Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by KenoraPilot »

March 16 and March 30 GSs are still going ahead with 20 OTS pilots in each. All GGN pilots are through.
When I hear of more GS I’ll post or whatever news I get about the future of hiring. Our April Schedule was delayed due to AC making changes to service so that will be a good indication of what the next couple months will look like for Jazz. We were already flying a lot due to the 737Max being down so likely going back to normal or slightly less than normal levels. This all depends on what happens with the panic in Canada over this virus.
---------- ADS -----------

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:21 am March 16 and March 30 GSs are still going ahead with 20 OTS pilots in each. All GGN pilots are through.
When I hear of more GS I’ll post or whatever news I get about the future of hiring. Our April Schedule was delayed due to AC making changes to service so that will be a good indication of what the next couple months will look like for Jazz. We were already flying a lot due to the 737Max being down so likely going back to normal or slightly less than normal levels. This all depends on what happens with the panic in Canada over this virus.
Thanks KenoraPilot - good to see some other facts being posted too. Too much hysteria right now!

BaldChewbacca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BaldChewbacca »

BleedAirValve wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 am
BaldChewbacca wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:25 am A lot of groundschools in Canada are already being cancelled or delayed due to covid-19. How is Jazz looking right now? Are they still planning gs every two weeks?
Where did you get that information from? I spoke to our training coordinator at Jazz this morning and she told me we are still good to go for Monday as they are short pilots because they haven't been able to get as many in the door as AC is taking - that was 30 minutes ago!
Where did I get that information from? What information? I asked if groundschools at Jazz were still going as normal. Thanks for answering in your weird way though I guess.

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

BaldChewbacca wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm
BaldChewbacca wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:25 am A lot of groundschools in Canada are already being cancelled or delayed due to covid-19. How is Jazz looking right now? Are they still planning gs every two weeks?
Where did you get that information from? I spoke to our training coordinator at Jazz this morning and she told me we are still good to go for Monday as they are short pilots because they haven't been able to get as many in the door as AC is taking - that was 30 minutes ago!
Where did I get that information from? What information? I asked if groundschools at Jazz were still going as normal. Thanks for answering in your weird way though I guess.
I was referring to your statement about many ground schools being cancels

BaldChewbacca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BaldChewbacca »

BleedAirValve wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:18 pm
BaldChewbacca wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm

I was referring to your statement about many ground schools being cancels
So far I've heard of sky regional, WestJet, and encore delaying groundschools after March. Heard it from word of mouth and on the forums here. Personally I don't think this pandemic is as bad as the media purports it to be. Thinking back to SARS, h1n1, etc, those disappeared fairly quickly. Hopefully the industry can hang in there until then.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Scheduled are 2x GS in April, 2x GS in May.
This was recently planned, but things do have a way of changing quickly depending on what kind of travel restrictions and group gathering restrictions are put in place. If travel inside of Canada is curtailed or stopped well then you've got your answer. For now, GS's continue as scheduled. Will update if I get more info.

monsieur_zero
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by monsieur_zero »

I heard Porter just postponed there ground schools so hopefully jazz will not

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

The day that AC postpones PIT GS is the same day that Jazz will.

Jazz is hiring 90% for AC attrition replacement.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

April flying bid pack is out. From what it looks like every type at every base is 80-87.5 block hours a month.

This schedule was built early March.....so who knows how long this last but the flying has “increased” for Jazz.

Qcumber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Qcumber »

With how quickly things are deteriorating and the uncertainty going forward, I would be very surprised if ground schools in April or May are not postponed. Anyone in those classes should definitely keep other options on the table right now.

bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

Just got word that March 30 GS is cancelled.

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

Last edited by BleedAirValve on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

Source? Cause when I talked with Jazz they said they had no date.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

bring me the horizon wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:31 pm Source? Cause when I talked with Jazz they said they had no date.
I don’t think Jazz even knows. Tomorrow is a new day and I’m thinking it’s not going to be good. AC announced they are cutting flights by 50% which one can assume will be the same for Jazz.

Let’s Go Brandon
Stayfly121
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Stayfly121 »

March 16th GS is the last GS until the fall.

spruceair
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by spruceair »

Had an interview scheduled for tomorrow, got an email this morning cancelling it.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Cal apparently told the GS that started today, that they will be the last one until this international crisis comes to pass.

Its gonna be a huge game of catch up when it all blows over in a month or so.

I was honestly looking forward to some blocking averages that were't 87.5hrs a month! But I guess summer will either be crazy or dead. Hard to say at this point

flyingb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingb »

Wondering if we’re looking at lay offs or not.. no memo’s have gone out yet..

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

flyingb wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:08 pm Wondering if we’re looking at lay offs or not.. no memo’s have gone out yet..
If you are going to lay-off, you don’t start a groundschool.

Same logic applies at AC.

More likely to see LOA/reduced blocks/etc

RILEY
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RILEY »

AC freezing all hiring, Jazz doing the same... Tomorrow will give us a better idea of what’s to come.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”