Sim Eval 2018

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Sim Eval 2018

Post by Outlaw58 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 pm
Outlaw58 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm OK...fine,

There was this dude who stumbled on to people that didn't have hands and had never met anyone with hands. The dude said look! I have hands and the folks replied:"What are hands??"

Don't get it? thats ok.

"Experience is something someone acquires a second after needing it"
I get what you are saying. I would debate that while the person with hands would be at a total loss if his hands were removed, the people without hands would just ignore them if granted as they never needed it before. Also, to be clear I'm just home sick and stirring the pot. seeing if someone comes up with a half decent argument.

However as gaining experience factors in to the OP's decision, I would say that any aircraft in the fleet for a new pilot is going to be drinking from the fire hose. In the current climate and market I also think it would be doing him a disservice to tell him to bid something just cause "it will make you a better pilot" which I think is debatable when talking about classic, vs q, rj. Instead of telling him, as we would to any senior pilot, to bid the lifestyle/ schedule he wants. I mean what he bids and what he gets wont necessarily be the same thing of course, so don't bid just cause some senior guys think it's better for you. When likely there is some (not totally, but some) factor of " you don't deserve it yet" we are all guilty of that to some extent. I couldn't believe students were being allowed things like foreflight and e6b apps in training just cause it didn't exist back when I did mine so why should you get it.
Can't say I disagree with anything you are saying. I think I was a little vague in my last post to the OP when I said he could actually be in a position to bid on either platform. I wish him well, I hope he likes his bid but you and I know that whatever happens, no matter what we say, it is only 30 odd years down the road that he will fully understand the full impact of that one little choice. Not saying that the choice could make or break his career, far from it. Just that he will eventually look back on his flying and go "gosh that was dumb" or "damn I got lucky" or even "Now I get it"... I just wish that the choice(s) he make(s) will reduce the number and length of aforementioned period... that's all.

PS: In my own particular case, speaking of those "that was dumb" moment... I am thankful that at the time, I didn't have a large aircraft limiting my options with a full load of passengers biaising my decisions, making the one right call a heck of a lot more obvious. A luxury that an increasing number of up and coming pilots no longer have these days.
---------- ADS -----------

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Sim Eval 2018

Post by Outlaw58 »

Warnergah
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sim Eval 2018

Post by Warnergah »

No point buying a DX10 card yet as the sim doesnt support the hardware.

Patch will be out for it in the future

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”