New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: New hire bids

Post by Black_Tusk »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Black_Tusk on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:43 pm Funny to think anyone with any time or experience in aviation thought they were getting something for free and/or a guarantee. I've been flying for 15 years and not once has anything been "given to me". The con/disappointment each of you are feeling is the fact you "believed" you were for sure getting something like Air Canada. Sure PML 1.0 was a decent deal, but common, even that people were PFO. I remember my initial day of hire at Jazz we asked about "FPML or PML 2.0" and we were told by Steve that they were working on one, but nothing was set in stone. Air Canada had to decide what to do. Yes of course the carrot was made to entice cheap labour to keep Jazz competitive against GGN and Sky. You didn't have to accept the job with Jazz if you didn't like the conditions, but we all did. Never once was anything in written given to me saying you're going to AC if you come to Jazz. Yes we all heard through the grape vine and the companies advertised a "flow through" but did they every tell you what exactly the conditions were?

We all (B Scale) made the choice to come here with the "hope" of a PML flow through but I sure wasn't handed anything saying it was a guarantee on my day of hire in March 2016.

Stop whining about what you're deserved in life, we aren't deserving of anything we don't work for. No one has a crystal ball on which decision are best. Please try and enjoy your time at Jazz cause otherwise you and the people around you are going to suffer and make this place worse off. If you hate it here, stop complaining and just leave to Sunwing or Transat. I don't want you at a company working next to me if you can't be at least pleasant about what you have or where you work. Life isn't easy, grow up.
Well said and I %100 agree.

The PML2.0 Facebook group has a good example of a bunch of whiners who feel like they are entitled to a job at AC, most of which are 500 hour instructors who have been at the company for 6 months.

Jack_02
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jack_02 »

Hello, I have a couple questions about the new hire bids.

What equipment is generally most popular, and chosen by the guys with the 1st pick? CRJ, Q400, or Dash?

If you're the last person to chose and all that is left is the CRJ, but you don't want to fly on the CRJ is there any way of getting out of it?

Thanks!

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

You put the order right IMO.... RJ, Q and then Classic Dash.
The only reason why I would see someone not want to fly the RJ is they want to be YYZ based and there is no RJ in YYZ....
In this case, the only way to get out of it is to wait 2 years and bid a machine that is at the YYZ base. (normal freeze is 4 years, but freeze is waived for upgrade or down graded to two years to get a base)

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Jack_02 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 am Hello, I have a couple questions about the new hire bids.

What equipment is generally most popular, and chosen by the guys with the 1st pick? CRJ, Q400, or Dash?

If you're the last person to chose and all that is left is the CRJ, but you don't want to fly on the CRJ is there any way of getting out of it?

Thanks!
If youre last to pick, and the RJ is still available I will eat my sock.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Black_Tusk wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm
Jack_02 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 am Hello, I have a couple questions about the new hire bids.

Thanks!
If youre last to pick, and the RJ is still available I will eat my sock.
LMAO I'd love to see that lol

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

The least popular airplane is the Dash 8 Classic, for obvious reasons! If you want YYZ base, then it would be the RJ. The least popular base, YUL.

Das ist mir wurst...
CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

anybody knows the equipments bids in initial GS this month? still 2 class a month ?

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Only god knows the bid for the upcoming months:P But seriously, impossible to tell.
I believe we are still at a GS every 2-3 weeks yes.

If you want my best guess at it, expect a lot of YVR and YUL all equipment.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Last bids were 2 RJ, 6 Q400, 4 Classic, all YUL.

JetSetter87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JetSetter87 »

mixturerich wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 am Last bids were 2 RJ, 6 Q400, 4 Classic, all YUL.
Hello,

can you please explain what do you mean by that. By new bids do you mean these are the positions open for the GS that is ongoing or for the next one to happen.

Cheers!

Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bajan Pilot »

Those were the positions that were available for that initial g/s course.

JetSetter87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JetSetter87 »

Bajan Pilot wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:24 am Those were the positions that were available for that initial g/s course.
Awesome! Thanks for the clarification.

Mach .28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mach .28 »

What’s the wait time now to hold a YYC position? Both f/o and capt if available.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The DH8 in YYC for FO is around 2-6mths depending on the movement. Captain I believe the most junior DH8 YYC is around 12-15mths.

MortyBubba
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MortyBubba »

March 12 GS

4 YVR RJ
4 YVR Q400
4 YYZ Classic

In case anyone was wondering.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Hi there, few quick questions. Got my GS coming up and I have been thinking about this a bit.

If my end goal is YYZ, how long would it take to go from YUL or YVR? My plan if possible would be to get on the Q400 at another base and go to YYZ if not offered in YYZ.

Does it really matter what AC your on, D8 vs Q4? (excluding RJ because YYZ) In the end you don't really have as much of a choice regardless, Id still like different thoughts.

Thanks!

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

flyingcanuck wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:32 am Hi there, few quick questions. Got my GS coming up and I have been thinking about this a bit.

If my end goal is YYZ, how long would it take to go from YUL or YVR? My plan if possible would be to get on the Q400 at another base and go to YYZ if not offered in YYZ.

Does it really matter what AC your on, D8 vs Q4? (excluding RJ because YYZ) In the end you don't really have as much of a choice regardless, Id still like different thoughts.

Thanks!
To some it matters, others not so much. My only advice is know exactly what you're getting into, so you don't have any regrets down the road. Be honest with yourself.

Das ist mir wurst...
Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bajan Pilot »

"My plan if possible would be to get on the Q400 at another base and go to YYZ if not offered in YYZ"

You would have to be awarded the Q4 in the 1st. place, otherwise you are frozen on type for 3 years [or at least that is how it used to be]. Always pick your best base 1st. the equip can come later.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Bajan Pilot wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 pm "My plan if possible would be to get on the Q400 at another base and go to YYZ if not offered in YYZ"

You would have to be awarded the Q4 in the 1st. place, otherwise you are frozen on type for 3 years [or at least that is how it used to be]. Always pick your best base 1st. the equip can come later.
I disagree 100%. Pick the plane you want, because the base will come way quicker than the plane. (Except YYZ RJ)...

Das ist mir wurst...

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”