Reductions for YVR DH8?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Ridhwik
Rank 0
Rank 0

Reductions for YVR DH8?

Post by Ridhwik »

Is it true there's reductions for YVR DH8 in the upcoming August bid?
---------- ADS -----------

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Reductions for YVR DH8?

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Don’t know. The bid isn’t out yet.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

I wouldn't be surprised at reductions of YYC and/or YVR DH8 capt.... 6+ reserve crews everyday... 20-30hrs block per month... obviously overstaffed from all the PML V2 pfos and non-interviews.

Hard to tell... Hiring should pickup quite a bit from AC in fall and the 737 max sim no longer require jet time so who knows..maybe it'll stay the same ... Maybe it'll be a very small reductions. We'll find out in a few weeks, won't we ?

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

They were assuming that the handful of PML 1.0 folk who had deferred til the end would be going to AC. I count 5 that stayed just in YVR, I don't watch the YYC list that closely. Crew planning also decided to carry a pile of Reserve this summer so that last summers insanity and the resulting huge amounts of OT didn't happen. AC uptake should resume in the fall and there are a handful of retirements.There are also a handful that are awaiting GS in the fall.. If there is a classic reduction, there will be growth on the Q and RJ.. they seem to be doing a lot more flying out west.. But the bigger picture I'm seeing doesn't have any reductions. Looks like some careful planning actually.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

In fact the last bid included a statement that we were carrying a surplus of pilots for the planned attrition, perhaps a little longer than originally intended but a surplus nonetheless. That being said, the next bid will have a number of factors one of them being the typical winter reduction of flying and if the AC plan does not included as many going, there could be a reduction in some places, anybody’s guess really.
I’m anxiously awaiting the YYC RJ positions as the flying could easily be done from another base, ie; YVR. Pure speculation on my part but no headstart flights means no need for pilots living there, probably save 3 or 4 reserve pilots by crewing from YVR.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

17 RSV lines on the YVR DH8 captain BIDPAC for september.

Hmm....

Radiocaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Radiocaster »

Mmmmmm indeed.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

“Denied due to min rsv coverage”

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 am “Denied due to min rsv coverage”
:x

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

No Reductions at least hopefully for another 6 months ish :) :) :)

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm No Reductions at least hopefully for another 6 months ish :) :) :)
As long as AC starts taking pilots again, even with a planned increase in block hours, we are still above the baseline requirements.
That being said, we’re still hiring, I think partly because if we don’t hire them somebody will.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

mbav8r wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 am
KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm No Reductions at least hopefully for another 6 months ish :) :) :)
As long as AC starts taking pilots again, even with a planned increase in block hours, we are still above the baseline requirements.
That being said, we’re still hiring, I think partly because if we don’t hire them somebody will.
Common, lets at least enjoy the slight positivity that comes with no reductions, and a "slight" increase in block hours! You gotta smile occasionally :)

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”