PML Portal

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: PML Portal

Post by Outlaw58 »

teacher wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 pm Heard from another AC guy that the Express carriers have instituted a 2 year minimum wait before going to AC to stem the exodus and staffing problems. Not official though.
I am pretty sure that has always been the case.

If I am not mistaken, you needed 2 years at Jazz to be placed on the PML. It's just the same policy that has migrated to the portal AFAIK.

---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

No you don't NEED it but it's preferred according to the memo that came out. I know multiple people who have went over, not in the 1.0, but the one that came after (not the current portal) who were at Jazz for less. On the old FPML, two years was not required. Only an ATPL and 2000 hours.

But yes, it was apparently too help stabilize things a bit. Last summer our roster was pillaged by AC causing many delays and flight cancellations due to no pilots. I did 5 months straight of over 100 credits. This year it's been the complete opposite.

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

Lightchop wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am
jorgeherrera.ca wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm
Lightchop wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 pm

No you don't.
I'm not saying that is the case for everyone. What I am saying is I DO know ONE guy who spent 1 year at Jazz on the CRJ and is now flying Mainline on the 37.
Not someone who was hired last year. Maybe 2016, but no way anyone from 2017. Want to know why? The PML list closed on Dec 1st 2016 and didn't reopen until something like May of this year. There is no option for a jazz pilot to apply OTS. Secondly, there have been next to no interviews offered for anyone signed up on this new portal and virtually all that have interviewed have been here over two years.

So basically what you are saying is you know someone who was at the company for less than a year, apply in May as an FO with less than the asked for 2 years at Express AND not in the left seat, get hired on one of first classes after the portal opened and is already on line in the 37.

Feel free to post or PM their last name I'll happy look up the older seniority lists and be proven wrong. Actually I hope to be proven wrong.
You are right Lightchop. My bud did get hired at Jazz in 2016 (april) and moved to mainline in 2017 (may). He was an FO on the CRJ and moved to sn FO spot on the 37.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Yieldermatik wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 pm
Lightchop wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am
jorgeherrera.ca wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm not saying that is the case for everyone. What I am saying is I DO know ONE guy who spent 1 year at Jazz on the CRJ and is now flying Mainline on the 37.
Not someone who was hired last year. Maybe 2016, but no way anyone from 2017. Want to know why? The PML list closed on Dec 1st 2016 and didn't reopen until something like May of this year. There is no option for a jazz pilot to apply OTS. Secondly, there have been next to no interviews offered for anyone signed up on this new portal and virtually all that have interviewed have been here over two years.

So basically what you are saying is you know someone who was at the company for less than a year, apply in May as an FO with less than the asked for 2 years at Express AND not in the left seat, get hired on one of first classes after the portal opened and is already on line in the 37.

Feel free to post or PM their last name I'll happy look up the older seniority lists and be proven wrong. Actually I hope to be proven wrong.
You are right Lightchop. My bud did get hired at Jazz in 2016 (april) and moved to mainline in 2017 (may). He was an FO on the CRJ and moved to sn FO spot on the 37.
I know someone that did this too around the same time, he also had a PhD so I'm sure that helped. Perhaps we're thinking of the same person?

Rupert.Pupkin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rupert.Pupkin »

Lots of interviews going on. I have one coming up. I know a few other Jazz people who have interviewed recently. My one buddy just did one and the HR rep said they are hiring 200 people before Christmas. Call back times seem to be around 1 month.

JLA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JLA »

Lots of people hired in 2015 by Jazz on the last PIT course. Just put at least your 2 years in. These days a good substitute for no degree or aviation college would be a good chunk of left seat 705.
Upgrade asap, and be patient.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

JLA wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm Lots of people hired in 2015 by Jazz on the last PIT course. Just put at least your 2 years in. These days a good substitute for no degree or aviation college would be a good chunk of left seat 705.
This is basically my plan. Well it's basically done aside from actually getting a call. Fingers crossed for this fall or spring.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

JLA wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm Lots of people hired in 2015 by Jazz on the last PIT course. Just put at least your 2 years in. These days a good substitute for no degree or aviation college would be a good chunk of left seat 705.
+1

It's not time to make a change, just relax, take it easy
You're still young, that's your fault, there's so much you have to go through...

58 ;)

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike1985 »

jorgeherrera.ca wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm
PositiveRate27 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:37 pm They and only they know that. Anything you hear is just conjecture. I’ve been hearing since the day I got hired in 2015 that mainline would be picking up the hiring any day now.... still here and feeling farther from mainline than ever.
hmmm...I'd ask around if I were you...something's up...I personally know a guy who got into Jazz (CRJ) last year and is already on mainline flying the 37...
I know that someone you are talking about.. He got on to Jazz in 2016 and AC in 2017 and flies the 737Max.

jorgeherrera.ca
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jorgeherrera.ca »

Mike1985 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm
jorgeherrera.ca wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm
PositiveRate27 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:37 pm They and only they know that. Anything you hear is just conjecture. I’ve been hearing since the day I got hired in 2015 that mainline would be picking up the hiring any day now.... still here and feeling farther from mainline than ever.
hmmm...I'd ask around if I were you...something's up...I personally know a guy who got into Jazz (CRJ) last year and is already on mainline flying the 37...
I know that someone you are talking about.. He got on to Jazz in 2016 and AC in 2017 and flies the 737Max.
Yes. I thought he got in last year but it was 2016 jazz and 2017 mainline max. Time is just flying too fast.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”