August Equipment Results

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

August Equipment Results

Post by flyer 1492 »

Here are the vacancies that are showing availble after our August equipment bid...
YUL CRJ F/0 7

YYZ D-8 F/O 11

YYZ Q-4 F/O 22

YYC CRJ F/O 10

YYC D-8 F/O 7

YYC Q-4 F/O 35

YVR D-8 F/O 13

The most junior Captain at Jazz as of the bid would have hired in late 2010.
---------- ADS -----------

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: August Equipment Results

Post by rxl »

105 vacancies. Huge.

705dreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 705dreamer »

flyer 1492 wrote:Here are the vacancies that are showing availble after our August equipment bid...
YUL CRJ F/0 7

YYZ D-8 F/O 11

YYZ Q-4 F/O 22

YYC CRJ F/O 10

YYC D-8 F/O 7

YYC Q-4 F/O 35

YVR D-8 F/O 13

Looks like the most junior captains were actually hired in 2011. Less than 5 years for the left seat on this bid, my how things have changed.

V2plus10
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by V2plus10 »

705dreamer wrote:
flyer 1492 wrote:Here are the vacancies that are showing availble after our August equipment bid...
YUL CRJ F/0 7

YYZ D-8 F/O 11

YYZ Q-4 F/O 22

YYC CRJ F/O 10

YYC D-8 F/O 7

YYC Q-4 F/O 35

YVR D-8 F/O 13

Looks like the most junior captains were actually hired in 2011. Less than 5 years for the left seat on this bid, my how things have changed.
The biggest thing to change in my mind is the experience of ppl getting on. I've heard first hand there's been 1000hr be20 fo's in recent classes. With the need for that many more and the pay offered in return maybe it'll get to the point they're hiring fresh 200hr guys regularly next. I still remember the days you had to be in the industry for many years and 3-4-5000 hrs before they'd even call.

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

YUL CRJ F/0 7

YYZ D-8 F/O 11

YYZ Q-4 F/O 22

YYC CRJ F/O 10

YYC D-8 F/O 7

YYC Q-4 F/O 35

YVR D-8 F/O 13

Most Junior Captain as per memo says April 2011.

Flyboycanada80
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyboycanada80 »

.[/quote]

The biggest thing to change in my mind is the experience of ppl getting on. I've heard first hand there's been 1000hr be20 fo's in recent classes. With the need for that many more and the pay offered in return maybe it'll get to the point they're hiring fresh 200hr guys regularly next. I still remember the days you had to be in the industry for many years and 3-4-5000 hrs before they'd even call.[/quote]

I applied before the new agreement. ATPL and experience and all that. Got the call AFTER the new agreement. Could not afford for the family to take it.... I hope It gets to the point of HAVING TO increase wages. I heard the already let go of a bunch of newbies because they couldn't cut it.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

MMMmmm... 13 YVR slots. I'll take one please. :P

V2plus10
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by V2plus10 »

Flyboycanada80 wrote:.
The biggest thing to change in my mind is the experience of ppl getting on. I've heard first hand there's been 1000hr be20 fo's in recent classes. With the need for that many more and the pay offered in return maybe it'll get to the point they're hiring fresh 200hr guys regularly next. I still remember the days you had to be in the industry for many years and 3-4-5000 hrs before they'd even call.[/quote]

I applied before the new agreement. ATPL and experience and all that. Got the call AFTER the new agreement. Could not afford for the family to take it.... I hope It gets to the point of HAVING TO increase wages. I heard the already let go of a bunch of newbies because they couldn't cut it.[/quote]

Not with guys like the one posting the comment before this one still polluting this industry. YVR base, sure I'll work for nothing. But yeah I heard the same about people flunking out.......pay peanuts get monkeys.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

times have changed indeed! I won't comment on experience of guys coming in or the pay, but 100+ vacancies!?? Wow, glad to see the movement is picking up at Jazz! And especially glad to see junior(ish) F/Os upgrading as early as 5 years. Maybe next time AC spurs up their hiring it will mean even junior FOs moving to the left seat!!

