Employment Type: Seasonal, Full-time (Approx. March - October)
Location: Sudbury, Ontario and Dryden, ON
Reports To: Dryden Base Manager
About MAG Aerospace Canada (Formerly Discovery Air Fire Services):
MAG has been active in the Canadian aviation industry since it was founded in 1950 and is a premier supplier of special-mission aircraft. Our company focuses on niche markets within Wildfire Management, Air Charter, Training, and Airborne Imagery. MAG Aerospace is a global leader in manned and unmanned airborne imagery and surveillance operating in 20 countries across 5 continents.
What is the opportunity:
The Logistics Coordinator will liaise with various employees and MAG clients to keep flight crews informed about scheduling and flight plans.
What will you do:
You will have the opportunity to work in 1 of 2 bases in Northern Ontario and will:
• Facilitate daily operations through the Executive Officer, particularly relating to Wildfire Management
• Be the key point of contact between MAG’s employees and clients
• Provide daily instruction to Aerial Fire Detection and Airspace Management (Birddog) crew
• Assemble and distribute reports to staff and clients regarding daily operations
• Relay all issues, concerns and inquiries to the Executive Officer
• Provide Flight Following for all MAG aircraft when required during operational period
• Facilitate travel and accommodation arrangements for staff when deployed from home base
What do you need to succeed?
Each candidate will be evaluated on their individual merit. However, it is a definite asset to possess the following qualifications:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and solve problems
• Ability to resolve conflicts in a calm, diplomatic manner
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours and weekends on a flexible schedule
While not required, these are nice-to-have qualifications:
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Background in Aviation Operations or Forest Fire Management
• Valid Restricted Radio Operations Certificate with Aeronautical Qualifications (ROC-A)
What’s in it for you?
Learn about the aviation industry if you’re considering a career in flight operations or as a pilot.
You’ll also get:
• On-the-job training including orientation sessions during your first few weeks on the job.
• Hands-on experience working alongside aviation leaders and experts
• Accommodation may be provided
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
MAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
This position requires access to sensitive Law Enforcement information.