Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by yhz41 »

How is movement these days between the 3 different aircraft?
---------- ADS -----------

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The DH8 is slammed with over staffing and reducing number of tails. I'd say the DH8 movement has slowed to a crawl. The Q and RJ not sure, but tend to me more senior. I haven't seen a DH8 in a new hire class in a while (occasional 2).

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I think everything is in a bit of a “holding pattern” right now till they sort out the fleet renewal. Classic Dashes are dropping like flies, the 50 seat CRJ are supposed to be gone soon. Retirements kinda slow for the next couple of years etc. Time will tell.....

Let’s Go Brandon
B1900Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B1900Driver »

Hi everybody!
I was wondering if anyone got invited for the March GS. I have done my interview, sim, medical, criminal background check and Jazz contacted my references last week. I’m sitting here patiently waiting :)

seokc90
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by seokc90 »

Glad to see these kinds of posts to keep me motivated to work for Jazz later on.

I am working towards my MIFR while instructing. (800TT)

Hope to join you guys this summer or fall.

Good luck everybody and stay safe!

Greygoose48
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Greygoose48 »

Hi, same for me everything completed, just received the hiring pool email this week, waiting on that GS date call.

Cheers everyone!

GreenBastrd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GreenBastrd »

Whats the call back time these days?

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

I was done with everything on december 12th and got the pool email 2 days ago. Maybe cause of the holidays. No ground school call yet. They’ll call eventually :)

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Seems that the waiting time to receive the email pool is between 4-6 weeks after they've contacted your references.

VeeDriver94
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by VeeDriver94 »

They will eventually call I am pretty sure, I had the pool email on the 26th of November and patiently waiting :)

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Feb GS is full, working on the March GS. Good luck to everyone.

VeeDriver94
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by VeeDriver94 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm Feb GS is full, working on the March GS. Good luck to everyone.
Thanks Kenora :)

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:13 pm Jan, Feb, Mar all have confirmed GS dates.
Jan full.
Calls going for Feb/Mar
Hey KenoraPilot,

I have been waiting for the GS call as well. Do you by any chance have news for the guys waiting like me?

Thank you!

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

If the new contract passes, I don't imagine there will be many new hire classes for a while. Training is going to be packed with recurrent sims and GGN pilot training.

airplane4510
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airplane4510 »

Any word on whether or not the March class is full?

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

V1Vr wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:02 pm If the new contract passes, I don't imagine there will be many new hire classes for a while. Training is going to be packed with recurrent sims and GGN pilot training.
That's why I am worried. Things are getting interesting these days. so just wanted to hear from someone inside.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Either case people in the hiring pool are going to wait...

If the vote is Yes I assume that GGN pilot are going to transition to Jazz but not all at the same. I think they're going to transition "by plane" and it could take up to 2 years.
So let's suppose they have 200 pilots, 75 eligible to AC and 125 to Jazz.AC is supposed to "accept 90% of eligible pilots from Jazz to mainline". They need to hire between 700 to 900 pilots next year from what I've heard...

Also, don't forget that all bases and all planes seem to have almost 10-15 reserve pilot...

If the vote is no... well Jazz still needs to hire but be sure that it won't be 20-pilot class ...

People getting the hiring pool email early December are still waiting for a GS...

Dash.Trash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash.Trash »

Babar350 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:18 am Either case people in the hiring pool are going to wait...

If the vote is Yes I assume that GGN pilot are going to transition to Jazz but not all at the same. I think they're going to transition "by plane" and it could take up to 2 years.
So let's suppose they have 200 pilots, 75 eligible to AC and 125 to Jazz.AC is supposed to "accept 90% of eligible pilots from Jazz to mainline". They need to hire between 700 to 900 pilots next year from what I've heard...

Also, don't forget that all bases and all planes seem to have almost 10-15 reserve pilot...

If the vote is no... well Jazz still needs to hire but be sure that it won't be 20-pilot class ...

People getting the hiring pool email early December are still waiting for a GS...
AC cannot hire and train 700-900 pilots in a year. I think last year was 400-450 and that was near maximum their training department could keep up with. Jazz likely can’t do more than 450 either.

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

If this goes through Jazz needs to hire between 300-400 this year.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Kinda waiting on the status of this upcoming TA. Once we know what direction we are going they will have more info on future GS dates etc. Right now it's a hold past March.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”