New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: New hire bids

Post by flyer 1492 »

YUL Q 2
YUL -8 1
YUL RJ 2

YYZ Q 4
YYZ -8 3
-------------
---------- ADS -----------

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

If you are assigned CYYZ base and you live in YUL how much time will it take to transfer ?

ogc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogc »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:31 pm If you are assigned CYYZ base and you live in YUL how much time will it take to transfer ?
Id guess less than a month.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

YUL is the Jr. base and there are always loads of pilots wanting out. Chances are you'd never even get YYZ as a base as YUL positions go after everything else, so if you pick first... you take the YUL base. If you pick last, chances are it will still be available.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Heard they revised the hiring numbers for 2018 to 140-190 pilots down from 400. (from two sources)
and looks like we are "overstaffed" over the baseline for the first time on this last bid.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Yes looks like hiring and upgrades are going to slow down significantly except for YVR base. Bid from Monday shows only about 50 new hire vacancies.

Let’s Go Brandon
skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Very interesting development. Hopefully it means we will see aore steady stream of folks getting pulled to AC.

Those hoping for YYZ may be in for a wait. Overstaffed by 30+ captains.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Maple_30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maple_30 »

Hi guys,

Any idea why Jazz starts to slow down its hiring?
As AC plans a GS of 30-40 every 3 weeks indefinitely, that seems a bit weird, that would mean more OTS for AC?

Cheers!

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

it's not 2 GS per month anymore?

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Don't read too much into the bid. It appears the numbers are off. I'd like a better look at how they forecast, because thus far, we seem to be constantly 'short' every month.

Attrition shows to be mostly from AC, even though we are losing people consistently to AT, SW and overseas now as well. I'd also like to see how they forecast retirement. Is it all based on everyone going to 65? By actual employees? or just the median age of the pilot group?

Me thinks there is some fuddling with numbers..

Ex99guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ex99guy »

Good!

Let them be short. Maybe then they'll realize that paying peanuts in exchange for a tiny carrot at the end of a stick is a bad retention tool.

radio
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by radio »

Seems like Jazz is going to be hiring up to 275 pilots next year, mostly Montréal based, see the link below (in French, couldn’t find the English version).

Jazz is doing a partnership with a French website Aeroemploi, they just posted a video (in French) promoting Jazz career. There’s also a live chat with Jazz recruiters on Jan 24.

Here’s the link to the video : https://www.facebook.com/aeroemploi/vid ... 438904386/

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

I have spoken to about 5 Jazz pilots (that have been there for under a year), that are actively looking for work elsewhere, including yours truly.

Das ist mir wurst...
Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

All the best Mr Hans, :prayer:

:rolleyes:

I will miss your overly pessimistic view of jazz :(

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

C'ya!

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

HansDietrich wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm I have spoken to about 5 Jazz pilots (that have been there for under a year), that are actively looking for work elsewhere, including yours truly.
We’re all aware you’ve been trying to get out, you’ve stated that in numerous posts. Basically since you’ve started at Jazz, I bet airlines will be dying to get you on their roster! Good riddance!

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

HansDietrich wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm I have spoken to about 5 Jazz pilots (that have been there for under a year), that are actively looking for work elsewhere, incfluding yours truly.

Why is that? Why are people leaving Jazz? I thought from all the regionals it was the best one.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

7507 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 am
HansDietrich wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm I have spoken to about 5 Jazz pilots (that have been there for under a year), that are actively looking for work elsewhere, incfluding yours truly.

Why is that? Why are people leaving Jazz? I thought from all the regionals it was the best one.
It is likely one of the better ones, but I think recent hires are realizing that the AC carrot isn’t as fresh as they thought. I suspect most of them didn’t need come to Jazz with the plan of spending a career here. With the light at the end of the tunnel appearing to get further away, they are taking advantage of the current hiring trends and heading to places like Sunwing and Transat.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

7507 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 am

It's SHIT, SHIT, SHIT and I can't wait to leave. In 10 years of aviation, I had to make a lot of sacrifices, I took many hard decisions to build my career, I never regretted any of them, no matter how difficult it was at times, anyone who worked up North, I'm sure can related. The only bad decision I ever made was joining Jazz. If you're a cadet or working in a shit job flying clamped out hoes or metros, then sure go Jazz, or whatever regional. If on the other hand, you had a well paid job, home every night or decent schedule then stay there and wait for the AC call. All of us post 2015 got conned. It was a pure bait and switch to provide cheap labour and when the smokes clear and the music stops, a lot of people still left standing will be very very upset.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

daedalusx wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 am [quote=7507 post_id=<a href="tel:1025972">1025972</a> time=<a href="tel:1516284671">1516284671</a> user_id=56993]
[quote=HansDietrich post_id=<a href="tel:1025955">1025955</a> time=<a href="tel:1516242700">1516242700</a> user_id=48700]
I have spoken to about 5 Jazz pilots (that have been there for under a year), that are actively looking for work elsewhere, incfluding yours truly.

[/quote]

It's SHIT, SHIT, SHIT and I can't wait to leave. In 10 years of aviation, I had to make a lot of sacrifices, I took many hard decisions to build my career, I never regretted any of them, no matter how difficult it was at times, anyone who worked up North, I'm sure can related. The only bad decision I ever made was joining Jazz. If you're a cadet or working in a shit job flying clamped out hoes or metros, then sure go Jazz, or whatever regional. If on the other hand, you had a well paid job, home every night or decent schedule then stay there and wait for the AC call. All of us post 2015 got conned. It was a pure bait and switch to provide cheap labour and when the smokes clear and the music stops, a lot of people still left standing will be very very upset.
[/quote]
So, I’m curious, did you get the PFO or not even get the invite?
Based on recent info, 122 forecasted to go over to AC, most of the PML1.0 are gone so these would be mostly post 2015 pilots going. I’m guessing those 100 or so pilots won’t feel like they were baited!
Also, feel free to take this the wrong way, if you feel Jazz is “SHIT, SHIT , SHIT” please don’t let the door hit you on the way out, your attitude is a cancer on moral and we could live without that.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”