Entire application process timeline?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Entire application process timeline?

Post by LicensedToThrill »

the-minister31 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:00 pm
LicensedToThrill wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:32 am Still waiting for references to return correspondence.
Do you mean HR is waiting for your references to call back? HR e-mailed you about it?
No

Whats the word for future GSs? How many are being held in Novmber and Dec?
---------- ADS -----------

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

LicensedToThrill wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:31 pm
the-minister31 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:00 pm
LicensedToThrill wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:32 am Still waiting for references to return correspondence.
Do you mean HR is waiting for your references to call back? HR e-mailed you about it?
No

Whats the word for future GSs? How many are being held in Novmber and Dec?
You will have this information if you get in the pool.
Otherwise, you'll have a call for one of the upcoming GS.

faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by faculties11 »

Last edited by faculties11 on Tue May 16, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

800TT with 550 twin otter 704...
Updated resume online and quickly received an email from recruitment saying to update my resume again after Christmas and expect contact shortly after as they are interested in continuing the application process once I get more experience.
This would tell me they’re looking for around 1000TT I guess. Anyone else get a similar email?

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Anyone received news for the november and december GS?

joenm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joenm »

Any reason why somebody with 4500+hrs TT almost 1000hrs multi-turbine + 703 + glass/fms experience + multi-crew time wouldn't be contacted?

Just wondering what's wrong. Have had a few people look at the resume and nothing stands out. Been formatted according to all of the guides. Have been on there since January and again in August

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

If you figure out why, please let us know. The whole business is very mysterious most of the time.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

2 GS Jan 2020
2 GS Feb 2020
3 GS Mar 2020

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

With 3 ground schools for March it looks like things are ramping up at Jazz, are they getting ready for the bid in January ?

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

My guess would be a groundschool every other week, so there's two Monday's in January that work (6th and 20th), two in February (3rd and 17th), but three Monday's in March (2nd, 16th and 30th).

Maybe more a function of the calendar than any actual ramping up.. it's still a G/S every other week no matter how you look at it.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:44 pm My guess would be a groundschool every other week, so there's two Monday's in January that work (6th and 20th), two in February (3rd and 17th), but three Monday's in March (2nd, 16th and 30th).

Maybe more a function of the calendar than any actual ramping up.. it's still a G/S every other week no matter how you look at it.
Nailed it ;)
Same reason we had 3 GS's in Oct

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:10 pm 800TT with 550 twin otter 704...
Updated resume online and quickly received an email from recruitment saying to update my resume again after Christmas and expect contact shortly after as they are interested in continuing the application process once I get more experience.
This would tell me they’re looking for around 1000TT I guess. Anyone else get a similar email?
Yes. 100% the same

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

From what I gathered in the past months, 1000 hrs with 250 multi is the current recruitment threshold. Correct me if I'm wrong !

Don't lose hope if they don't call you in the first week after the holidays. They are swamped...

pilot96140
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilot96140 »

I applied last week to Jazz and got a call this week inviting me for an online Interview. What exactly is the process? I see they mentioned if successful I would then do a sim eval, from there is there an In person interview after?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

pilot96140 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:47 pm I applied last week to Jazz and got a call this week inviting me for an online Interview. What exactly is the process? I see they mentioned if successful I would then do a sim eval, from there is there an In person interview after?
There are a few posts on this forum covering directly that topic as well as many posts in this thread. Good luck & don't stress too hard about the interview!

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Online tests and Online interview
Sim eval and personality test
Medical and background check

HR are quite busy these days, it's gonna be long. Don't stress too much about it.

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

How long does it take usually between the moment they call your references and the pool email?

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
flyingb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingb »

Caterpillar wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:54 pm How long does it take usually between the moment they call your references and the pool email?
It's never the same. Seems to vary a lot. Some people get the confirmation that they are in the pool and others don't. Personally, my references got called mid-october, did my medical October 28th, then no news whatsoever until Dec 31t when they called me to give me a GS date. Another of my buddies got the e-mail saying he was in the pool then got called for a GS 1 week later.

Hope you get the call soon.

Flyingb

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

flyingb wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Caterpillar wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:54 pm How long does it take usually between the moment they call your references and the pool email?
It's never the same. Seems to vary a lot. Some people get the confirmation that they are in the pool and others don't. Personally, my references got called mid-october, did my medical October 28th, then no news whatsoever until Dec 31t when they called me to give me a GS date. Another of my buddies got the e-mail saying he was in the pool then got called for a GS 1 week later.

Hope you get the call soon.

Flyingb
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!!

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

Im in the same boat as you Caterpillar. Although my process went very very quickly. Just over two weeks from initial phone screening to cog tests to Skype interview to physc / sim eval to background and medical.

Just waiting now to see if I made it to the pool!

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”