Entire application process timeline?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Entire application process timeline?

Post by link821 »

does ones application expire? 3 months in the pool so far, remaining pertinent but definitely curious.
---------- ADS -----------

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

link821 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:56 pm does ones application expire? 3 months in the pool so far, remaining pertinent but definitely curious.
Yes it does. Got pulled out of the pool after 10 months.
Never been told so during or once the process have been completed.

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

Babar350 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm
link821 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:56 pm does ones application expire? 3 months in the pool so far, remaining pertinent but definitely curious.
Do you mean that they didn’t tell you either way your in the pool or not? Do you mind if I ask what your sitting at for time?

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

BleedAirValve wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm
Babar350 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm
Do you mean that they didn’t tell you either way your in the pool or not? Do you mind if I ask what your sitting at for time?
They put me in the pool and never told me my application had an expiration date.
Got a mail one day saying they are pulling me off the pool as I was sitting for too long in the pool, which is ridiculous, I know people got the call after 11 months.

My time does not matter they are hiring people with less than 1000hrs after 2 weeks in the pool.

I guess I wasn’t good enough to fly for Jazz.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I'm honestly thinking after all the anecdotes that they prefer the sub 1000 hr guys. Less "bush to get out of them" as someone phrased it. I'm probably wrong if we had the real figures but it sure sounds that way reading these threads

flyingb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingb »

C-GGGQ wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm I'm honestly thinking after all the anecdotes that they prefer the sub 1000 hr guys. Less "bush to get out of them" as someone phrased it. I'm probably wrong if we had the real figures but it sure sounds that way reading these threads
I would tend to disagree with this a little bit. Jazz are very unpredictable at the moment. There is no way of guessing what their hiring technique is or what type of hours they are looking for. It seems to change every month according to their needs.

My whole process took 3 months from the day I applied to the time I got a call for a ground school. I hold at 1300h with ATPL. My friend had the same profile as me a year ago, and he is still in the pool waiting with almost 2000 hours now.

It seems to me they are looking for specific profiles. Not necessarily just hours. People who will fit in the company easily, and won’t have any problems getting sent out on a 4 day pairing with others.

All of this is just my two cents, but like I said, very unpredictable and sneaky.

Flyingb

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

Hey guys,

Was just looking for some guidance on the hiring at Jazz. I have completed all of the steps including the sim evaluation, back ground checks, medical and reference checks. In saying that - things have been relatively quiet and I know my file is with Flights Ops for review. The whole process went quite quickly but this part has been slow. I assume this is a good thing but was wondering - am I correct in assuming that if I have progressed this far that things are looking pretty good? Do people usually get the PFO at this stage?

Thanks for the input on this.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

As long as you don’t have the call for the GS consider you might be pfo’ed.

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

Babar350 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:22 am As long as you don’t have the call for the GS consider you might be pfo’ed.
Would seem like a lot of trouble on the part of Jazz HR to go that deep in to the process and PFO someone no?

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

BleedAirValve wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:22 pm
Babar350 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:22 am As long as you don’t have the call for the GS consider you might be pfo’ed.
Would seem like a lot of trouble on the part of Jazz HR to go that deep in to the process and PFO someone no?
As mentioned throughout the process, successful completion of all steps does not guarantee you a position with Jazz.
They have every right. They are the employer, your are only a candidate among others.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

BleedAirValve wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:22 pm
Don't stress yourself out too much. No news is ok news lol. Just wait and likely you'll get a waitlist/pool email. From there its anyones guess what happens. Good luck and just have to wait :)

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

I got the pool email recently! ✌️

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
172ReliefPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 172ReliefPilot »

flyingb wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:31 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm I'm honestly thinking after all the anecdotes that they prefer the sub 1000 hr guys. Less "bush to get out of them" as someone phrased it. I'm probably wrong if we had the real figures but it sure sounds that way reading these threads
I would tend to disagree with this a little bit. Jazz are very unpredictable at the moment. There is no way of guessing what their hiring technique is or what type of hours they are looking for. It seems to change every month according to their needs.

My whole process took 3 months from the day I applied to the time I got a call for a ground school. I hold at 1300h with ATPL. My friend had the same profile as me a year ago, and he is still in the pool waiting with almost 2000 hours now.

