B1-B Lancer

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related videos and photos.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

B1-B Lancer

Post by rookiepilot »

---------- ADS -----------

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: B1-B Lancer

Post by Squaretail »

The B-1 is a neat ship. I have been lucky enough to see them at close range twice. In flight. Once I think it was Abilene, there was one doing circuits underneath me as we passed by. Makes a lot of glorious smoke on take off. The second was when one was landing on the other parallel runway in Wichita. I really wish I had a camera then since he was outlined nicely by the sunset. Neat video, neat plane.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by all_ramped_up »

Squaretail wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:45 pm The B-1 is a neat ship. I have been lucky enough to see them at close range twice. In flight. Once I think it was Abilene, there was one doing circuits underneath me as we passed by. Makes a lot of glorious smoke on take off. The second was when one was landing on the other parallel runway in Wichita. I really wish I had a camera then since he was outlined nicely by the sunset. Neat video, neat plane.
I saw them when I was working in Abilene too!

The B-1 is pretty danged cool for sure.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Night TO at Oshkosh.......pretty wild full screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kci3xCPkRMg

Fuel burn.... :shock:

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Back in the good old days, I remember the B1-B at the Shearwater Air Show. The Americans used to bring a ton of hardware there, and they flew several machines too. I will never forget the B1-B entering stage left from behind the hill (spectators sat on a great hill for viewing), wings swept back at high speed banked over pretty hard. The noise and the view was unreal.

Still my favourite air display of a "big" airplane to date.

Return to “Aviation Videos & Photos”