Inspirational speech+ SR71=Doesn't get much better than this

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related videos and photos.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

righthandman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Inspirational speech+ SR71=Doesn't get much better than this

Post by righthandman »

There are moments in life where you have to just pinch yourself to believe you are actually doing what you are doing. (As a pilot reading this I am sure you must have had these moments.) Well this gentleman it seems made a career out of such moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Gyd6E ... e=youtu.be
---------- ADS -----------

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Inspirational speech+ SR71=Doesn't get much better than

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Intended to only watch the first minute or so, ended up watching the whole hour and being massively late for an appointment. Excellent find!

righthandman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by righthandman »

PositiveRate27 wrote:Intended to only watch the first minute or so, ended up watching the whole hour and being massively late for an appointment. Excellent find!
Thanks for the feedback; for a while there I thought I might have misjudged the quality of the talk and hence the appropriateness of posting it. I saw it a while ago and watched it again recently because I personally thought it was that good.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Inspirational for sure.
I bumped into that though while, looking about him.
"...the listing of Brian Shul in the section of the article which dealt with "Famous Fliers" has generated a landslide of negative comments from former crew members. As the designated "Godfather" of the program, much of that mail came to me. I appreciate and respect the medical challenges the Brian overcame to return to flying status after his crash in SEA, but the Blackbird program presented new and totally different challenges. He remains the only SR-71 pilot removed for "cause" in the history of the program. His squadron commander and wing commander had a long and appropriate list of negative activities to justify that action. He haply qualifies as a "famous flier" by Blackbird standards. He is not a member of the Blackbird Association.
"I would have put Lt. Gen. Bill Campbell on the famous flier list. He was by far the best and smartest pilot in the program and his flying career outshone all of us."
Maj. Gen. Patrick J. Halloran, USAF [Ret.]
Removed for cause equal more or less being fired.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

The info I've been able to dig up cites his photography and an incident where he lit up the afterburners at night while in the pattern returning to Beal as the main reasons for his dismissal from the program. Hardly constitutes a villain imho, it just seems he was on the CO's sh!tlist

Ps, they stopped Hoover from flying too ;)

Return to “Aviation Videos & Photos”