Hiring process interview and sim

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Harley2014
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hiring process interview and sim

Post by Harley2014 »

Hello everyone. Does anyone have any insight of how the final choice to hire someone is made? Is it a combination of the interview and the sim? Or once you get passed the interview is it completely up to the sim provoiding references check? Or is a combination of sim and interview?

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Hiring process interview and sim

Post by Rowdy »

It is a large combination of things. Pre screening, phone call, in person interview, sim eval, reference checks and background checks. Any number of things along the way can nix a candidate apparently.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Harley2014 wrote:Hello everyone. Does anyone have any insight of how the final choice to hire someone is made? Is it a combination of the interview and the sim? Or once you get passed the interview is it completely up to the sim provoiding references check? Or is a combination of sim and interview?

thanks

It's everything. I know guys that thought they had the cat in the bag after their sim eval went well, only to find out they were rejected after their medical / background check. (My personal suspicion is a past DUI, which I think pretty much eliminates your chance of getting on with any major Canadian carrier. Those of you that know otherwise, I do stand to be corrected).

Das ist mir wurst...
Harley2014
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Harley2014 »

Thanks for the replies, I hope the sim isn't waited to heavily

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The SIM is more of a CRM exercise than a flight test. (In my opinion)I would prepare if you can but it's more about if you can learn the few items they show you, how you react under pressure and can you operate in a two crew environment. Plus are you the type of person they want to sit next to for a 4 day pairing. I was pretty bad on my sim eval and I still made it through.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I mixed up my hold entry, but then caught it when I asked my partner to confirm. It showed good crm. I've heard of some guys also mucking up a bit, but generally having good pdm and CRM skills..

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”