Kenn Borek Air Ltd. - Calgary, AB
The Kenn Borek Air (KBA) Maintenance team is currently seeking an individual to join the Engine department in the role of Engine Technician. This full time position is based in Calgary, AB working Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Opportunity for overtime through project based weekend hours.
Engine Technicians can complete tasks related to the Assembly, Disassembly, Inspection and Balancing of a gas turbine engine in accordance with the manufacturer specifications and company procedures. Preference will be given to individuals who have related work experience on the PT6A engine line.
Duties and Responsibilities include such areas as:
• Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulation
• Complete all documents related to the work being performed
• Receive incoming gas turbine engines
• Disassemble engines as required; Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies
• Visually inspect (and detail inspect for temporary periods) engine parts
• Perform borescope inspections on engines
• Balance rotating components
• Hot Section Repairs
• Flow test of individual fuel nozzle components and assemblies
• Prepare engine for dispatch
Qualifications include such areas as:
• Completion of grade 12 or equivalent with some mechanical aptitude preference will be given to individuals with education in the aerospace industry(Aircraft Gas Turbine Technician course preferred)
• PT6A shop and related turbine engine experience
• Familiarity and good working knowledge of computers
• Basic hand tools required
• Training will be made available for applicants who may not meet all qualifications
• Must be able to obtain Transport Canada Airport Restricted Area Pass
Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screening required. Competitive wage, excellent benefits and a company funded flexible spending account and a RRSP matching program.
If you are interested in joining our organization please submit your resume, with references, for consideration. If you are among the most suitable for the position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.
You can submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website at borekair.com.