Medical

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

shawnarose1991
Rank 0
Rank 0

Medical

Post by shawnarose1991 »

Hey guys!
So I got a call on Friday that they will be moving forward to my criminal background check (which I've now done) and on Tuesday my medical.
What did you wear to the medical exam? I'm torn if I should still be dressing for the job, or if jeans and a shirt would do. Thanks for your input!
---------- ADS -----------

Harley2014
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Medical

Post by Harley2014 »

You can go in shorts and a t shirt if you want. It's a third party place. Show up pee in the cup wait ten minutes and go home

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

Business casual at the least..

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

I wore jeans, a hoodie, and sneakers, and I was the best dressed sumbitch in that entire place by FAR.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

This is too late for the OP, but for any new-hire candidates going forward, Swervin is right - business casual.

Do not show up in jeans and a hoodie.
The medical is paid for by Jazz and is a requirement of your potential employment with the company and as such you are carrying out company business.

Might as well get used to it now. If you get hired you will be dressing in uniform or business casual for the rest of your airline career.

Good luck.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

rxl wrote:This is too late for the OP, but for any new-hire candidates going forward, Swervin is right - business casual.

Do not show up in jeans and a hoodie.
The medical is paid for by Jazz and is a requirement of your potential employment with the company and as such you are carrying out company business.

Might as well get used to it now. If you get hired you will be dressing in uniform or business casual for the rest of your airline career.

Good luck.

I agree with this statement. You are a potential candidate pilot for Jazz and you need to present yourself professionally, every time you represent the company or you are conducting business on their behalf.

Das ist mir wurst...
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Just wear clean jeans and a polo. If it's good enough to travel on passes, it's good enough to go pee in a cup.

ThatFliGuyDerr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThatFliGuyDerr »

I agree with Mr Tusk. You guys are reading into this to much. Just wear jeans and a sweater. The company is not assessing what you wear nor do they care.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

By the time you reach this point the company WANTS to hire you. You've passed basically everything and this is the final step. They're not going to PFO you because the pee center called and said you were wearing sneakers or a hoodie.

Now... they might if the medical place calls and said you were rude. So dress well enough, be polite, say thank you at the end and be done. Simple.

Flaps2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flaps2 »

Is the jazz medical like a class 1 exam?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

No it is just a drug test. At least that's what it was for me last year. Doubt they've changed it.

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike1985 »

Did mine yesterday. Just a drug test.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”