Captain requirements?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Captain requirements?

Post by KenoraPilot »

I waited 20months from date of hire to hold YYC Captain on the DH8. ATPL 6500+TT when hired.
YUL captains are pretty quick these days. Most Junior DH8 Captain in YYC is around 1.5 years by the month of training.
---------- ADS -----------

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Anyone from Jazz care to predict for the remainder of 2018 and heading into 2019 how long upgrade times will be ? Any sign of a slowdown ?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

YUL still pretty quick upgrades 1-2 years. YVR same. YYC a bit longer with the RJ flying shrinking. YYZ will be much longer. Most captains are older-staying/PFO’d so the only attrition will be retirements for the most part. A little overstaffed with captains now so the days of the fast upgrades are on hold for now.

Let’s Go Brandon
Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

looks pretty accurate to what Inverted said, so I'd second that. The classics and Q's in YUL and YVR will likely see the most movement for upgrades. Rest is senior and/or those not going to AC. With that, it all depends on AC how fast/slow things will move. Rumour is less than 200/yr from Jazz. If that holds true, you can see upgrades reach to 3-4yrs levels, which, is still better than the 10 of years past.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 pm I waited 20months from date of hire to hold YYC Captain on the DH8. ATPL 6500+TT when hired.
YUL captains are pretty quick these days. Most Junior DH8 Captain in YYC is around 1.5 years by the month of training.
Friend of mind just upgrade in a year to the day he was hired in YYC, so things are still moving along (on the DH8).
dhc# wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 am Anyone from Jazz care to predict for the remainder of 2018 and heading into 2019 how long upgrade times will be ? Any sign of a slowdown ?
The HR lady I spoke to to book my interview said they are down to 1 gs a month for right now (didn't get into why), and are currently filling July's class.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”