Winter Bid released today.

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TGale
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Winter Bid released today.

Post by TGale »

Dropped the ball? I don't think so.

The only way for pilots to truly take control of their collective future is to become a federally certified profession with the authority to set standards of pay and working conditions across all of the industry. That is not the mandate or the will of ALPA. We may wish it to be so, but that is just not going to happen. The CCPP is/was on the right track but the political will just does not exist to give such power to an industrial/labour group. Our strength right now is in our resolve to educate and inform those who not only control the airlines but those who pay for our services and benefit from our unique expertise and experience. We are at the pointy end of the safety and operational integrity stick but are slipping to the stinky end of the compensation stick.

You tell two friends and I'll tell two friends. OK?

TG
---------- ADS -----------

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

rxl wrote: THEN SIGN THE DAMN UNION CARD
These things don't happen over night. There is a strong ALPA push in the works at SR.

PROC_HDG

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

ALPA or any union isn't going to do squat. It's very evident over the years. True unity happens on the mental level of each pilot. We are our own worst enemy to ourselves and others.

mbav8r, idiots may come for the current low wages, but who are the ones who voted yes for that contract?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Like I said, voting yes protected current Jazz pilots. I will say this very loud so people get it, NEW PILOTS HAVE A VOTE AS WELL, VOTE NO AND THEY WILL HAVE TO CHANGE IT.
Do you get that if we voted this contract down, there would be NO need for new pilots at Jazz, there would be NO movement and only a reduction of flying, don't believe me, we voted the contract in and both GGN and SR have done nothing but grow. We are less pilots at Jazz post contract and the movement is a big smoke screen, we do less flying now than before.
If AC stops their ground schools, so will we!
One more time for the ones that don't get it, YOU have a vote and you don't even work here yet, say NO, fly your king air until they fix it!

TGale
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TGale »

Voting against a contract or even going on strike can go either way. There are a couple of cases in point that demonstrate the risk. A decision has to be made on what to protect and what to sacrifice when negotiating in a declining market.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Art Garfunkel wrote:
BingBong wrote:You GGN scabs thought you were getting dirty looks before?? Better bring your big girl panties
Very classy comment BingBong!! That really helps.

How about the Westjet pilots that created the incredible working conditions at Encore?! Or at least signed off on it. Their names are on the front of the agreement. It was the threat of Encore's cheap cheap (80 percent of industry rates) that brought on Sky Regional and the transfer of RJ 100/200 to GGN. Oh, and lets not forget ACPA's fumble on the five yard line that allowed other regional carriers in the AC brand.

Time to work together to better the "profession" for everyone. And that means EVERY PILOT.
For the record, we DIDN'T sign off on encore working conditions, we agreed in principle to a regional airline. Period. Those (WAWCON) were supposed to be negotiated after, but that didn't happen.

As for calling regional pilots "scabs" or "bottom feeders"... its pilots needing and accepting a job, simple Supply and demand which thankfully is changing. How holier then thou are you who sit in the big machines and look down at those "bottom feeders" who are just trying to feed their families or gain the experience required to grace the skies with us flying gods. Meanwhile its our respective management(s) laughing all the way to the bank(s) as we are played off each other and happily do it cause we love to to do nothing more then then compare di@ks and slam each other.
Why not instead of scowl at said regional pilot, buy him or her a coffee cause frankly they deserve it.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

Well said KAG!

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

mbav8r wrote:[
Here's my story, after waiting nearly 10 years to even be able to hold a left seat, that's right first time I was able to hold left seat at any base was one year ago at 9 years in. I bid it with about 30 or so below me and before I even start the training a new bid comes out where if I can hold it at my base it will be bottom reserve, otherwise I may have to move to another base, but where? Who knows, it's a crap shoot as to where all the reduced/displaced pilots will go.
Thanks for putting this into perspective. We all know how quickly things can change in this business, but this still seems pretty surprising. Are pilots who have deferred their positions at AC still shown as active on the equipment bids until they leave? Or would this bid already have them removed?

I can appreciate that their are several different reasons for not joining mainline and everyone hates to see those who stayed drawing such a short straw. Loyalty and experience shouldn't be punished after the pilot group came to the table to allow Jazz the opportunity to regain its competitive footing. Hopefully things aren't as bad as they seem right now.

Art Garfunkel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Art Garfunkel »

[/quote]For the record, we DIDN'T sign off on encore working conditions, we agreed in principle to a regional airline. Period. Those (WAWCON) were supposed to be negotiated after, but that didn't happen. [/quote]

HI Kag,

So on the first page of the Encore's "Agreement", it clearly says "Agreement between Westjet Encore, and The pilots in the service of Westjet Encore, As represented by the Westjet pilot's Association"

On page 3, it cleary states the names of one WJPA co-chair, and 6 executive members who's signatures are on the document. So you are telling me that mainline pilots had nothing to do with the working conditions at Encore?

I know the "WJPA" doesn't represent all of the pilots at Westjet, but they are still mainline pilots that put their signatures on that document.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

That is exactly what I'm saying.
We voted in the concept, nothing more. It was a leap of faith.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

Will we potentially see some new hires (say within the last 6 months) bid onto new aircraft with this bid? Newer CRJ FO's being bumped to other aircraft?

Where will all the RJ Captains go from YYZ if YYC and YVR Q and -8 Captains with much higher seniority bid onto the RJ? The lowest RJ Captain in YYZ is in the 600's and there are many -8 and Q Captains who are in YVR or YYC (But commuting) that have a much higher number than that.

I'm curious to see what it all looks like when the dust settles.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

lazyeight wrote:Will we potentially see some new hires (say within the last 6 months) bid onto new aircraft with this bid? Newer CRJ FO's being bumped to other aircraft?

Where will all the RJ Captains go from YYZ if YYC and YVR Q and -8 Captains with much higher seniority bid onto the RJ? The lowest RJ Captain in YYZ is in the 600's and there are many -8 and Q Captains who are in YVR or YYC (But commuting) that have a much higher number than that.

I'm curious to see what it all looks like when the dust settles.

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

By "higher" I mean on the list... lower number overall.

foxtrotlimayankee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by foxtrotlimayankee »

Have interviews slowed down at all during the period of this new bid coming out or has it still been full steam ahead?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

From what I've heard from a buddy who was just in Initial GS and from people I know who got the call.....sounds like 1-2 GS/mth until the year ends.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Most spots will likely be in YVR but we won't know till the results are out. Won't likely be any YYZ openings for a while.

Let’s Go Brandon
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

There is currently a GS underway. The plan as I was told was 2 in sept and then 1 a month onward from there. Most spots will be YVR/YUL

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

Any recent revelations? When does the finalized roster come out?

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Saxub wrote:Any recent revelations? When does the finalized roster come out?
Nothing yet. The award should be out by the 13th at the latest I believe.

As for revelations, there are some rumours floating around, but I don't put any stock in them until I hear something official. So far everything I've heard has had no evidence to support it.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
foxtrotlimayankee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by foxtrotlimayankee »

skypirate88 wrote:
Saxub wrote:Any recent revelations? When does the finalized roster come out?
Nothing yet. The award should be out by the 13th at the latest I believe.

As for revelations, there are some rumours floating around, but I don't put any stock in them until I hear something official. So far everything I've heard has had no evidence to support it.

Any new info to share with the bid finalizing? any spots left in yyz or yyc?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”