Reapply?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Reapply?

Post by 7dirty7 »

Hi all,
I went through the interview and was PFOd shortly afterwards. In the pfo there was no mention of when I can reapply. Any suggestions on how long I should wait?
Thanks,
Dirty
---------- ADS -----------

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Reapply?

Post by lazyeight »

Talk to your recruiter but typically it's one year, plus showing you've done something worthwhile over that year.

dunkafa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dunkafa »

Don't bother with jazz. With the last equipment bid it doesn't look good for the new pilots. 114 hiring for 2017 and then what ?
Upgrade time will go up again, FPML smoke screen, less jet operations, bad salary, and management playing with peoples lifes...and i could go on.
SK or Encore don't look so bad from here.
By the time you get an other interview and get hired you will be at the bottom of the seniority with no movements.

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

dunkafa wrote:Don't bother with jazz. With the last equipment bid it doesn't look good for the new pilots. 114 hiring for 2017 and then what ?
Upgrade time will go up again, FPML smoke screen, less jet operations, bad salary, and management playing with peoples lifes...and i could go on.
By the time you get an other interview and get hired you will be at the bottom of the seniority with no movements.
I don't know if you can compare the other regionals with Jazz. Strong union, decent work conditions, 12 GDO a month (we usually get 13-14 days off a month), still better pay than the other regionals, highest per diems, lots of movement right now that is forecasted to continue with the current PML and FPML. I am not taking anything away from the other players but having friends who fly for all 3 other Tier 2 operators I know for a fact that I am better off here. My take home pay is what I took home as a King Air captain in the bush, working almost half as much, enjoying great benefits package, pension, incentive pay, flight passes worldwide, well-maintained aircraft and working with great people.

The only reason I mention all of this is that I was given the same advice as not to come here (I had my eyes set on going to Jazz from the days of flight training so that didn't matter). I have only been here a few months and I can honestly tell you I couldn't be happier with my decision. I have moved up quite a bit seniority wise and my schedule is always what I want (when you make reasonable requests you usually get most of them). Speaking of the new bid, yes it does suck for a lot of our guys and girls and I feel bad for them, however, unfortunately Jazz has to allocate equipment based on ACs needs/demands... AC calls the shots regarding where they want their seats. I don't know much about the commercial aspect of the CPA but I know we go where the work is. With that being said the transition is spread over a long period of time and it looks like most will be able to hold their bases as long as they are willing to switch types. Or move on company dime.

Again this is not meant to bash our colleagues at other regionals, just stating the facts as I see them.

To the original poster, I believe it is 6 months but you should definitely phone and check.

dunkafa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dunkafa »

iamnomaverick wrote:
dunkafa wrote:Don't bother with jazz. With the last equipment bid it doesn't look good for the new pilots. 114 hiring for 2017 and then what ?
I don't know if you can compare the other regionals with Jazz. Strong union, decent work conditions, 12 GDO a month (we usually get 13-14 days off a month), still better pay than the other regionals, highest per diems, lots of movement right now that is forecasted to continue with the current PML and FPML. I am not taking anything away from the other players but having friends who fly for all 3 other Tier 2 operators I know for a fact that I am better off here. My take home pay is what I took home as a King Air captain in the bush, working almost half as much, enjoying great benefits package, pension, incentive pay, flight passes worldwide, well-maintained aircraft and working with great people.

The only reason I mention all of this is that I was given the same advice as not to come here (I had my eyes set on going to Jazz from the days of flight training so that didn't matter). I have only been here a few months and I can honestly tell you I couldn't be happier with my decision. I have moved up quite a bit seniority wise and my schedule is always what I want (when you make reasonable requests you usually get most of them). Speaking of the new bid, yes it does suck for a lot of our guys and girls and I feel bad for them, however, unfortunately Jazz has to allocate equipment based on ACs needs/demands... AC calls the shots regarding where they want their seats. I don't know much about the commercial aspect of the CPA but I know we go where the work is. With that being said the transition is spread over a long period of time and it looks like most will be able to hold their bases as long as they are willing to switch types. Or move on company dime.

Again this is not meant to bash our colleagues at other regionals, just stating the facts as I see them.

To the original poster, I believe it is 6 months but you should definitely phone and check.

Well you should talk more often to your friends at Sky, the hourly pay is actually 47$/h while you make 37$/h at jazz
Upgrade time again at Sky or Encore is under 2 years while you can expect 3-4 Years at jazz.
You must have been flying for a really bad company if you were making 40k as a king air captain. If you take home pay is really good then it means you work your ass off, do overtime (thanks for helping management btw but i wont get into that argument) to get per diems.
Which get us to lifestyle...you must be single to work that hard and your life is your job, good for you. And for the moving aspect of the last bid, again when you wife also has a career and you ask to move its not that easy but i guess its not your concern.
For the FPML, well if you can find me any document, agreement talking about it i would love it... actually there was a time extnesion to the existing PML so talking about the FPML...

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

dunkafa wrote:
iamnomaverick wrote:

Well you should talk more often to your friends at Sky, the hourly pay is actually 47$/h while you make 37$/h at jazz
Upgrade time again at Sky or Encore is under 2 years while you can expect 3-4 Years at jazz.
You must have been flying for a really bad company if you were making 40k as a king air captain. If you take home pay is really good then it means you work your ass off, do overtime (thanks for helping management btw but i wont get into that argument) to get per diems.
Which get us to lifestyle...you must be single to work that hard and your life is your job, good for you. And for the moving aspect of the last bid, again when you wife also has a career and you ask to move its not that easy but i guess its not your concern.
For the FPML, well if you can find me any document, agreement talking about it i would love it... actually there was a time extnesion to the existing PML so talking about the FPML...
Go apply to Sky. We will survive without you, I promise.

Itwasme
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Itwasme »

iamnomaverick wrote:
dunkafa wrote:
iamnomaverick wrote:

Go apply to Sky. We will survive without you, I promise.

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 7dirty7 »

Just an update for anyone interested I emailed the recruiter and it's 1 year after the interview date for reapplying

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”