Omicron layoffs?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Omicron layoffs?

Post by McKinley »

Is there talk of layoffs again with the new variant/ travel restrictions ?
---------- ADS -----------

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Omicron layoffs?

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Omniunicorn was a bluff. No impact. These restrictions were coming anyways, this unicorn variant was just an excuse to implement restrictions because no one would accept going backwards without a good scare. Unfortunately people continue to fall for the crying wolf government. Notice how more restrictions are implemented, and now we have all this information saying this new variant is not a big deal at all, yet they are still moving forward with travel restrictions. Hmm. On second thought maybe they will do some more layoffs. That will feel good, getting your vaccine, and rather than work getting back to normal your employer says sorry chum, two shots ain’t enough, we have to let you go! :lol:

Tell me why the people accept new travel restrictions when vaccines are mandatory for all airport employees and travellers. It’s like telling people to wear a helmet when they walk.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:19 pm Omniunicorn was a bluff. No impact. These restrictions were coming anyways, this unicorn variant was just an excuse to implement restrictions because no one would accept going backwards without a good scare. Unfortunately people continue to fall for the crying wolf government. Notice how more restrictions are implemented, and now we have all this information saying this new variant is not a big deal at all, yet they are still moving forward with travel restrictions. Hmm. On second thought maybe they will do some more layoffs. That will feel good, getting your vaccine, and rather than work getting back to normal your employer says sorry chum, two shots ain’t enough, we have to let you go! :lol:

Tell me why the people accept new travel restrictions when vaccines are mandatory for all airport employees and travellers. It’s like telling people to wear a helmet when they walk.

I’m of a very similar mindset..

Yup. Medical professionals aka “ science” / scientists from South Africa have said “ she couldn’t understand the hysterics” around this new variant. “ science says” this variant is actually far less lethal.

This variant should be called the manufacturing consent for the great reset variant.

Regardless, our industry is/ will impacted by the hysteria..
Which is my concern…

I’ve had enough of the virtue signaling about “saving lives.” The toll from this pandemic from the restrictions and hysteria is being left out of the media coverage for a reason.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Dont worry guys... Moderna is on it! Boosters on the way. Just two more months. :lol: :lol: :lol:

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 pm Dont worry guys... Moderna is on it! Boosters on the way. Just two more months. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw that… utterly disgusting.

I don’t know how people are going along with this and not rioting.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

McKinley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 pm
RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 pm Dont worry guys... Moderna is on it! Boosters on the way. Just two more months. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be one of those rioter if my mom or anyone else in my family (All vaccinated without any baby fuses) Needs to go in ICU and there is no spot because most of them are taken by freaking anti-vax morons stuck with Covid who are suddenly discovering Sciences and its merits.

Take vaccination as an insurance, you don't need one until you do.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

TG wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:10 am
McKinley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 pm

I'll be one of those rioter if my mom or anyone else in my family (All vaccinated without any baby fuses) Needs to go in ICU and there is no spot because most of them are taken by freaking anti-vax morons stuck with Covid who are suddenly discovering Sciences and its merits.

Take vaccination as an insurance, you don't need one until you do.

People with the Vaccine can still contract and spread COVID.

There’s been studies showing natural immunity offers more comprehensive protection against variants.

I agree that modern medicine is incredible in many ways. With that said, “ the science” also has limitations. Additionally, many of these pharmaceutical companies are corrupt along with our government and have a history of criminal behavior. It’s important for me to think critically about “ the science.” Science is neither “all good” nor all “bad.” I want to look at / hold both.

Eg: “Science” says COVID does not impact children in a significant way. So why are we going to start immunizing kids when many poor counties haven’t been vaccinated ? Selfish much? Why are we going to boosters ? Why do we need them when the efficacy of the vaccine is 90%?

Who benefits from the “ science” related to COVID? What has been the fallout from COVID restrictions? How many more issues are we creating by trying to “ keep people safe”? Are we truly “safe? “ what is “ safety”? Why has there been the greatest wealth transfer in human history during COVID? Who benefits from this ?

Why has a global political agenda being pushed by the elite being accelerated during the pandemic ? Why do the restrictions and political agendas follow this plan?

Can we go back on topic ? Has there been discussion of layoffs and or significant flight cancellations/ booking cancellations in light of new travel restrictions related to omicron ?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

McKinley wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:58 am People with the Vaccine can still contract and spread COVID.
They can. But they're much less likely to.
There’s been studies showing natural immunity offers more comprehensive protection against variants.
Er, no, the other way, actually.
I agree that modern medicine is incredible in many ways. With that said, “ the science” also has limitations. Additionally, many of these pharmaceutical companies are corrupt along with our government and have a history of criminal behavior. It’s important for me to think critically about “ the science.” Science is neither “all good” nor all “bad.” I want to look at / hold both.

Eg: “Science” says COVID does not impact children in a significant way. So why are we going to start immunizing kids when many poor counties haven’t been vaccinated ? Selfish much? Why are we going to boosters ? Why do we need them when the efficacy of the vaccine is 90%?
Because 90% efficacy with only a 70% vaccination rate isn't enough. It might have been, if everyone was vaccinated.
Who benefits from the “ science” related to COVID? What has been the fallout from COVID restrictions?
Whatever the fallout, it's been more significant that it needed to have been, because a lot of people don't want to get vaccinated.
Why has a global political agenda being pushed by the elite...
And that's where you go off the rails into la-la-land.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

What is the vaccine 90 percent effective at exactly? What does that even mean?

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

photofly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:46 am
McKinley wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:58 am People with the Vaccine can still contract and spread COVID.

