New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: New hire bids

Post by Outlaw58 »

Babar350 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:18 am Now that AT will join AC and GS will seemingly slow down, anyone has a guess on how this will unfold for the Jazz pilots that should have joined mainline ?
Being a Jazz pilot with an application at AC, I can tell you this.

I'll take the call when the call comes whenever that is. In the mean time, life is good at Jazz and if that's where I end up hanging my hat, so be it, it wouldn't be a bad deal either.

Enjoy the moment is all I can offer.

---------- ADS -----------

cheeky cough
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cheeky cough »

AC is retiring 100 pilots a year for many years . There are new duty regs that require more pilots.
Air Transat has many mature pilots as well.
Be patient and like previous poster, enjoy where you are at. It will happen, just keeping focusing on the current flight you are doing and do not be a knob....you will get to wherever you want.

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

I applied and haven't heard back yet. I have ATPL +5000TT, 2500 PIC flown abroad. Everything is converted and ready to go here. I meet all the requirements and I applied for FO and nothing so far.
My last commercial flight was in 2016. Flew here few hours to get the license converted. Anyone here can shed some light why they don't call me for an interview or what should I do? Thanks

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

igorcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:08 pm I applied and haven't heard back yet. I have ATPL +5000TT, 2500 PIC flown abroad. Everything is converted and ready to go here. I meet all the requirements and I applied for FO and nothing so far.
My last commercial flight was in 2016. Flew here few hours to get the license converted. Anyone here can shed some light why they don't call me for an interview or what should I do? Thanks
I had similar experience when I applied.

One of the requirements is 200Hrs fixed wing in the last 12 mo, which I was a bit shy at the time of application. It required the hiring manager to waive the req with HR before I could proceed further.

I suspect that would be the hold up.

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

a_pilot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:09 am
plausiblyannonymous wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 pm
Warden wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:12 pmYou're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
I haven't seen the lifestyle at Encore, but I am right to be skeptical about Jazz based on the fact that they make you agree to move somewhere before telling you where.

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, plausiblyannonymous, but being a recent hire Jazz FO, I can tell you this:

- I haven't done a recurrent sim yet
- I've already been awarded my desired base, I was awarded it during sim training.
- I spent 2.5 weeks post-indoc on reserve at my hire base, since then I've had a full line of flying every month.
- With an ATPL, I can likely be awarded an upgrade within a year of hire.

These are very objectively UNREAL opportunities for the Canadian regional pilot at one of the three "major" regionals, the others being Porter and Encore.

What I've noticed though, on the RJ, are captains who are very resentful of the attitudes coming out of these forums and into the cockpit from people who started training post-2010.

I fly with captains twice my age, who spend 15 YEARS as first officers with no upward or even lateral movement within the company. They've survived mergers, base reductions, layoffs, furloughs, and medical issues in some cases to be able to sit in the seats they do. They trained when training was unpaid. When accommodations in training were on their own dime. Jazz not only provides that, they top it off with a training perdiem. They worked when there weren't duty limitations. They worked up north for 5-7 years before coming to jazz

Then FOs come in, all piss and vinegar, complaining about this that and everything else under the sun, without one iota of respect or even acknowledgement of what things used to be like.

Sure you can't say "well it's different for us, blah blah blah", but you're about to jump into a plane shoulder to shoulder with this person for 4 days. To some, the lack of appreciation for how far the industry has come is equivalent to barging into a cockpit and stating "hello, I love Hitler" as a first impression.

This forum is the place for these discussions, so keep em going. But please, to future FOs like me, make sure you enter that flight deck with respect for the captain as a baseline, and leave your problems in the terminal.

You don't like it, go somewhere else. You got hired and still don't like it? Time to work with ALPA to make the changes you want to see. Whining on a forum is a fart in the wind. Does nothing, but some still end up smelling it.

Good luck all. Keep it classy.

A Pilot.
I can appreciate that. I agree, it was tough when a lot of these people started.

