Entire application process timeline?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Entire application process timeline?

Post by 1973 »

BleedAirValve wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:04 am Hey guys,

Was just looking for some guidance on the hiring at Jazz. I have completed all of the steps including the sim evaluation, back ground checks, medical and reference checks. In saying that - things have been relatively quiet and I know my file is with Flights Ops for review. The whole process went quite quickly but this part has been slow. ...

Thanks for the input on this.
I had a similar experience and I am still waiting. I guess it’s good news or we would have been pfo’d already.
---------- ADS -----------

nick_m_007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nick_m_007 »

1973 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Was just looking for some guidance on the hiring at Jazz. I have completed all of the steps including the sim evaluation, back ground checks, medical and reference checks. In saying that - things have been relatively quiet and I know my file is with Flights Ops for review. The whole process went quite quickly but this part has been slow. ...

I had a similar experience and I am still waiting. I guess it’s good news or we would have been pfo’d already.
+1

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

They were suuuuper busy lately with all the Georgian pilots. That’s why the process is taking longer lately for applicants.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
mjankovic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mjankovic »

1973 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm

It should be. I got pfo’d by Encore just a week after initial interview

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 1973 »

Edit.

Last edited by 1973 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

1973 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 am I am loosing faith and I might start applying at other places.
Why would you not do so anyway? What happens if they, for whatever reason, simply don't pick you? If an airline career is what you want, apply to all, take the first one that comes your way, and then map out your alternates. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 1973 »

North Shore wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 am
1973 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 am I am loosing faith and I might start applying at other places.
Why would you not do so anyway? What happens if they, for whatever reason, simply don't pick you?
I know but I like my job at the moment. I want an airline career but I am not in a rush. I can afford to wait and I would love to have a commuting policy.

sdotz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdotz »

1973 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:22 am
Why would you not do so anyway? What happens if they, for whatever reason, simply don't pick you?
I know but I like my job at the moment. I want an airline career but I am not in a rush. I can afford to wait and I would love to have a commuting policy.
Here is my 2 cents, if you want an airline career, it is all about the seniority number which means do whatever you can to get in ASAP. Jazz have a good commuting policy.

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 1973 »

sdotz wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:58 pm
1973 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:22 am

Here is my 2 cents, if you want an airline career, it is all about the seniority number which means do whatever you can to get in ASAP. Jazz have a good commuting policy.
Which is why I would like to get in at jazz as soon as possible.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”