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

V2plus10 wrote:
Flyboycanada80 wrote:.
The biggest thing to change in my mind is the experience of ppl getting on. I've heard first hand there's been 1000hr be20 fo's in recent classes. With the need for that many more and the pay offered in return maybe it'll get to the point they're hiring fresh 200hr guys regularly next. I still remember the days you had to be in the industry for many years and 3-4-5000 hrs before they'd even call.
I applied before the new agreement. ATPL and experience and all that. Got the call AFTER the new agreement. Could not afford for the family to take it.... I hope It gets to the point of HAVING TO increase wages. I heard the already let go of a bunch of newbies because they couldn't cut it.[/quote]

Not with guys like the one posting the comment before this one still polluting this industry. YVR base, sure I'll work for nothing. But yeah I heard the same about people flunking out.......pay peanuts get monkeys.[/quote]

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Mine is, pays more than I make now... in the city I'm from, with possible future at AC. Works for me. Better than sitting on AvCanada complaining about the industry while you're either jobless or sitting on your 777 left seat castle making $250,000k/yr telling all the young people to not take these low paying jobs. Sorry, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get ahead. And if that means a few years of making less than a previous guys, but still more than I make now, I'm OK with that.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

2011 DOH are showing upgrades because at least 200-300 more senior pilots passed on bidding upgrade at this time. That will change. Attempting to suggest that 4 years at Jazz gets you a guaranteed left seat is grossly inaccurate.

volez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by volez »

Rudder,

Don't you think that a lot of these senior fo's are going to AC in the next few years ? I have been YYC based for over two years now and I have kept seeing growth. All we need now is a fresh order of CRJ 705 ;). But hey after all it's aviation, the only fact that is constant is change.

However it seems that the future at Jazz is enticing at least for the guys that got hired prior the last ratification.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

And it will look enticing again for those hired under this agreement when another goes through in a few years. It's all relative.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Well, with A/C requiring 213 new hires starting now and ground school going indefinitely, 80% are going to come from Jazz. Take into consideration retirements and so forth, the industry for anyone with an ATPL and a good amount of multi time is looking great if you want to get on with Jazz. But that YVR spot sounds pretty awesome!

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

I was always told that aviation works on roughly a 7 year cycle. Seems to be true (+/-) from what I've seen.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

I was told something like 101 Capt. upgrades since January.

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

rudder wrote:2011 DOH are showing upgrades because at least 200-300 more senior pilots passed on bidding upgrade at this time. That will change. Attempting to suggest that 4 years at Jazz gets you a guaranteed left seat is grossly inaccurate.
All airlines from AC to Jazz that run under a seniority based bidding system have senior FOs that defer upgrades for lifestyle.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

teacher wrote:
rudder wrote:2011 DOH are showing upgrades because at least 200-300 more senior pilots passed on bidding upgrade at this time. That will change. Attempting to suggest that 4 years at Jazz gets you a guaranteed left seat is grossly inaccurate.
All airlines from AC to Jazz that run under a seniority based bidding system have senior FOs that defer upgrades for lifestyle.
Exactly.

And that is why if there is a 4 year AC pilot that holds EMB Capt or 8 year pilot that holds Rouge Capt does not mean that EVERY 4/8 year AC pilot can hold that position.

My guess is that somewhere out near 2018/2019 that 4 year Capt at Jazz will become more common. All of the pilots in the first 500 that wanted to retire or move to AC are already gone. Retirement rates for that group are now mimimal for a few years. Of the next 500, perhaps 300 will leave for AC. That will create most of the left seat opportunities for 2015-2017.

SM16
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SM16 »

Does anyone know If calls have been going out for an October geound school?

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

So is Jazz purposly hiring more low time pilots than those with more time and experience, because of the current wawcon ? Or are there other reasons ?

Gravity always wins

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”