Where my beliefs differ is that it shouldn't be that way. Especially with the shortage of pilots, the industry leader regionals really need to continue to up their game.

crystalpizza
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crystalpizza »

Last edited by crystalpizza on Thu May 25, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingskate8
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kingskate8 »

Any calls gone out for October groundschool yet?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

First Oct GS full, not sure bout next two in October.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Sept 9 was
6 yvr q
3 yyz classic
2 yul classic

RILEY
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RILEY »

KenoraPilot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm First Oct GS full, not sure bout next two in October.
Do you know the dates of the remaining 2?

kingskate8
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kingskate8 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm First Oct GS full, not sure bout next two in October.
Awesome thanks brother!

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

a_pilot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:09 am
plausiblyannonymous wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 pm
Warden wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:12 pmYou're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
I haven't seen the lifestyle at Encore, but I am right to be skeptical about Jazz based on the fact that they make you agree to move somewhere before telling you where.

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, plausiblyannonymous, but being a recent hire Jazz FO, I can tell you this:

- I haven't done a recurrent sim yet
- I've already been awarded my desired base, I was awarded it during sim training.
- I spent 2.5 weeks post-indoc on reserve at my hire base, since then I've had a full line of flying every month.
- With an ATPL, I can likely be awarded an upgrade within a year of hire.

These are very objectively UNREAL opportunities for the Canadian regional pilot at one of the three "major" regionals, the others being Porter and Encore.

What I've noticed though, on the RJ, are captains who are very resentful of the attitudes coming out of these forums and into the cockpit from people who started training post-2010.

I fly with captains twice my age, who spend 15 YEARS as first officers with no upward or even lateral movement within the company. They've survived mergers, base reductions, layoffs, furloughs, and medical issues in some cases to be able to sit in the seats they do. They trained when training was unpaid. When accommodations in training were on their own dime. Jazz not only provides that, they top it off with a training perdiem. They worked when there weren't duty limitations. They worked up north for 5-7 years before coming to jazz

Then FOs come in, all piss and vinegar, complaining about this that and everything else under the sun, without one iota of respect or even acknowledgement of what things used to be like.

Sure you can't say "well it's different for us, blah blah blah", but you're about to jump into a plane shoulder to shoulder with this person for 4 days. To some, the lack of appreciation for how far the industry has come is equivalent to barging into a cockpit and stating "hello, I love Hitler" as a first impression.

This forum is the place for these discussions, so keep em going. But please, to future FOs like me, make sure you enter that flight deck with respect for the captain as a baseline, and leave your problems in the terminal.

You don't like it, go somewhere else. You got hired and still don't like it? Time to work with ALPA to make the changes you want to see. Whining on a forum is a fart in the wind. Does nothing, but some still end up smelling it.

Good luck all. Keep it classy.

A Pilot.
THIS

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

RILEY wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 pm
Oct 7
Oct 15
Oct 28

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

The young people working at Jazz who are complaining about the job or the company are idiots. It doesn’t get much better! Go find a different career because if you’re not happy working at Jazz, you probably won’t be happy anywhere, ever.

It’s the people that complain about the job itself as if they didn’t know what being a pilot would be like. That pisses me off the most. I’m just trying to enjoy my pairing. If you don’t like being a pilot go do something else or keep your negative mouth shut.

kingskate8
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kingskate8 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 am
Oct 7
Oct 15
Oct 28
Are these groundschool all for GGN?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

kingskate8 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am

Oct 7
Oct 15
Oct 28

Unknown

kingskate8
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kingskate8 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 am

Oct 7
Oct 15
Oct 28

Unknown
Just got the magical call! I start groundschool Oct. 15th!

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

kingskate8 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Unknown

Congrats & welcome aboard!

kingskate8
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kingskate8 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:32 pm
kingskate8 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Unknown

Congrats & welcome aboard!
Thanks!

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

kingskate8 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am Are these groundschool all for GGN?
No

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”