• In conjunction with senior management, establish annual health and safety goals and targets with the goal of continual improvement.
• Regular review of applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations, and the translation of those laws and regulations into health, safety and environmental standards and procedures to maintain continual compliance.
• Managing the online Safety Reporting System starting with promoting incident reporting through to investigating, determining root cause and implementing corrective action.
• Organize, document and track all required HSE training.
• Maintaining appropriate records to enable the reporting of required health and safety statistics against KPI’s on a quarterly and annual basis
• Onboarding of new workers in partnership with the HR department.
• Proactively seek and distribute safety and health information to promote awareness to company workers.
• Chair the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee meetings.
• Create and implement emergency response plans both domestically and abroad.
• Develop and maintain the company accident response plans.
• Communicate and work directly with customer Safety Advisors to satisfy their individual and specific HSE requirements, including but not limited to;
o Incident reporting and investigating
o Statistical Information
o Creating new policy and following through with developing and publishing procedures.
o Organizing and tracking any customer required training for employees and sub-contractors
o Drug and Alcohol testing.
o Conducting Risk Assessments
• Organizes and administers Internal audits for all company facilities
• Maintain a variety of external audit programs as required by customer or agency HSE compliance requirements. E.g., ISNetworld, BARS (Basic Aviation Risk Standard), Contrail, etc.
• Coordinate and participate in all external inspections and audits related to health and safety of the company.
• Maintain close liaison with Transport Canada – Civil Aviation’s System Safety Directorate and the Transportation Safety Board of Canada.
• Serve as company Transportation of Dangerous Goods Coordinator