Current Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Canada340
Rank 1
Rank 1

Current Pool

Post by Canada340 »

Who's all in the hiring pool right now?
---------- ADS -----------

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Current Pool

Post by lazyeight »

Last I knew there is no actual pool. You either get a yes or no after your medical/reference checks and typically with that call an option for one or two GS dates. Encore has an actual "pool," in the sense they call you and say you're in but it might be a few months. With the way things are moving along at Jazz, guys are going through the process and in a GS a month after initial contact.

Canada340
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Canada340 »

Well I got this email last week:

"Thank you for taking the time to participate in our recruitment process. At this time, you have successfully completed all of the steps in our hiring process and we have placed you in our hiring pool. When we begin to fill our next ground school we will choose our candidates from the pool."

It continues with a bit more but that's the jist of it.. Or is this the same email everyone gets and then shortly thereafter gets a GS date?

Cheers

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

When I was hired I received a phone call to say I had completed the hiring process and to say that if I was still interested in the job they would put me in a hiring pool. I said yes and she then explained there was a course scheduled for 3 weeks later if I wanted it.

I believe there is a pool, its often just a very shallow one :smt040

Congrats on completing the process, im sure you'll get the call soon!

Canada340
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Canada340 »

Well that's good to hear! Thanks very much

LtDan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LtDan »

Just curious if anyone has been given / knows of anyone that has been given a start date out of this pool heading into September here?

Thanks everyone!

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

My understanding is that interviews and GS are on the slow side right now until the bid is finalized.

Ridhwik
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ridhwik »

SEPT 19th

TOGAPowa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TOGAPowa »

From your experiences, how long does it takes after the medical, criminal background and reference check to get the call back?

Cheers

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

TOGAPowa wrote:From your experiences, how long does it takes after the medical, criminal background and reference check to get the call back?

Cheers
I've seen as fast as two days to as long as two weeks.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I got called 45 mins after my 'medical'. However it took 2 months from sim to call back...

HR is busy :)

flymore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flymore »

Has anyone going through the recruitment process heard from Jazz lately?

It's coming up on 3 weeks since my medical and I was expecting a reply sooner, whether good or bad. I figure they're trying to sort out stuff after the latest bid (rather than have forgotten about me) before proceeding with scheduling ground schools?

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

flymore wrote:Has anyone going through the recruitment process heard from Jazz lately?

It's coming up on 3 weeks since my medical and I was expecting a reply sooner, whether good or bad. I figure they're trying to sort out stuff after the latest bid (rather than have forgotten about me) before proceeding with scheduling ground schools?
Have they contacted your references? Tracking down references can often be a cause for a delay. I wouldnt stress, it took me over a month to hear back.

flymore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flymore »

PositiveRate27 wrote:
flymore wrote:Has anyone going through the recruitment process heard from Jazz lately?

Have they contacted your references? Tracking down references can often be a cause for a delay. I wouldnt stress, it took me over a month to hear back.
They have contacted 2 of my references more than 2 weeks ago. The 3rd one is really from the same company as another reference and he's overseas. He has had no calls or emails so I figure they're not going to contact him. Anyway, I will be patient, as you suggested and hope for the best!

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

The coordination between the training department and HR is a difficult one. They may simply be waiting for a course date for you, or to align you with a course that works. I know they try and keep a spectrum of experience levels and demographs in each course. If you haven't heard no.. then I would just grin and bear the wait :wink: I waited almost 3 months from sim eval...

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

Anyone recently get a call for an interview? As in the last week or so, since the bid was released?

limit_switch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by limit_switch »

Applied mid August, received a call for an interview first week of September, with the interview to occur in the last week of September.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

What was your experience if you don't mind me asking?

limit_switch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by limit_switch »

Feel free to PM me.

xcain23x
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by xcain23x »

i got an mail last month that i am in the hiring pool. never heard anything after that. still waiting :(

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”