Because 90% efficacy with only a 70% vaccination rate isn't enough. It might have been, if everyone was vaccinated.
Who benefits from the “ science” related to COVID? What has been the fallout from COVID restrictions?
Whatever the fallout, it's been more significant that it needed to have been, because a lot of people don't want to get vaccinated.
Respectfully you have lost all credibility claiming natural infection is not more robust than a Vaccine that only targets ONE spike protein. Shows me you have severe bias and believe whatever you read that conforms to what you want to be true. Tells me you have no basic understanding of biology or don't care to. Tells me you that even though you have a lack of basic understanding of these important issues you come peddle your opinion online and belittle people with your ignorance.

The other posters whole "political agenda" is out to lunch as well. Its just incompetence. And in Canada's case many decisions are based on polls and for political gain by the Liberal Party. Not actually based on science.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

RRJetPilot wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 am

Respectfully you have lost all credibility claiming natural infection is not more robust than a Vaccine that only targets ONE spike protein. Shows me you have severe bias and believe whatever you read that conforms to what you want to be true. Tells me you have no basic understanding of biology or don't care to. Tells me you that even though you have a lack of basic understanding of these important issues you come peddle your opinion online and belittle people with your ignorance.

The other posters whole "political agenda" is out to lunch as well. Its just incompetence. And in Canada's case many decisions are based on polls and for political gain by the Liberal Party. Not actually based on science.

Where did I belittle someone? Can you please let me know? If this is the case, I’m very sorry in advance and I’m willing to correct myself- I don’t believe division or mistreating people for their own differing views is appropriate. With that said, sometimes I do contribute to the problem and it’s important for me to notice / correct that. There’s too much of that at present..

Yes, you are correct. I do have an opinion/ bias my opinion is shared by some- not all.. my opinion is that the virus is quite real. ( I had a bad bout of it) I also believe that this crisis is being exploited for political reasons. I have done my research. ( please feel free to refute my claim here as well) I’m more than willing to be “wrong.”

I also notice you have a strong opinion / bias as well and are more than happy to give it. ( which is great)

As for the vaccine/natural immunity I’m more than happy to look at contradictory views that do not support my claim. ( feel free to share/ refute)

As for the original question… I’m responsible for some of the thread drift …

Can we please get back to the original question … ?

How has this new variant / restrictions impacted flying/ loads/ bookings/ schedules ?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Another vaccine/virus epidemiology thread….. aren’t there enough already?

Answer for original poster: no news of layoffs. If it happens, this time Jazz will have to follow the contract and run a reduction bid first. That will take time.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

rudder wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 pm Another vaccine/virus epidemiology thread….. aren’t there enough already?

Answer for original poster: no news of layoffs. If it happens, this time Jazz will have to follow the contract and run a reduction bid first. That will take time.

Thanks for answering my questions .. :)

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

RRJetPilot wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 am

This is the latest study outlining previous Covid infection offers less protection than vaccine, I have seen others as well.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021 ... ction.html
“The study looked at data from the VISION Network that showed among adults hospitalized with symptoms similar to COVID-19, unvaccinated people with prior infection within 3-6 months were 5.49 times more likely to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 than those who were fully vaccinated within 3-6 months with mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) COVID-19 vaccines. The study was conducted across 187 hospitals.“

pumpkinpatch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pumpkinpatch »

McKinley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:51 pm Is there talk of layoffs again with the new variant/ travel restrictions ?
If anything the airlines in Canada should be breathing a sigh of relief that things might slow down for a month or two, so they can catch up with training. Especially AC, after dropping the ball bigtime. Instead of worrying about Flair, Swoop etc. taking market share if things pick up faster than they can train. I don't see layoffs happening or things slowing down for recalls. At least not at Jazz. That said at AC, they seem to make very interesting decisions time and time again so who knows.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Anecdotal I know, but I am hauling a lot of people, unvaccinated who are having their second major (icu) covid stay. So Natural immunity is not lasting even 12 months.

pumpkinpatch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pumpkinpatch »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:57 pm Anecdotal I know, but I am hauling a lot of people, unvaccinated who are having their second major (icu) covid stay. So Natural immunity is not lasting even 12 months.
How many are overweight, over 50, with lung, heart or autoimmune issues?

Honest question. How man younger healthy people are you hauling?

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

CDC says vaccines are 5x more effective than natural immunity.

Israel study says natural immunity is 13x more effective than vaccines.

Captain poopy pants says if I get natural immunity and a vaccine, I’m basically a super immunity omniunicorn killer.

If I get the third shot booster, I’m invincible (for at least 6 months).

Life has never been so exciting all these options!

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:29 pm
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:57 pm Anecdotal I know, but I am hauling a lot of people, unvaccinated who are having their second major (icu) covid stay. So Natural immunity is not lasting even 12 months.
How many are overweight, over 50, with lung, heart or autoimmune issues?

Honest question. How man younger healthy people are you hauling?
Most i’d say are over 40 maybe not 50. As for medical history i have no idea. I just fly them. This is about how long natiral immunity lasts though. The answer seems to be “ it doesn’t. Get vaccinated “

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:08 am What is the vaccine 90 percent effective at exactly? What does that even mean?
Thank you for that question. I am glad that you are able to accept that you don't know everything and are actively looking for the answer.

The efficacy rate comes from a drug trial. In the blind trial, there are people who are given the drug and people who are given a placebo (non-drug, like saline). The participants do not know what they were given and are all sent out to live their lives and then the administrators of the trial will check back with the participants. If a participant tests positive for COVID, it is marked down on their file. The files are totaled and the administrators find the total amount of participants who tested positive. Then, they find the ratio between the people who were vaccinated versus those who weren't.

In the case of the 90% efficacy, that means that 9 out of 10 people who tested positive for COVID in the trial were given the placebo.

Return to “Covid”