PML 3.0

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JcPd_flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

PML 3.0

Post by JcPd_flyer »

Any ideas/rumors? Last thing I heard was that they are coming up with one by December 2017 or maybe even earlier...
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: PML 3.0

Post by Rowdy »

It will still be v2.0. There have been no changes to the agreement. However the option to 'tick the box' and the window for it will be available in november/december.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Ohhhh I can't wait to see the discussions in the crew room once the box is open again they start taking new guys with degrees over people who have been here for 2+ years. Who needs Game of Thrones when you have that kind of drama!? :twisted:

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

PositiveRate27 wrote:Ohhhh I can't wait to see the discussions in the crew room once the box is open again they start taking new guys with degrees over people who have been here for 2+ years. Who needs Game of Thrones when you have that kind of drama!? :twisted:
I hear you!

Who are we kidding though ? The whole PML 2.0 was a ploy to lure pilots to come work for $36 a credit hour, effectively working for around or some times less than minimum wage once you factor in the numbers of hours you spend on duty.

Anyways back to PML 3.0. Air Canada will always take the "best candidate" they can and apparently that has nothing to do with experience, good work ethic or professionalism... I know some real knobs working there now(and some great people) while some of the best people and pilots I know were PFOed from a fricking online video interview... You are just a number to Air Canada so plan accordingly and keep your options open.

Edited by author for going off subject to air grievances.

Slowprop
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slowprop »

Rowdy wrote:It will still be v2.0. There have been no changes to the agreement. However the option to 'tick the box' and the window for it will be available in november/december.

Where have you seen that confirmation that the box will be there again in those date ?

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

The memo that came out originally stating that every time, there would be the option to tick the box on the standing bid for the upcoming year.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

OTS portal opening next month

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Rowdy wrote:The memo that came out originally stating that every time, there would be the option to tick the box on the standing bid for the upcoming year.
It did say "or as required" so there is a possibility it remains closed until everyone on the first 2.0 list has been interviewed. That being said, I don't expect that to happen.

Canuck1988
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canuck1988 »

Oxi wrote:OTS portal opening next month

Isn't this the same as what someone else claimed last month? :shock:

FighterPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FighterPilot »

Yeah he's wrong, it's not opening up next month... It just opened up this month.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Looks like those of us who have completed the video interview already but haven't heard anything since will be waiting a while longer now.

Last I've heard was 500+ vacancies.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Lemon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lemon »

skypirate88 wrote:Looks like those of us who have completed the video interview already but haven't heard anything since will be waiting a while longer now.

How come?

Canuck1988
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canuck1988 »

FighterPilot wrote:Yeah he's wrong, it's not opening up next month... It just opened up this month.

Well, I stand corrected. Haha.

JcPd_flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JcPd_flyer »

Canuck1988 wrote:
FighterPilot wrote:Yeah he's wrong, it's not opening up next month... It just opened up this month.

Well, I stand corrected. Haha.
I don't know about him but I don't think I've received a memo about it being open, nor see a box on my standing bid :?

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

The portal for OTS is open now. You won't see our box to tick on the standing bid til end of november. IIRC I was told that it wasn't up until everyone has selected vacation and the list was populated to send to AC before year end.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”