First year fo pay?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

First year fo pay?

Post by Pt6-42 »

Can anyone on the inside at jazz tell me what the net-take home pay is for a first year fo with jazz?

Thanks pt6
---------- ADS -----------

dunkafa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: First year fo pay?

Post by dunkafa »

2000$ net + per diems can go from 500$ to 1500$ if you work like a slave
Yep its garbage

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Pt6-42 wrote:Can anyone on the inside at jazz tell me what the net-take home pay is for a first year fo with jazz?

Thanks pt6
Once you are out of reserve you will average $3300 including per diems on a 80-85 blocking average month (based on Alberta income tax figures). I usually pull in 3500-3800 by working an extra 1 or 2 days if I am interested. The deductions here are on the steep side after your heath, dental, union dues are deducted but the benefits are second to none.

Hope this helps.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

dunkafa wrote:2000$ net + per diems can go from 500$ to 1500$ if you work like a slave
Yep its garbage
Then don't apply

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

BingBong wrote:
dunkafa wrote:2000$ net + per diems can go from 500$ to 1500$ if you work like a slave
Yep its garbage
Then don't apply
He simply answered the question that was asked...you know to be helpful. I doubt he'll be applying since he likely already works there but thanks once again for your always insightful commentary from the peanut gallery DingDong. For the record YES it is garbage, and people want the FACTS before making career choices.

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Maxpwr wrote:
BingBong wrote:
Yep its garbage
Then don't apply
He simply answered the question that was asked...you know to be helpful. I doubt he'll be applying since he likely already works there but thanks once again for your always insightful commentary from the peanut gallery DingDong. For the record YES it is garbage, and people want the FACTS before making career choices.
I doubt he works at Jazz. His figures are WAY off. I made more than 2000 on reserve without per diems on a low blocking avarage month.

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pt6-42 »

iamnomaverick wrote:
Maxpwr wrote:
BingBong wrote:
Then don't apply
I doubt he works at Jazz. His figures are WAY off. I made more than 2000 on reserve without per diems on a low blocking avarage month.
How far off?

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Pt6-42 wrote:
iamnomaverick wrote:
Maxpwr wrote:
How far off?
I already answered your question in this thread.

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

not that far off at all. My avg paychecks this year on the new year 1 pay scale are about 2200/mth net. occasional WDO. I'll reiterate that it is indeed garbage, and I do work there.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

For you posters talking about the 'garbage' pay, did you not apply, interview and tell the people across the table from you that "yes I'd like to work at Jazz...."?

Did you not have an opportunity to see the pay scale, research the job and ask questions before and during the interview?

I'm just curious, because you are making it sound as if you were totally shocked and surprised by what you have been burdened with in your short tenure in industry.

If SKR or WEN is the place to be, then why don't you pull the pin and go there before you invest any more time at Jazz?

Newsflash: the industry sucks. Period. But you'll be hard pressed to find a better place to be than Jazz while you're waiting for the call from big red.

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Canoehead wrote:For you posters talking about the 'garbage' pay, did you not apply, interview and tell the people across the table from you that "yes I'd like to work at Jazz...."?

Did you not have an opportunity to see the pay scale, research the job and ask questions before and during the interview?

I'm just curious, because you are making it sound as if you were totally shocked and surprised by what you have been burdened with in your short tenure in industry.

If SKR or WEN is the place to be, then why don't you pull the pin and go there before you invest any more time at Jazz?

Newsflash: the industry sucks. Period. But you'll be hard pressed to find a better place to be than Jazz while you're waiting for the call from big red.
Ditto!

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

according to the 2 clowns above the pay is great, courtesy of them.

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

The $2200/month isn't far off, but that's not including per diems. If you count per diems you're gonna be over $3000 take-home per month.

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

More than most 703 Captains make so there's that... Just wouldn't want to take a pay cut coming from medevac or 704 left seat gigs. Would be tough..

prestonlad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by prestonlad »

Guys,let's be honest the pay is garbage but no worse than anything on offer from the other tier 2 slave drivers . A gentle word of advice , when the music stops be sure you are working somewhere you can tolerate cos if you find yourself in the wrong job you will be miserable. Money isn't everything !

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

iamnomaverick wrote: Once you are out of reserve you will average $3300 including per diems on a 80-85 blocking average.
Perdiem is Not an income :roll:

Or maybe you would like taxes men thinking like you....

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

AvExpress wrote:according to the 2 clowns above the pay is great, courtesy of them.
If you want to start calling your co-workers 'clowns', why don't you sign your name to it?
Where did I say the pay is great?

I've been here for 11 years. I had over 5000 hours when I started here; most of us then had high time because we had been flying professionally for say 10 years prior. We lived through 9/11 & SARS and the subsequent layoffs and downgrades etc.

I took a pay cut when I started here in 2005. Guess what; payscales were higher at Jazz/ACR before that. Did I show up and start beaking off to my colleagues about lowering the bar (your inference). No, because I was aware of the hell that my colleagues here had come through (CCAA).

Did we have to make some tough decisions regarding the last contract? You're damned right we did. If you think you have an idea of what the last 2 rounds of negotiations were like for us, give me a call and I'll fill you in on what went on.

Am I happy about what new-hires make here? Not at all. Do I think we made the best of a shitty situation and given the (poor) information from AC and Jazz? I do.

Again, you've worked here for less than 6 months as far as I can tell. You knew exactly what you signed up for, and if you didn't, then you did a poor job of researching what was waiting for you.

Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bajan Pilot »

Personally, I would not give all the nay-sayers the time of day. Let them mouth off as to how bad it is, just maybe one day they will realize their folly.

No two ways about it, Jazz is one of The Best airlines in North America to work for. It was the best company I ever worked for with the best bunch of people I spent 2+ decades with, and you know what, I would do it all over again given the chance.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Bajan Pilot wrote: and you know what, I would do it all over again given the chance.

But would you do it at the current wage scale?..........HAH kidding

In all seriousness Jazz is still one of the BEST OPTIONS out there for a long term career plan in Canadian Aviation. The benefits are second to none.

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

TG wrote:
iamnomaverick wrote: Once you are out of reserve you will average $3300 including per diems on a 80-85 blocking average.
Perdiem is Not an income :roll:

Or maybe you would like taxes men thinking like you....
Per diems may not be income by definition but at the end of the day it's money in the bank. Assuming you aren't getting steak every night while on the road, you're going to save some of it.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”