REPORTS TO: General Manager – Aviation
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Aircraft fire fighting and developing new industrial technologies are much more than pieces of metal and components; we at Coulson are determined to make a difference saving lives and homes. In addition, we strive to improve the environment we share globally.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavours, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Due to our rapid business growth, we are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring that the flow of product from all external sources is received on time and complies with quality requirements at the best possible operating margins. The Supply Chain Manager is also responsible for developing and executing strategic and low cost sourcing initiatives, negotiating long-term contracts, and establishing procurement policies and guidelines and ensuring they are effectively implemented and executed throughout the Company. The supplier selection is a shared responsibility with the Quality Management Representative.
This position is based in Port Aberni BC.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise assigned personnel as directed.
• Provide Stores task training as necessary for assigned stores personnel.
• Ensure all Stores-related activities are performed in accordance with the requirements of the QA manual.
• Ensure all Stores activities are carried out in a timely fashion.
• Ensure technical information is up to date.
• Ensure orders and shipments are initiated when required.
• Evaluate new vendors and maintain the companies approved vendors list.
• Advise the Manufacturing Manager of any abnormal order requests.
• Advise the Manufacturing Manager of materials, and parts received unserviceable due to abnormal circumstances.
• Arrange for aeronautical product production by contracted organizations in accordance with the requirements of the QA manual and keep the Manufacturing Manager advised of the production activities being arranged and particulars thereof.
• Ensure certification records and related traceability information systems meet the requirements of the QA manual and are maintained.
• Ensure that inventory counts are done on a scheduled basis and that stock discrepancies are resolved.
• Ensure sufficient inventories are available to support forecasted production activities.
• Maintain a Quarantine Stores.
• Develop Stores systems once authorized by the Manufacturing Manager.
• Secure Stores areas are secured and control access.
• Maintain proper level of General Safety.
• Report any occurrences which may be required to be reported as an SDR.
• At least three years in progressively more responsible managerial roles in a Procurement role in a Manufacturing environment.
• Work well under pressure, with multiple priorities and short deadlines.
• Organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks.
• At least years’ experience leading a team in shipping, receiving, purchasing, procurement.
• Team player.
• Aviation experience desirable.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “2019-026 – Supply Chain Manager” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, pension, and the possibility for bonuses. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and others. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. There is a movie theatre that is currently undergoing renovations, and many shops owned and operated by local residents. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. Or, if you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley, offering mountain biking, skiing, caving, and other outdoor activities. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.