AC Jazz interview questions, profile and sim 2011-2015

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: AC Jazz interview questions, profile and sim 2011-2015

Post by dhc# »

Does the interview panel talk about the PMA during the hiring process ?
---------- ADS -----------

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Double post

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

dhc# wrote:Does the interview panel talk about the PMA during the hiring process ?
They mention that there is a current list, and that there is supposed to be another one introduced. That's about it.

So far we have not heard anything about a new PMA. There is apparently one coming, but no date has been given.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

dhc# wrote:Does the interview panel talk about the PMA during the hiring process ?

I was asked if I would honour my 2 year commitment to Jazz if AC called.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Can anyone say how long it usually takes to hear back for a sim invite after the in-person interview? I was told could take up to 2 weeks to hear yea or nay but I am just wondering the typical time frame.

ThatFliGuyDerr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThatFliGuyDerr »

I know people who heard back the next day. And others that took a month. If you have been waiting more than 2 weeks I suggest just writing an email to your recruiting officer asking how your process is going. I know others who have done that and had gotten a response within 48hours with where there application stands.

scrat1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrat1 »

To whom it may concern,

hi everyone, I hope all is well with my fellow aviation co-workers and enthusiasts!!!!!!

I've got a question to ask you all, and I hope i can get some clarification in here, I am a Canadian that flies in another country (not the USA) and i have never done a NDB since the country where I live and work there isn't any NDB many years now, my question is about the Jazz SIM EVAL. The SIM eval. is to check the persons ability to work under pressure under a two crew plane, check how the individual reacts with its CRM which in fact is extremely important now a days, OR is to check the individual ability to actually see if the person knows how to fly an airplane, lets say me I have NEVER done an NDB hold, NDB approach in this case would I fail the SIM Evaluation? OR what they would like to see is how I interact as pilot inside the box?

thank you and I am sorry for my silly question,

P.S. please feel free to P.M me

thank you and SAFE FLIGHT to everyone.

3genav
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 3genav »

scrat1 wrote:To whom it may concern,

hi everyone, I hope all is well with my fellow aviation co-workers and enthusiasts!!!!!!

I've got a question to ask you all, and I hope i can get some clarification in here, I am a Canadian that flies in another country (not the USA) and i have never done a NDB since the country where I live and work there isn't any NDB many years now, my question is about the Jazz SIM EVAL. The SIM eval. is to check the persons ability to work under pressure under a two crew plane, check how the individual reacts with its CRM which in fact is extremely important now a days, OR is to check the individual ability to actually see if the person knows how to fly an airplane, lets say me I have NEVER done an NDB hold, NDB approach in this case would I fail the SIM Evaluation? OR what they would like to see is how I interact as pilot inside the box?

Did my sim eval a couple weeks ago. I had nothing to do with an NDB on mine. Held at a VOR and did a LOC and ILS approach.

scrat1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrat1 »

Hey how are you doing!!!!!

Would you mind if I PM you?

3genav wrote:
scrat1 wrote:To whom it may concern,

Did my sim eval a couple weeks ago. I had nothing to do with an NDB on mine. Held at a VOR and did a LOC and ILS approach.

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

Did my sim eval a couple weeks ago. I had nothing to do with an NDB on mine. Held at a VOR and did a LOC and ILS approach.[/quote]

Where did you do your sim?

3genav
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 3genav »

Flyguy13 wrote:Did my sim eval a couple weeks ago. I had nothing to do with an NDB on mine. Held at a VOR and did a LOC and ILS approach.
Where did you do your sim?[/quote]

Seneca College (Newnham campus I think?). Was on a fixed base King Air 200 sim.

AviatorMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AviatorMike »

Did a sim evaluation in Seneca college - NBC hold, loc and Ils approach.

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike1985 »

Did mine in Seneca college too.

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

Question re: the Sim evaluation location in YYZ at Seneca? Is this at the Peterborough Airport campus or at 1750 Finch Ave E Newnham Campus?

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Newnham

its not too far but they expect you to find your own way from the interview at yyz

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

Thanks for the quick reply, Cheers!

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”