Entire application process timeline?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Entire application process timeline?

Post by flyer 1492 »

Hearing thru the grapevine that we are still looking to hire 200 pilots before the end of the year. New equipment bid should be out later today.

Flyer
---------- ADS -----------

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Fantastic news! Hopefully AC will continue to hire pilots from the PML & FPML and people can keep flowing through. If the PML/FPML slows down or stops all together, it may be tough to get pilots to apply to Jazz. Seems the FPML is the big carrot at the moment.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Well the bid is out with about 70 captain upgrades forecasted and 65 PML/fpml folks leaving. There is going to be plenty of hiring so just be patient and enjoy what you're doing now.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

Is this bid for the fall 2017 only ?
What is the plan for all of 2018 ? Is Jazz still able to flow pilots in 2018 ? Air Canada will run into an experience issue if they continue to pull from jazz, no ?

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Why would they have an experience issue?

Jazz and all the Express carriers especially those on the jets fly the same passengers, to the same destinations in a lot of cases. If you're good enough to to fly those passengers on Express why wouldnt' you be good enough at mainline?

On the bid, the forecast FPML attrition is all listed under Captains... so it seems like perhaps AC has said they will be taking Captains only for now? I imagine if you can be a Captain at Jazz you'll have no trouble being an FO at mainline.

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

Ah! That makes sense...the part about PML only captains.
AC has preliminary planned to award PML pilots with AC position that are captains. I would think that is reasonable since Jazz is hiring FOs with under 1500 TT and those said FOs would be eligible, based on senirorty, to accept AC interview at less than ideal amount of flying experience (TT) to be an RP on widebody or FO on a narrow body.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

seriousflyer wrote:Ah! That makes sense...the part about PML only captains.
AC has preliminary planned to award PML pilots with AC position that are captains. I would think that is reasonable since Jazz is hiring FOs with under 1500 TT and those said FOs would be eligible, based on senirorty, to accept AC interview at less than ideal amount of flying experience (TT) to be an RP on widebody or FO on a narrow body.
You must have 2000 hours and an ATPL to be in the FPML.

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

Ah ok. Makes sense. I thought it would be min. 3000hrs. Good for the pilots that have as little as 2000 hrs and get on with AC shortly after obtaining 2000hrs. Will jazz be able to flow hunderds of pilots to AC in 2018 or will there not be enough of pilots that meet the min. req?

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pt6-42 »

So I'm coming up to 4 weeks and still nothing. If jazz wants to pfo you will they now just not email you?

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

Pt6-42 wrote:So I'm coming up to 4 weeks and still nothing. If jazz wants to pfo you will they now just not email you?
All you can do is wait.

lock15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lock15 »

Pt6-42 wrote:So I'm coming up to 4 weeks and still nothing. If jazz wants to pfo you will they now just not email you?
I've heard they are pooling again. A friend of mine waited 5-6 weeks before finally getting a call. That was just a month ago

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

I've heard they are pooling again. A friend of mine waited 5-6 weeks before finally getting a call. That was just a month ago[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm this? Do they not let you know if you are placed in the pool?

Wingsuit capt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Wingsuit capt »

Pt6-42 wrote:Image still waiting
Are you this waiting PT6-42? How much notice does jazz give new hires?

Wingsuit capt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Wingsuit capt »

Flyguy13 wrote:I've heard they are pooling again. A friend of mine waited 5-6 weeks before finally getting a call. That was just a month ago
Can anyone else confirm this? Do they not let you know if you are placed in the pool?[/quote]

That seems to be the most likely scenario. I've been waiting two weeks and nothing yet.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Wingsuit capt wrote:
Flyguy13 wrote:I've heard they are pooling again. A friend of mine waited 5-6 weeks before finally getting a call. That was just a month ago
Can anyone else confirm this? Do they not let you know if you are placed in the pool?

Well, I waited 2 months from the time I applied till the time I got a call for an interview.

Das ist mir wurst...
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

4 weeks from applying, from the interview, the sim, the medical, the criminal background check, or from the reference calls? :lol: what a process.

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

Applied in late July, did the first interview in late August. They told me I passed the interview but I don't have enough experience for the sim eval so I have to wait a few months for that. I admit I am not the highest time pilot (1300 hours or so) but if I don't have enough experience why did they call me for an interview in the first place?

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

bearitus wrote:Applied in late July, did the first interview in late August. They told me I passed the interview but I don't have enough experience for the sim eval so I have to wait a few months for that. I admit I am not the highest time pilot (1300 hours or so) but if I don't have enough experience why did they call me for an interview in the first place?
Do you have any multi time? or just single engine time?

RP

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

I do although only about 250 or so hours as a turboprop FO.

Vguysbuhd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vguysbuhd »

bearitus wrote:Applied in late July, did the first interview in late August. They told me I passed the interview but I don't have enough experience for the sim eval so I have to wait a few months for that. I admit I am not the highest time pilot (1300 hours or so) but if I don't have enough experience why did they call me for an interview in the first place?
I find this quite interesting, I have never heard of this happening before. Has this happened to anyone else?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”