Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
flyingcanuck
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by flyingcanuck » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Maverick117 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 am
Got the call this week. I start on September 23!

Waited in the pool for about 3 days.
Congrats!
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
kingskate8
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 11:47 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by kingskate8 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Maverick117 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 am
Got the call this week. I start on September 23!

Waited in the pool for about 3 days.
Congrats man! i just got in the pool last monday! hopefully groundschool soon like you!
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by stayls » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have been in the pool almost 9 months right now. last email

I had received an email 2 months ago for confirmation of being in the pool. but nothing since then. I have sent email already a month ago and didnt get a response.

would they bother to call or email me if I get PFO'd ??
---------- ADS -----------
  

flyer 1492
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by flyer 1492 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Backfill is complete.

63 Captain upgrades.

Congratulations to all the NEW captains.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Babar350
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by Babar350 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 am

stayls wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm
Hey Everyone,

I have been in the pool almost 9 months right now. last email

I had received an email 2 months ago for confirmation of being in the pool. but nothing since then. I have sent email already a month ago and didnt get a response.

would they bother to call or email me if I get PFO'd ??
Just got PFO'd after 10 months in the pool...
---------- ADS -----------
  

igorcanuck
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by igorcanuck » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 am

Babar350 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 am
stayls wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm
Hey Everyone,

I have been in the pool almost 9 months right now. last email

I had received an email 2 months ago for confirmation of being in the pool. but nothing since then. I have sent email already a month ago and didnt get a response.

would they bother to call or email me if I get PFO'd ??
Just got PFO'd after 10 months in the pool...
Do you mind sharing your experience?
---------- ADS -----------
  

JamesBond007
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by JamesBond007 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Interviewed late August, sim eval done week of Sept 18th, got an email the next day asking to move ahead with reference check, criminal background check and piss test. We'll see how it goes!

Good luck to all.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by stayls » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:12 pm

igorcanuck wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 am
Babar350 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 am
stayls wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm
Hey Everyone,

I have been in the pool almost 9 months right now. last email

I had received an email 2 months ago for confirmation of being in the pool. but nothing since then. I have sent email already a month ago and didnt get a response.

would they bother to call or email me if I get PFO'd ??
Just got PFO'd after 10 months in the pool...
Do you mind sharing your experience?
1700 TT 400 Multi PIC with ATPLs

Edit: PfoD with Babar350 same day.
They asked me to do application again.

Edit: correction
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by stayls on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the-minister31
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by the-minister31 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:50 am

I don't see it as a PFO... I think your application expires and they need to put you through again. I heard the longest they can put you in the pool for is 12 months then you have to redo the application if you want to keep swimming...
---------- ADS -----------
  

rudder
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by rudder » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am

the-minister31 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:50 am
I don't see it as a PFO... I think your application expires and they need to put you through again. I heard the longest they can put you in the pool for is 12 months then you have to redo the application if you want to keep swimming...
Correct. Too bad the email doesn’t simply say ‘application expired - please reapply’.
---------- ADS -----------
  

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by av8ts » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am

flyer 1492 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:42 pm
Backfill is complete.

63 Captain upgrades.

Congratulations to all the NEW captains.
Not all upgrades. Some are already Captains moving to another position
---------- ADS -----------
  

RILEY
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by RILEY » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:43 am

Anyone know what was offered in the most recent ground school this week?
---------- ADS -----------
  

flyer 1492
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by flyer 1492 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:22 pm

All 6 positions were YVR Q4.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by KenoraPilot » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:57 am

Upcoming Jazz GS's:

3 in Oct (Classes filled)
2 in Nov
1 planned in Dec

(GS's are a mix of OTS and GGN)
---------- ADS -----------
  

windows94
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by windows94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:39 am

You wouldn't happen to know roughly what time of the month the ground schools are in November?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Babar350
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by Babar350 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:42 am

windows94 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:39 am
You wouldn't happen to know roughly what time of the month the ground schools are in November?
Every 2 weeks and you’ll be noticed by hr, about 5-6 weeks before, or not...
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by KenoraPilot » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 pm

windows94 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:39 am
You wouldn't happen to know roughly what time of the month the ground schools are in November?
Basically every two weeks is my guess
---------- ADS -----------
  

LicensedToThrill
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by LicensedToThrill » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:17 pm

HR reached out to two of my references on Friday. My A
application updated to reflect ATPL.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”