It seems to me they are looking for specific profiles. Not necessarily just hours. People who will fit in the company easily, and won’t have any problems getting sent out on a 4 day pairing with others.

All of this is just my two cents, but like I said, very unpredictable and sneaky.

Flyingb
You have an ATPL at 1300 hours?
Anywho.. I agree with you in sayig that their hiring is up and down...I dont know how much consistency there is. I know of people with ATPL hours, just under 100 hours multi getting snubbed on interviews and people coming straight from uni (250 hours) getting a gs in 3 months from application. I understand theres a pathways program but dont know why higher time people are getting snubbed. oh well

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

172ReliefPilot wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Flyingb
Anywho.. I agree with you in sayig that their hiring is up and down...I dont know how much consistency there is. I know of people with ATPL hours, just under 100 hours multi getting snubbed on interviews and people coming straight from uni (250 hours) getting a gs in 3 months from application. I understand theres a pathways program but dont know why higher time people are getting snubbed. oh well
It's not snubbing per say. I was talking with one of the main people who's part of the hiring process recently; asking questions for a friend in the process.

They have certain criteria that they use to determine who gets hired and when. Yes the ATPL is a big asset in the way trend of ATLP vs CPL holders in the company is going.

This individual told me that they also look at other factors like University Certification, Glass cockpit experience, where they worked previously, 1 of the 2 type ratings at Jazz... For example if there's a candidate with an ATPL and under 100 Multi but there's a candidate with 750hrs that's graduated from a university, they ***could possibly*** be more inclined to take the 750hrs because of their preference for post secondary these days.

DaddyShark
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DaddyShark »

I was in the hiring pool last year but took an offer with another 705 company as they offered an earlier GS date - a decision I needed to make for family reasons. I talked to HR at Jazz and withdrew my application. I've applied again recently - just wondering if my chances are low now for getting a call? ATPL holder here with 1600+ hours.

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

DaddyShark wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:45 pm I was in the hiring pool last year but took an offer with another 705 company as they offered an earlier GS date - a decision I needed to make for family reasons. I talked to HR at Jazz and withdrew my application. I've applied again recently - just wondering if my chances are low now for getting a call? ATPL holder here with 1600+ hours.
I don't think anyone who's got an ATPL wanting to work for Jazz has a low chance of getting hired. I would say stay patient but they'll probably put you back in the hiring pool once again.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

Just something to keep in mind with mainline ac. cancelling flts to China and no firm targets of when the 737 max gets back in the sky. this has likely slowed down the flow thru from jazz. when big red gets a clearer pic of the upcoming season, hiring will pick up

RILEY
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RILEY »

DaddyShark wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:45 pm I was in the hiring pool last year but took an offer with another 705 company as they offered an earlier GS date - a decision I needed to make for family reasons. I talked to HR at Jazz and withdrew my application. I've applied again recently - just wondering if my chances are low now for getting a call? ATPL holder here with 1600+ hours.
I withdrew my application the first time I applied to Jazz back in 2018 for an upgrade opportunity at my previous employer. Did a year of left seat time and reapplied, was hired early fall 2019. I emailed the contact from HR who I was in contact with the year previously and stated my interest in a position with Jazz. They were very welcoming so you shouldn’t have an issue, especially with that ATPL. Just Be honest & upfront with them - good luck!

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

oldncold wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:13 pm Just something to keep in mind with mainline ac. cancelling flts to China and no firm targets of when the 737 max gets back in the sky. this has likely slowed down the flow thru from jazz. when big red gets a clearer pic of the upcoming season, hiring will pick up
Not true.

We have over 900 vacancies right now, many NB pilots are working harder than before due to the Max and the 787/China is not going to last forever. And if it does last for a while, those pilots will be protected just like the Max pilots were. Or if the Max comes back, will be given an opportunity to move types.

With 900 vacancies, regardless of the issues with certain things right now I don't foresee hiring slowing down for at least a year or two. Every bid seems to keep having more vacancies, even after hiring 100-200 pilots since the last one.

flyingb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingb »

172ReliefPilot wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Flyingb
I'm sorry I was saying I have my ATPL's written.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”